Hacking Dumped my own copy of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD but can't it to run...

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddd was not correctly dumping Yakuza title, in particular some files were missing in the \code folder.
Analyzing \code\launcher.rpl i see it was looking for Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl so i thought there was a problem in launcher.rpl becuase it crashed when ddd was loaded in memory while trying to load Orge1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl (those 2 files were not dumped by ddd).
Fortunately Maschell provided the code to add a ddd function to force-dump specific game files (you need to know the correct path\name) and we was able to dump Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl.
Even with those 2 files the single titles were not loading: renaming Ogre1.rpl to launcher.rpl did the trick, Yakuza 1 was correctly launched (i think also renaming Ogre2.rpl into launcher.rpl will lauch Yakuza 2, i do not own the title, just received the \code and \meta folders).

This is the ddd "patched" code Maschell provided to add Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl dump while dumping the \code folder:
file: https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/blob/ca33ad1c759a0b67db33eedcf7fc4537198aad9c/src/discdumper.c#L398
Code:
if(strncasecmp(pPath, "/vol/code", strlen("/vol/code")) == 0)
{
unsigned int rpl_handle = 0;
OSDynLoad_Acquire("Ogre1.rpl", &rpl_handle);
unsigned int rpl_handle_2 = 0;
OSDynLoad_Acquire("Ogre2.rpl", &rpl_handle_2);
u8DumpingPaths = 1;
DumpCodeXmls(sendData);
DumpRpxRpl(sendData);

If you want (for other purposes) to dump other files (maybe for other problematic games) you need to specify them in the sources; Maschell said it is also possible to add a function to user-specifiy the specific filename to dump but this will require a bit more coding.

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: Baphomet and KiiWii

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
ddd was not correctly dumping Yakuza title, in particular some files were missing in the \code folder.
Analyzing \code\launcher.rpl i see it was looking for Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl so i thought there was a problem in launcher.rpl becuase it crashed when ddd was loaded in memory while trying to load Orge1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl (those 2 files were not dumped by ddd).

Would have been handy to know you were also doing this apparently... happy it's all ended well. But, decompressing the launcher.rpl and finding the missing rpls, doing all that shite with the cpks. I could have saved myself some time. xD

Yakuza 2 works fwiw.

Last edited by Baphomet,

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fortunately Maschell provided the code to add a ddd function to force-dump specific game files (you need to know the correct path\name) and we was able to dump Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl.
Even with those 2 files the single titles were not loading: renaming Ogre1.rpl to launcher.rpl did the trick, Yakuza 1 was correctly launched (i think also renaming Ogre2.rpl into launcher.rpl will lauch Yakuza 2, i do not own the title, just received the \code and \meta folders).

This is the ddd "patched" code Maschell provided to add Ogre1.rpl and Ogre2.rpl dump while dumping the \code folder:
file: https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/blob/ca33ad1c759a0b67db33eedcf7fc4537198aad9c/src/discdumper.c#L398
Code:
if(strncasecmp(pPath, "/vol/code", strlen("/vol/code")) == 0)
{
unsigned int rpl_handle = 0;
OSDynLoad_Acquire("Ogre1.rpl", &rpl_handle);
unsigned int rpl_handle_2 = 0;
OSDynLoad_Acquire("Ogre2.rpl", &rpl_handle_2);
u8DumpingPaths = 1;
DumpCodeXmls(sendData);
DumpRpxRpl(sendData);

If you want (for other purposes) to dump other files (maybe for other problematic games) you need to specify them in the sources; Maschell said it is also possible to add a function to user-specifiy the specific filename to dump but this will require a bit more coding.
This is very interesting.
But couldn't you dump the Launcher.rpl with his code to get a good one?
Maybe this will make it work like intendet and without the need of having 2 seperate yakuza games on your Sd (one with ogre 1 named to launcher and one with ogre2)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is very interesting.
But couldn't you dump the Launcher.rpl with his code to get a good one?
Maybe this will make it work like intendet and without the need of having 2 seperate yakuza games on your Sd (one with ogre 1 named to launcher and one with ogre2)

Whats the Difference? It's a free game. 2 separate RPL's right now is no issue. I'm sure @dimok or @Maschell might have a look and if we're lucky: push an update to loadiine nightlies to address this. If they don't then the game takes up just the same amount of space, it just has 1 launcher for Y1 and 1 for Y2. No biggie ;)

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whats the Difference? It's a free game. 2 separate RPL's right now is no issue. I'm sure @dimok or @Maschell might have a look and if we're lucky: push an update to loadiine nightlies to address this. If they don't then the game takes up just the same amount of space, it just has 1 launcher for Y1 and 1 for Y2. No biggie ;)

Has nothing to do with the fact that its free, but if we can make things better I'd say lets push the Limits.

But 2 seperated would be nice too, we don't need to load the loader and wait for that.

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW it seems that at least some of the localization files for Yakuza 2 are in the CPK files, probably from the PS2 era (thanks @Baphomet for discovering this)

Anyone know and/or willing to help with this? I'm sure the community would love an English translation project

Last edited by Nuxx20,

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BTW it seems that at least some of the localization files for Yakuza 2 are in the CPK files, probably from the PS2 era (thanks @Baphomet for discovering this)

Anyone know and/or willing to help with this? I'm sure the community would love an English translation project

I was planning to take a look at this, I've got the PS2 files all extracted, but no copy of Yakuza 1&2 HD unfortunatly.

Baphomet

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
BTW it seems that at least some of the localization files for Yakuza 2 are in the CPK files, probably from the PS2 era (thanks Baphomet for discovering this)

If anything, I think, on closer inspection and considering what this game is... some of the junk files are PS3.

