DSi XL with AceKard 2i FW AKAIO v1.7.1 crashing

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MrMrMr, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Hi I have an Acekard 2i, with FW AKAIO 1.7.1 on. I actually have 2 Acekards with same on for 2 DSi XLs. They work fine iin general

However, 1 DSi XL seems to crash a lot mid game, on various games. Now I dont know a lot about all this stuff so can someone tell me whats going on? is it a bad AceKard, DSi XL? SD card etc please? what can cause this? You restart the game and it loads and plays fine, just crashes/freezes mid game

cheers

2. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    The DSi XL seems to have a marginally looser slot than the other DS systems, and the Acekard 2i doesn't like it.
    Try sliding a piece of paper under the Acekard contacts like this, and it might help secure it in the card slot.

[​IMG]

3. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Ah thanks for that, is this a normal cause of this? eg the crashing/white screen sometimes?

only thing against it though is that, without touching the Acekard or slot, it switches off, resets and loads again fine though?

4. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    You're better off reading the contact section of my Acekard guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

If it's loose in the slot, try the 3rd paper trick. It works well on the DSi XL where the other 2 paper tricks don't so much.

[​IMG]

More commonly on the DSi XL, pulling the cart out slightly is known to work

[​IMG]

The Contact issue is often the cause, normally if it is a contact issue there will be occasions where the Acekard doesn't appear in the DS menu.

5. captain codpiece

captain codpiece Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2010
    i have a dsixl and thankfully tk_saturns paper trick works like a charm [​IMG]

im only needing to do the paper in the slot not under the contacts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice