Gaming DSi owners get a slap in the face with Band Hero DS

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why DSi owners get a slap in the face -.-. I'm sure most of us who got one already had in mind that these kind of games won't be supported.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol that drum thing is just a skin anyways. I mean it isn't really a piece of hardware. So obviously when it will come out, if you run the game on a DSi and it will say something like "You cannot play this game on this system.", then people will come up with a cheat code to bypass this and we will be able to play this with the normal buttons without any crappy skins.

But i don't think anyone will want to play this either way :/

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
Lol that drum thing is just a skin anyways. I mean it isn't really a piece of hardware. So obviously when it will come out, if you run the game on a DSi and it will say something like "You cannot play this game on this system.", then people will come up with a cheat code to bypass this and we will be able to play this with the normal buttons without any crappy skins.

But i don't think anyone will want to play this either way :/
they should come out with DS hero already, and utilize the touch screen. no need for extra hardware xD

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care for music based games at all ..... might try some someday. Guitar Hero and Rock Band I don't care for and you know what I don't care for this either. Ever since the ds lite came out ds phat users (if there was a expansion thing w.e) get the shaft on perephials. (sp?) Go ds phat and dsi.
smile.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Bleedingelite said:
DSi owners got a slap in the face when they paid $180 for a DSi.

I wholeheartedly agree. Paying $180 for a device with downloadable content like every other console out there from the iPhone to the PS3, a device that can play music and surf the internet without external devices... Yeah, total rip-off. I mean, who wants a console without backwards compatibility? A console isn't worth it if it can't play last gen's games too, eh? S'not like the DS has anything worth playing, after all.

B

ball2012003

Wintrale said:
Bleedingelite said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Paying $180 for a device with downloadable content like every other console out there from the iPhone to the PS3, a device that can play music and surf the internet without external devices... Yeah, total rip-off. I mean, who wants a console without backwards compatibility? A console isn't worth it if it can't play last gen's games too, eh? S'not like the DS has anything worth playing, after all.
dont be jealous you cant afford one

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if I have all three DS systems? Do I get two slaps in the face?

Anyways, The game.. seems to be bad. The GH games on DS gets lamer and lamer

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ball2012003 said:
Wintrale said:
Bleedingelite said:

dont be jealous you cant afford one

+1 (not about not being able to afford one, but being jealous)

Plus the DSlite doesn't have downloadable content, a camera and more RAM. So yeah, whatever crappy DSLite only game comes out next, i don't think DSi owners will ever get a slap in the face by those.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
So you're saying, they got slapped in the face when they bought a DS with more features than DSLite? You have a weird logic.
I wouldnt call losing the gba slot a pro...

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything on my dslite is downloadable content. I paid 99 bucks for it 2 years ago and that's pretty much it. I just think it's funny that people spent 180 bucks on the same system with some added cameras that doesn't let them play gba games and which has yet to release any exclusive downloadable content that's worth mentioning. I guess you just gotta catch em all, or something. I bet you guys bought wiis too.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
*shakes head*

For clarification, I actually own a Black UK DSi and a Metallic Blue Japanese one. I also own 7 DS Lites and an original fat DS. I'm neither jealous or can I not afford one. The post was supposed to be sarcastic in tone, but I guess the pair of you missed that. Honestly would've thought that, with all the DSi defending I've been doing here, people would've figured I actually owned at least one of them. Geeze...

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Private|Parts said:
UniqueGeek said:
Why would anyone in their right minds do that?
They are requiring that you must have an out-dated piece of hardware to use their product!

Sounds like the talk of someone with a DSi to me.
tongue.gif

I, like most people, didn't see the need to upgrade to the DSi. I would never get a GH on a Handheld anyway (Honestly, it's stupid. Go play a real system.) but it seems like the people who upgraded are missing out.
Better yet, go learn a real guitar like me, I was playing for 5 years before I started playing Guitar Hero and honestly real guitar is far more fun on your own, Rock Band is fun in a group though but it's boring alone.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
Fabis94 said:
So you're saying, they got slapped in the face when they bought a DS with more features than DSLite? You have a weird logic.
I wouldnt call losing the gba slot a pro...

Lol most of the buyers don't even play GBA anymore. I've only played GBA once on my DSLite and that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2