Anyway, as for these files... (which I'd kept quiet on because, uh... it's not "out there" yet).
The game appears to load the Japanese equivalents of these files. The "localised" versions are heavily incomplete when the folders are compared. It's pretty much a title screen, game over screen etc. Very basic and even if I got them to work correctly, it really isn't enough for me to make a whole new cpk and say it's a patch of some sort. I'd be lying. Some of these things are already sorta in English anyway. :)

The game also seems to check if you've fucked around with things. It can be REALLY precious about changes. You can make small changes to other files (spoilers: small modifications like making a model a different colour) and I'm sure some people will get a kick out of a certain folder... heh.

Side note to myself: Remember to document this next time, you'll forget stuff by the morning, idiot.
I was planning to take a look at this, I've got the PS2 files all extracted, but no copy of Yakuza 1&2 HD unfortunatly.

kCHm1eP.jpg

Going Dr. Frankenstein isn't going to work.

(Edit: ok, might be possible...backtrack-backtrack- ₍₍ ᕕ(´◓⌓◔)ᕗ⁾⁾)

@Nuxx20 wanted something done in a particular way. Now that I've figured it out, the wait should only be a day and a bit for that sort activity though.

Last edited by Baphomet,
Reactions: asper and Nuxx20

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Any news on this?? Im about to start the Yakuza games and I was looking for the best versions. I cant believe there is no english patch for this version on neither Wii U or Ps3

Baphomet

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Any news on this?? Im about to start the Yakuza games and I was looking for the best versions. I cant believe there is no english patch for this version on neither Wii U or Ps3

Sn0wcrack said he would try the whole file swap thing on a certain website and never reported back. I'm guessing it wasn't succesful. People have tried file swapping as far back as the PS2 games and the results have not been good. Some people also tried similar things for the PS3 versions and only got as far as having a couple videos hardsubbed in English (and that was kept private for some reason. or, the people who did it, just never told anyone?).

The Wii U version of Yakuza 2 contains some traces of localisation for Europe, I tried to get them to work but it was all stab-in-the-dark stuff. It could be possible it's just left over junk from the PS2 game, which there is also tons of. In all honesty, I never progressed past amateur-hour type of things when I messed around with files. The only thing I was able to repack were modified assets and sort of getting what appeared to be a debug option to work and then crash. I can't even remember how I did it because of stupidity. Repacking edited videos always resulted in a black-screen for me.

@asper has gotten real ninja at Wii U stuff lately and is the only other person I know to have poked around in the files, maybe he can throw a bit of information in your direction?

(Also of note is the scripts for these games are f*cking massive, it'd probably require a very dedicated team of people. It's not THAT surprising nobody has tbh).

Last edited by Baphomet,

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case this was not clear:

Here is what I did to get this title working in Loadiine: (I used Loadiine because I don't use CFW, so I could not install it to my menu as I use a US Wii U.)
Download from NUS or dump the disc with wudump (We don't have to use ddd because wudump is the better solution).

After it's dumped or downloaded, use cdecrypt, the common key, and the title key (either from a dumped ticket from the disc or an eshop purchase, or a fakesigned one) to decrypt the contents. Initially, I copied the contents to the SD card and tried to run the game in Loadiine. It loaded the main menu (code/Launcher.rpl) to pick between Yakuza 1 or 2. (code/Ogre1.rpl or code/Ogre2.rpl) Whenever I'd pick either or, the screen would just go black and sit there. What needs to be done is that they need to be split up into two separate game folders.

For Yakuza 1, copy the meta folder, content/Ogre1 folder and the code folder, but delete Launcher.rpl and Ogre2.rpl. Rename Ogre1.rpl to Launcher.rpl. Then copy this to your SD card and Loadiine will now run Yakuza 1.

For Yakuza 2, copy the meta folder, content/Ogre2 folder and the code folder, but delete Launcher.rpl and Ogre1.rpl. Rename Ogre2.rpl to Launcher.rpl. Then copy this to your SD card and Loadiine will now run Yakuza 2.

Both seem to play nicely in Loadiine without long loading times.

Last edited by emuman100,

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So even the retail disc fails to play on your console. (Not dumping/playing back up)

I requested this game over at THAT iso site weeks ago, and no one had it...
Can you tell me in PM the name of that site ?
Thanks if it's possible

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you tell me in PM the name of that site ?
Thanks if it's possible

A while ago I managed to create a working WUP/USB installer files for this game using the already dumped loadiine files.

However, looking at the WiiU Title Key site, it looks like the legit ticket for this game has been dumped, so if you have a working WiiU USB Helper app, you can download it yourself, if you don't there is a few alternative apps that you can use that does the same thing. If you don't have a working WiiU USB Helper app, do a google search there is a few good tutorials on how to get a patched version of WiiU USB Helper installed since the author has stopped and abandoned this app.

Reactions: KiiWii

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago I managed to create a working WUP/USB installer files for this game using the already dumped loadiine files.

You can only install this game on a Japanese WiiU if you don't use CFW because installing out of region games will brick.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can only install this game on a Japanese WiiU if you don't use CFW because installing out of region games will brick.

Repeating what @The Real Jdbye has already said, installing out of region games will never brick your WiiU, CFW is required to install and play the game, there are some stubborn games that require Spiik.
If you want to go one step further and your an advance user, when installing legit out of region games, you can edit the META.XML file and change the region code to your country and you don't need to boot to CFW to play these games.
May not work with all games, but the ones that I works, it's just one less step to do but it works.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mistake, the both of you are right. I don't know if editing meta.xml will work specifically with this title or not. Because there is no online mode, I just use Loadiine on my US WiiU. I don't use CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning