Dual-screen handheld gaming PC AYANEO Flip DS "leaked"

aya flip.png

Handheld gaming device manufacturer AYANEO is further expanding its catalogue with creative options. After its first Android device, the Pocket Air, the company is making a Nintendo DS-like clamshell handheld PC with two screens, the AYANEO Flip DS. The news come from online outlet liliputing.com which shared the news and first images of the device that the company itself sent in an attempted planted leak. The company's CEO followed the announcement with a post of the images shared here on Weibo.

While details are limited, the report notes that the AYANEO Flip DS will feature a main 7" display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and an AMD Ryzen 7 7840U processor with Radeon 780M integrated graphics. In addition to serving as a virtual keyboard area, the second screen could actually be a use case for DS emulation, although AYANEO hasn't provided details about the second screen's potentials.

There will also be a AYANEO Flip KB model with the same design but with a physical keyboard instead of a second screen. A release date for these models hasn't been announced but AYANEO devices usually start with a crowdfunding campaign and we can expect one for the Flip models in the coming months/early next year.

aya flip 2.jpg

:arrow: SOURCE

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that top screen to bottom screen ratio is way too big. I also can't see those joysticks being remotely comfortable to use. They look like the circlepad, but worse.

SonicMan44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.... playing DS games?

If/when your DS/3DS eventually give out this sounds like a great replacement. hopefully the bottom screen functions closer to the DS bottom screen, where touching it with literally anything will enable an input. if it worked like a smartphone that would suck as it would make stylus use harder.
pfft, imagine wii games on that thing.

bonkabun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it has a resistive touch screen. I tried playing DS games on my phone and the touch screen is just not great for them. If you can't use your nail to tap things on the touch screen (instead of having to use your fingers or a stylus), what's the point?

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hope it has a resistive touch screen. I tried playing DS games on my phone and the touch screen is just not great for them. If you can't use your nail to tap things on the touch screen (instead of having to use your fingers or a stylus), what's the point?
imo, it needs to be capacitive. resisitive screens feel cheap, and scratch easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto