DSi XL with AceKard 2i FW AKAIO v1.7.1 crashing

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MrMrMr, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010
  1. MrMrMr
    OP

Newcomer MrMrMr Member

United States
    Hi I have an Acekard 2i, with FW AKAIO 1.7.1 on. I actually have 2 Acekards with same on for 2 DSi XLs. They work fine iin general

However, 1 DSi XL seems to crash a lot mid game, on various games. Now I dont know a lot about all this stuff so can someone tell me whats going on? is it a bad AceKard, DSi XL? SD card etc please? what can cause this? You restart the game and it loads and plays fine, just crashes/freezes mid game

cheers

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The DSi XL seems to have a marginally looser slot than the other DS systems, and the Acekard 2i doesn't like it.
    Try sliding a piece of paper under the Acekard contacts like this, and it might help secure it in the card slot.

[​IMG]

3. MrMrMr
    OP

Newcomer MrMrMr Member

United States
    Ah thanks for that, is this a normal cause of this? eg the crashing/white screen sometimes?

only thing against it though is that, without touching the Acekard or slot, it switches off, resets and loads again fine though?

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You're better off reading the contact section of my Acekard guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

If it's loose in the slot, try the 3rd paper trick. It works well on the DSi XL where the other 2 paper tricks don't so much.

[​IMG]

More commonly on the DSi XL, pulling the cart out slightly is known to work

[​IMG]

The Contact issue is often the cause, normally if it is a contact issue there will be occasions where the Acekard doesn't appear in the DS menu.

5. captain codpiece

Newcomer captain codpiece Newbie

United Kingdom
    i have a dsixl and thankfully tk_saturns paper trick works like a charm [​IMG]

im only needing to do the paper in the slot not under the contacts.