Hacking DSTwo Supercard: the safest choice?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually they do care - they do take efforts to prosecute copyright violators. They closed down around 20 "Apple" stores in one year for that very reason.
Of course, this says nothing about the hundreds or thousands of other "Apple" stores left in the country. Or any of the other areas in which China famously mass produces ripoff products.
As far as I've seen, the only time they care is when other countries will have the spotlight on them, like during the Olympics. They don't want the bad rep, but as you stated they keep on producing this crap anyways because it's a source of income.

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically, the only cares I must have so that my cart doesn't brick are:

- Always update my cart before updating my 3DS firmware;
- Never turn my DS/DS Lite/DSi off in the middle of an update;
- Never updating my cart on a 3DS with the latest firmware version.

Is there anything else?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Numbers 1 and 2 are right, but number 3 is sort of halfway depending on what you mean. Carts other than the DSTwo can't be updated on a 3DS with a firmware later than they support (since they can't run in order to update), but the DSTwo can with it's special method, but yeah it's got a higher brick chance since there's no progress bar, so always do number 1 and update the cart before the 3DS so you never have to use the secondary update function.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they do care - they do take efforts to prosecute copyright violators. They closed down around 20 "Apple" stores in one year for that very reason.
Of course, this says nothing about the hundreds or thousands of other "Apple" stores left in the country. Or any of the other areas in which China famously mass produces ripoff products.

The Chinese government only does enough to keep up appearances, that's it

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I finally got my Supercard DSTWO.

So, I was reading this topic (http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/) and it says "Firmware 1.19 - works on 3DS's on v4.5.0-10 and prior".

Does it mean that firmware 1.19 was created to make the cart work on 4.5.0 (meaning I really need a DS or a not updated 3DS), or that I can update firmware 1.19 on a 4.5.0? My hands are kinda tied because I don't have access to a DS right now, so I'd like some help...

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I finally got my Supercard DSTWO.

So, I was reading this topic (http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/) and it says "Firmware 1.19 - works on 3DS's on v4.5.0-10 and prior".

Does it mean that firmware 1.19 was created to make the cart work on 4.5.0 (meaning I really need a DS or a not updated 3DS), or that I can update firmware 1.19 on a 4.5.0? My hands are kinda tied because I don't have access to a DS right now, so I'd like some help...

It means that firmware 1.19 was created to make it work on 4.5.0.
But since you have a DSTwo, you can use method b to update your DSTwo. I believe you put "b" before the ".dat" in the update file and leave the cart in the system at the error screen for a while. There might be something else to it, so dont take my word for it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?