Hacking DSTT menu on SCDS1 SDHC

portman0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
khan said:
Ok, this is what you need to do:

Click here to download DSTT hacked menu.

All you need from that zip file when extracted is TTMENU.NDS, you can get rid of any thing else. Rename TTMENU.NDS to MSFORSC.NDS.

Next, download any DSTT version, I currently have 1.0.9 (latest, released yesterday) and extract TTMENU directory/folder on the root of you microSD/HC along with it, you should also get TTMENU.DAT.

That should make your Supercard run TTMENU, and trust me it works MUCH better and I have not had a single freeze since moving to TTMENU using the same 8GB MicroSDHC card.

Hope it works and instructions were clear enough.

Thanks for the info khan! It works perfectly, and the TTMENU is so much faster, and the games are faster too. On the same 4gb Transcend SDHC class 6 MicroSD card I get much faster results on cf_bench when using TTMENU to load it. Also, the intro in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow runs perfectly smoothly with no skips, I used to get a few skips when I was loading it with the Supercard shell. The TTMENU must have better, or more optimised card access software than the Supercard.

The only thing I would like to see improved is that I want the same save files to be read by both menus. The save files are in the same format, but the two shells use different naming conventions so they can't see each others' saves.

Otherwise it's perfect! I highly recommend it to any Supercard owner!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Makes me proud to own an SCDS1.
Although I am a bit confused, the title of this thread says its for the SCDS1 HC.
Is this compatible on a regular SCDS1?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The only thing I would like to see improved is that I want the same save files to be read by both menus. The save files are in the same format, but the two shells use different naming conventions so they can't see each others' saves.

just rename the supercard saves to the same as the rom & they can be read by all 3 loaders

portman0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
helpme said:
QUOTE said:

just rename the supercard saves to the same as the rom & they can be read by all 3 loaders

Have you tried that? Because I tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have a SCDS1 SDHC.

portman0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
helpme said:
works for me........

I got it working, the trick is to make sure that the 8.3 filename of the save file matches the supercard's save file filename. If you type "dir /X" at a command prompt you can see what the 8.3 filename is.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any custom skins for the DSTT, because I hate the plain purple looking color.... Also, I really don't see too much of speed improvement.

NVM, I found it...
blink.gif

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
^Awesome^

What I love best about this is that you can use the standard 1 file cheat system of the DSTT, or the more manual but very advanced real time system of the SCDS1... the best of both worlds!!!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the DSTT, you can go back and forth between TTMenu and YSMenu by making copies of the TTMENU.DAT file from each one and naming them TTMenu.nds and YSMenu.nds. Running one from the other will switch menus. I don't know if you can do the same thing with the SCDS1 menu or not.

-Bri

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just put the DSTT menu just yesterday, and I like it quite a bit. Unfortunately, since I don't want to transfer save files, there's only 1 game that I play on my DSTT....

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh man, this triple loader thing is driving me insane. I always followed the R4, and since i sold it, i tried looking into the SCDs1 sdhc..but since im new to it, i do not understand a single thing going on.

I think i found instructions on setting up the three loaders together, if not, for sure i found instructions on setting up TWO at a time, instead of three.

However, i cannot find where to download the latest YS Menu. DSTT and SCDS1 SDHC i found easily in the downloads section.

For now, what i really want is to get the three on there, i dont even know what button commands to press to load each one.
frown.gif
i feel soo left out, lol.

any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. If all information was posted, would somebody be so kind as to point me to all of them..searching for YSMENU gives me nothing important.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la