Hacking DSi XL with AceKard 2i FW AKAIO v1.7.1 crashing

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an Acekard 2i, with FW AKAIO 1.7.1 on. I actually have 2 Acekards with same on for 2 DSi XLs. They work fine iin general

However, 1 DSi XL seems to crash a lot mid game, on various games. Now I dont know a lot about all this stuff so can someone tell me whats going on? is it a bad AceKard, DSi XL? SD card etc please? what can cause this? You restart the game and it loads and plays fine, just crashes/freezes mid game

cheers

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSi XL seems to have a marginally looser slot than the other DS systems, and the Acekard 2i doesn't like it.
Try sliding a piece of paper under the Acekard contacts like this, and it might help secure it in the card slot.

GSb9G.png

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah thanks for that, is this a normal cause of this? eg the crashing/white screen sometimes?

only thing against it though is that, without touching the Acekard or slot, it switches off, resets and loads again fine though?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're better off reading the contact section of my Acekard guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

If it's loose in the slot, try the 3rd paper trick. It works well on the DSi XL where the other 2 paper tricks don't so much.

IMG_3733.gif

More commonly on the DSi XL, pulling the cart out slightly is known to work

IMG_3737.gif

The Contact issue is often the cause, normally if it is a contact issue there will be occasions where the Acekard doesn't appear in the DS menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