Nintendo DSi showing impossible date and time + error code when launch software

HDN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Hope someone can help with this.

So recently my DSi has been acting up. I took it to Costa Rica and the place we stayed in was super humid and had 0
AC, and that’s where the problem started. My DSi went from working to the typical “An error has occurred” thing showing up whenever I tried to launch a game. Plus, the internal clock would never move past whatever time it was stuck at. I left that hotel and went to another one that was much better, and after about 3 days it started working again (presumably it dried out). After that it was fine for about a month before it started glitching again, only this time it was permanent. It also started showing the date and month as 00/00, which if it was just a battery issue would’ve defaulted to 01/01. It also won’t launch any games.

I know the WiFi card is a common issue for dsi units and that it causes the same “game crashing” effect when it fails. But does a bad WiFi card explain the clock being so weird? If I replaced the card would the system start working again? I’d buy a card but I want to make sure that’s what the problem is before I get one since I’m a broke college student.

Thanks.

57FAC185-A4B4-4DED-BC6D-2AF896C76341.jpeg

01201E09-EA53-4501-BB8A-E6C23288EA4B.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste