DSi XL Reset Time & Date?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by defunct32, May 24, 2012.

1. defunct32
    OP

defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Senegal
    Asia
    I hope I posted in the correct forums. Anyways, I noticed that my DSi XL resetted the time and date twice on its own when I shut off the device.

This only start happening after I updated my Acekard 2i to the latest firware. The first I couldn't remember how it happened I snapped a couple of photos on my DSi XL (for fun), tried to upload it to FB via the DSi XL and couldn't find the picture, only after a bit of searching I realized the photos which I took JUST NOW (back then) was taken in year 2000 on January 1st @ 00:00.. >.< I ignored it at first.

The second time it happened was when I was playing Chrono Trigger on my Acekard 2i after I saved my game I shut down the DSi XL, I didn't reset the device nor did I do the Acekard soft reset (L + R + A + B + D-PAD DOWN), just shut it off, the next morning the same thing happened: year 2000 on January 1st @ 00:00.

Anyone knows what is up?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Sounds like the internal battery is going dead or losing connection.
    http://www.helium.com/items/806743-tips-for-knowing-when-the-cmos-battery-is-getting-weak
    As you can guess from the article, this is generally a problem seen with old computers and not game systems...

It'll have to be disassembled to have the battery/contacts checked/replaced. See if it's still under warranty.
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/trouble.jsp

3. defunct32
    OP

defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Senegal
    Asia
    My XL is over 2 years so I doubt there's any warranty left, I guess I will go for the easiest one first that would be replacing the battery. I will try to see if that will solve the problem....... I think that's along the way I will just check for the connecting and replace the battery but I will use it for a while longer to see if it re-occurs again or not.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice