Gaming DSi XL Reset Time & Date?!

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I hope I posted in the correct forums. Anyways, I noticed that my DSi XL resetted the time and date twice on its own when I shut off the device.

This only start happening after I updated my Acekard 2i to the latest firware. The first I couldn't remember how it happened I snapped a couple of photos on my DSi XL (for fun), tried to upload it to FB via the DSi XL and couldn't find the picture, only after a bit of searching I realized the photos which I took JUST NOW (back then) was taken in year 2000 on January 1st @ 00:00.. >.< I ignored it at first.

The second time it happened was when I was playing Chrono Trigger on my Acekard 2i after I saved my game I shut down the DSi XL, I didn't reset the device nor did I do the Acekard soft reset (L + R + A + B + D-PAD DOWN), just shut it off, the next morning the same thing happened: year 2000 on January 1st @ 00:00.

Anyone knows what is up?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the internal battery is going dead or losing connection.
http://www.helium.com/items/806743-tips-for-knowing-when-the-cmos-battery-is-getting-weak
As you can guess from the article, this is generally a problem seen with old computers and not game systems...

It'll have to be disassembled to have the battery/contacts checked/replaced. See if it's still under warranty.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/trouble.jsp

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
My XL is over 2 years so I doubt there's any warranty left, I guess I will go for the easiest one first that would be replacing the battery. I will try to see if that will solve the problem....... I think that's along the way I will just check for the connecting and replace the battery but I will use it for a while longer to see if it re-occurs again or not.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night