Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
pka4916 said:
short update.

like i said in a earlier post.. i replaced the FAT that was used in dso. reason for that is, that the file system was getting corrupt
and with the file copy/rename/delete ect you could end up with nasty problems. (had to find that out myself)
for ex. do a CUT and forget to paste it..... sorry... your file is gone... that's just one of the issues.

so needless to say that a few small bugs needed to be fixed. (this was also in 3.1.2119)
but i will look at the code from 3.1.2119 to see what got all changed. i know for CycloDS 2119 version is recommended.. instead of 3.2

since i have a normal day job, i cant work on it 24/7, all i can say, be patient and see what happens.
Heeroo's statement "coming soon" was something he made, and not me, since i jumped in and created my own version , as of 2 weeks ago.

1 question though.. the IRC part... is anyone using it? since its not connected to dragonmind anymore.
I am very interested in seeing the FAT bugs gone once and for all. I had corruptions of my own and any bugs at filesystem level are just unacceptable.

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heeroo said:
pka i have uplaoded it...

nkassad and Sarvesh can you two make alist of the bugs in this posts? when not i can do also alone^^

Uploaded where? In the download category I assume, right?

But this time I must let you down on this one.
I have very little time right now. I'm facing a bunch of very important exams the next weeks and so I have no time to properly test this release and look for bugs.
Sry, but I will try to help in future when I got time again.

Dark Reality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool, I'm glad somebody has what it takes to update DSO.

The bug I ran into all the time was, in the text editor, it would randomly quit. I'd say 3 out of 10 times it would save your work as well, which was cool, but the other 7 times... well, it wouldn't save, and it always seemed to be right after writing 2 paragraphs. There was no set way to trigger the bug, either. It would trigger on large files and it would trigger on very small files. Sometimes you could go 20 minutes without it happening, sometimes it would happen every 30 seconds.

//edit: There's another bug where, randomly, it won't open images. A larger (dimensions, or filesize) image of the same file type can be loaded, but randomly, you have an image that won't load. And sometimes it'll load if you tell it again, but you never know.

How to fix it...? I have NO idea. I would suggest an autosave feature. Every X seconds it saves the file. Or maybe a button could be bound to save the file without exiting. Type a few words, save. You know. Like a patch. But it would be great if the problem were solved.

As for contacting DragonMinded, not sure if you guys figured it out but he's something of a recluse. Look on his site for contact information. Anyone seen Gone in 60 Seconds, where the guy told the story about how Shawn Fanning stole Napster's code from him? I think DragonMinded stole the code from somebody, and that's why he gets all ticked off if you suggest a radical new feature like video playback. The guy's a hack, he can't do squat, so rather than say it's outside the scope of his abilities or ask for help, he just shuts down and goes on the offensive. I know it's a pretty crazy theory (and a real mean thing to suggest) but it does support the facts, those I know anyway.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man that was a time back i was here ow and heeroo sure i'll make a list
wink.gif

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ow and about the fat problem cant it be that it auto rename my roms i had a rom named like this

like to own you.nds
as example ...
But the next time after i did use dso
it was named like to~.nds
Or was that something else?

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dragon minded real name is shaun taylor i think if u press start in dso you know the start button you can read progammed by shaun taylor so we got a name now.

nkassad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sarvesh50 said:
Dragon minded real name is shaun taylor i think if u press start in dso you know the start button you can read progammed by shaun taylor so we got a name now.

That never was a secret
wink.gif

(Its on his website too for example)

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? i don't answer anymore?

I'm still working on it, and never said that i had quit.

the code Heero uploaded, i already had. Maybe Heero can sent me the full DSO version, so i can take a look to what he did.

in the meantime i'm still working on my version.
like i said in a previous post, is that i have a normal day job. DSO latest one is working so at least you have something to work with.
once i'm done with my version, then i will post it here.
I don't want to post a buggy version. so for now, when it's done.. it's done.
not to be negative, but there so many bugs in it right now, i think that most needs to be fixed first and then add all the new features.
don't want to make things worse... right?

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarvesh50 said:
Ow and about the fat problem cant it be that it auto rename my roms i had a rom named like this

like to own you.nds
as example ...
But the next time after i did use dso
it was named like to~.nds
Or was that something else?

I know what your talking about. it was doing it randomly to roms in that folder.
this is fixed now, since i replaced the FAT
smile.gif

it was loosing the Long filename and put it as a old DOS format 8+3 chars. instead of the new format

Told ya, i was working on it
smile.gif

Things that are fixed regarding the FAT replacement are

1. the ~1 filename change
2. copy / paste
3. deleting filels
4. File deleted after you do a CUT and don't Paste it elsewhere
5. Time/Date stamps
6. FAT Corruption

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, i know it also. but my nds has no problems with the ~. the data was read in the right name. because dso has renamed my cycloDS folder to cycl~ and it works^^

And sorry pka. I have think you make nothing more because you answered not.(oh sry bad english)^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: