Dumped my own copy of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD but can't it to run...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Nuxx20, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    Hi guys,

Not sure this is the right place for this post, but anyway I decided to contribute to the community by ordering a copy of the japanese-only game Yakuza 1 & 2 HD and dumping it on my US Wii U 5.5.1

I used DDD and the dumping process seemed to be going smoothly. Process finished succesfully and the whole thing took 20 GB of space on my HDD.

I then tried to boot it in 3 different ways, but they all gave errors at the same point exactly, just after a few logo screens and when I see the title screen and have to choose between the two games, whenever I Choose one of them, it gives a short loading screen and then a different error:

1. Running it directly with DDD as part of the dumping process - no error code, just sends me back to the wii u home screen.

2. Loadiine 0.3 Mii Maker Mode - "there is a problem with the system memory" error

3. Loadiine 0.3 Smash Mode - "error reading from game disc"

Any ideas?

EDIT - SOLVED- THIS GAME IS NOW WORKING!

Last edited by Nuxx20, Aug 3, 2016
    lordelan likes this.

2. rbsk

rbsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
  3. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    check the folder structure if it has folders and or files with JP, rename to US where appropriate.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    I know it doesn't show up there, this is the very reason why I wanted to import it and contribute to the community in the first place

jpseek, TheKawaiiDesu, eco95 and 2 others like this.
  5. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps check through the files and rename jp to us or something the way you would for other out of region games?

Does the JAP game play from the disc on your US console?

Edit: ninjad: great minds :)

6. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    thanks

It does load through DDD as part of the dumping process, so I just ran it instead of dumping, and like i said it boots and gets to the title(s) screen but kicks me out after the loading screen

KiiWii likes this.
  7. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    So even the retail disc fails to play on your console. (Not dumping/playing back up)

I requested this game over at THAT iso site weeks ago, and no one had it...

8. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    It does fail at the same point but I am not sure what is the success rate of DDD as a region free game loader in the first place

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nothing with JP, the content folder only has Ogre1 and Ogre2 folders inside it with a few ogre prefix files but nothing with JP in there

KiiWii likes this.
  9. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Well as @Neouni and I said: try alter any JP related folders to US and try through loadiine.

@Nuxx20 can you post up the file structure for us please? Pics or copy/paste will do :)

Last edited by KiiWii, Jul 25, 2016
  10. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    The problem can also be somewhere in the RPL\ELF but let's not assume that and continue.

try opening a command prompt in the extracted contents of the wud (alt+shift+rightclick on empty space)
    and do:
    dir /b /s /ogn > folder.txt

and try to dump the listing here or on a pastebin if it's deemed too long

KiiWii likes this.
  11. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    Here goes:

/CODE: app.xml, cos.xml, launcher.rpl, OgreBoot.rpx
    /CONTENT/OGRE1: Ogre1_Debug.cpk, Ogre1_Media1.cpk, Ogre1_Media2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_1.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_3.cpk
    /CONTENT/OGRE2: Ogre2_Media1.cpk, Ogre2_Media2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3.cpk, Ogre2_Media5.cpk

/META & /SAVE aren't too important as I understood so didn't bother listing those (let me know if you need them though)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm on a Mac so any chance you know the equivalent command for my OS?

KiiWii likes this.
  12. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    ls -R > folder.txt

Just don't know all the nice formatting and sorting options.

13. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States

here's the other two folders just in case:

Attached Files:

• meta.txt
      File size:
      118 bytes
      Views:
    • save.txt
      File size:
      25 bytes
      Views:
  14. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I think @liomajor knows how to unpack CPK and repacking properly. I think that's what needs doing here, ogre 1 being yakuza 1 and ogre 2.... You know the rest.... :)

15. Nuxx20
    OP

Nuxx20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    It did seem strange and different than other games' folder structure! let's hope that is the issue. Although, again, it is strange that DDD wasn't able to handle it...

Last edited by Nuxx20, Jul 25, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  16. Neouni

Neouni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    KiiWii likes this.
  17. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    DDD is hacky apparently. Someone recently said that dumps from this fake XML files or something of the like.

The structure looks fine, it's just the packed CPKs that most likely contain the issues.

18. Baphomet

Baphomet Homebrew Justice Warriorâ„¢

Feb 12, 2016
    Jamaica
    To be honest it's exactly like the file structure for a few games, just not as explicity titled. I'm not sure what opening the .cpk files would actually achieve in getting it running. What Neouni has suggested... was used as a solution to speed up the loading times of a certain game? The OP just didn't wait out the slow loading from what I gathered.

Not outright dismissing the idea as stranger things have happened.

19. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    If the CPK files are used as containers for JP titled files.... Perhaps... Who knows?!

20. Baphomet

Baphomet Homebrew Justice Warriorâ„¢

Feb 12, 2016
    Jamaica
    In my experience if this were the case the game will outright fail to launch and just black screen or do a hideous buzzing noise and then freeze up. It most probably will have JP_blahblahblah files. However, and I'll admit it's the only game I recall using the .cpk format which is a Japanese game I successfully dumped.... so does Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that ran without issue.

KiiWii likes this.