Status
Not open for further replies.

darksamusmp3c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been holding back my opinion for a while now, I figure I should just go ahead and say it before someone else says the same thing but in a harsher way. Having said that, I will try not to be too harsh.
smile.gif

If you two (especially you Heero) honestly want to tackle DSOrganize, then you need to do some things first before you two try to actually start fixing stuff.

First thing is try to find some way to get your hands on the source for DSOrganize version 3.1129 . I know it is not on Dragonminded's site anymore, but I'm sure someone can help you get a copy of that version's source. I can't stress enough that you need to start with 3.1129. It is the most recent STABLE version. Version 3.2 still has some nasty bugs in it, and it would be pointless to try to figure out what is messing up if you have never seen the code when it was NOT messing up. Version 3.2 was only released because Dragonminded's work-in-progress 3.2 got "leaked." The version 3.2 that Dragonminded put on his site to download is (as far as I know) that same work-in-progress one. So please, work with 3.1129, because it actually works fine.

Second, do not try to start fixing stuff until you can figure out how to get DSOrganize to properly compile and work fine. If you try to fix stuff before you can get DSOrganize to compile correctly, then what you think you are fixing might screw the whole thing up.

Thirdly, only use DSOrganize version 3.2 to find out the differences between 3.1129 (the version that is stable) and 3.2 (the unstable version). Start out by looking at the code that works in 3.1129, then look at the code that tries to do the same thing in 3.2. By comparing the code in each version, you can at least get a start on figuring out what is wrong in the 3.2 code by seeing how it worked in 3.1129. This won't help on everything, and probably won't help regarding the new features in 3.2, but at least it might get you off to a good start. The idea is to learn more about how DSOrganize works, so you can figure how to add features or fix bugs without screwing it all up.

Well I hope I my little rant does some good. I am no programmer, but I do know a thing or two about programming. I wish you two the best of progress if you are serious about fixing DSOganize.

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I send you the link, the file is to big for my DSL.^^
you become Libnds by Devkitpro the 4 2007 release would be work.
lol: everyone use PeaZip. 10,1 MB was compressed to 781 KB

Downloadlink for everyone: Not avaible

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
darksamusmp3c said:
Well, I have been holding back my opinion for a while now, I figure I should just go ahead and say it before someone else says the same thing but in a harsher wa....Well I hope I my little rant does some good. I am no programmer, but I do know a thing or two about programming. I wish you two the best of progress if you are serious about fixing DSOganize.
WooW! Peoplz need to Listen to this FoO!
hate2.gif

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nitrodude150 said:
WooW! Peoplz need to Listen to this FoO!
hate2.gif

*laughs uncontrollably* the "foo" in his text in combination with his avatar is just too funny. I think I know at least one thing about you now
wink.gif

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
short update.

like i said in a earlier post.. i replaced the FAT that was used in dso. reason for that is, that the file system was getting corrupt
and with the file copy/rename/delete ect you could end up with nasty problems. (had to find that out myself)
for ex. do a CUT and forget to paste it..... sorry... your file is gone... that's just one of the issues.

so needless to say that a few small bugs needed to be fixed. (this was also in 3.1.2119)
but i will look at the code from 3.1.2119 to see what got all changed. i know for CycloDS 2119 version is recommended.. instead of 3.2

since i have a normal day job, i cant work on it 24/7, all i can say, be patient and see what happens.
Heeroo's statement "coming soon" was something he made, and not me, since i jumped in and created my own version , as of 2 weeks ago.

1 question though.. the IRC part... is anyone using it? since its not connected to dragonmind anymore.

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well I use it sometimes. But not really frequently. Actually only if I have to monitor some stuff while I work something else at the pc.
But I can do without it if it makes problems.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nkassad said:
Sarvesh50 said:
nkassad said:
Shadz said:
DSOrganize has a web-browser in it doesnt it?

yes but dont bother with it. The DS has way too less memory to use it properly.

Dont say that look at bunjaloo that doesnt crash like all other web browsers so just use bunjaloo

With images???
Jes images works in the last version
smile.gif

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sarvesh50 said:
nkassad said:
Sarvesh50 said:
nkassad said:
Shadz said:
DSOrganize has a web-browser in it doesnt it?

yes but dont bother with it. The DS has way too less memory to use it properly.

Dont say that look at bunjaloo that doesnt crash like all other web browsers so just use bunjaloo

With images???
Jes images works in the last version
smile.gif

Wow! But it needs the ram extension, right? If not I will look for this browser at once!

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:
nkassad 'Nov 18 2008, 08:18 AM
Wow! But it needs the ram extension, right? If not I will look for this browser at once!

Nope, you don't need RAM expansion for DSO, or Bunjaloo
smile.gif

I know about DSO.
I witnessed the rise and fall of dragonminded
wink.gif

But this Bunjaloo sounds interesting. I will try it asap!

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pka i have uplaoded it...

nkassad and Sarvesh can you two make alist of the bugs in this posts? when not i can do also alone^^

Arwym

Trophies
Website
arwym.com
XP
Country
This is for real?
ohmy.gif

If so, then I have bugs to report. Well... in case they haven't been reported yet, which may be possible:
First, I never got the web browser to work for me (CycloDS user), that's one. All I would get was some strange text that had nothing to do with the web pages that supposedly had been loaded. Second, sometimes the touch screen will stop responding when I am trying to use it in the file browser to edit a file or rename it. The A and B buttons work fine, though. And finally, and the most annoying one: files that I download from the homebrew databases don't stay after I reboot the system. They get deleted.
frown.gif
I don't know why that happens. There are other bugs, but I'm pretty sure they've been reported already.

This makes me very happy. I hope to see a new version soon. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well Charlie Sheen has tiger blood....