Status
Not open for further replies.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
hmmm, maybe some one could take two pictures (or more, doesn't matter), one of say a black page of paper, another of a white page, so they'd be completely different images, then open them in a hex editor and see what bits are the SAME. Then take that bit and put it in another image and see if that works. but if what the guy above ^^ suggests is true, that won't work either. but worth a try I think

I've tried it, doesn't work, though it's possible that I might have just done it wrong

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think nintendo will leave their DSi vulnerable to Paint. Paint is evil so nintendo made sure the DSi was anti-paint.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DsHacker14 said:
So since the making of this thread we could say that basically nothing has been accomplished? Come on whoever is the creator of this thread keep us updated more- that is if there is any updates :\
Nothing has happened and the posted attempts are laughable.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
no i doubt you did it wrong, it probably wouldnt work. just an idea. never mind.

I wouldn't be to sure, it's not like I'm an expert hex editor, I bet that if someone who's had a lot of experience with hex editing could probably find a way to copy the header onto another picture

QUOTE(DsHacker14 @ Jun 17 2009, 01:58 PM) So since the making of this thread we could say that basically nothing has been accomplished? Come on whoever is the creator of this thread keep us updated more- that is if there is any updates :\

The maker of this thread hasn't posted in over 30 pages, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't care any more, really, as users, all that we can do is wait

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was a fun read. A few months after this comes out, I'll consider getting a DSI.

good luck guys!

(why not open dsiware games in notepad? Im sure you'll find something!)

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Well.. Google found this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overrun
But i guess its just some sorta spam?
rolleyes.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
If this hack is somewhat similar to what Nokia is doing, then we need a "certificate" maker for each DSi owners to have so they can install DSi games. Note that one person is providing a certificate for each nokia who submitted their IMEI numbers so they can install the S60 hacks and install pirated games and softwares. I think that's all we need. Not sure though but I just noticed this now.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Livin in a box said:
In relation to the DSi pictures...

I opened a picture up in Paint, didn't save and closed it, but it wasn't recognised by the DSi.
I'm guessing your OS thought you'd like an auto-save (or DSi has some kind of date/time encryption) ... other then that, "the key" should be hardcoded ... if not: it would render old stuff useless when changed. Iaw: it should be the same on every DS, though they could have mixed the MAC-adress in it, but then again .. the server is unlikely to know it when encrypting/server is unlikely to encrypt data on every download.

totterfree

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have only been able to copy a dsi made picture, and corrupt a dsi picture, but i have not been able to edit a picture without it being corrupted. to copy a picture i put in the SD card clicked and dragged the picture i wanted to copy onto my desktop, renamed it to the same name as another picture to overwrite, deleted the intended "overwritee" and draged the copied picture back onto the desktop. the dsi will read the picture just fine but this doesn't really help much... when i corrupted a picture I dragged the picture i wanted to my desktop, opened it in paint, did whatever, deleted the origonal off the SD card, and placed the copy in its place. The dsi shows a question mark were the picture should be, and displays the message "cannot display image." not sure if any of this helped but it could point to how the dsi keeps track of which pictures are its, and which ones are not... and now i will proceed to....
hate2.gif

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, I've already tried this stuff, not as easy as it sounds.
Best homebrewish thing I've ended up doing was changing the date of a picture by moving it from the second DSi pic folder to the first, it didn't work the second time I tried it though.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
RiderLeangle said:
Trust me, I've already tried this stuff, not as easy as it sounds.
Best homebrewish thing I've ended up doing was changing the date of a picture by moving it from the second DSi pic folder to the first, it didn't work the second time I tried it though.
How did you do that?

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
I had enough pics on my SD card that it split into two folders, I deleted alot of the useless pics, and then moved the one pic to the first folder.
It was a complete accident changing the date though XD

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. Well, I have no idea how or where to start with hex editing, so that's a no go for me anyway.

But if I uploaded a picture from my DSi to here...Would you be able to look at it on your DSi?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
could someone upload a couple of pictures for me to look at please? just a couple of plain pictures, like of pieces of paper of different colours. thanks

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, i downloaded a DSi picture from DSiBrew.org, and then opened it in paint and saved with a different name. I then used a hex editor which can compare files to compare the two files. What I found is that, apart from about a line and a half at the start and about a dozen random values, it was completely different. What's more, the version I had saved in Paint was missing a large section at the end which was present in the DSi one. I'm not sure what this means, but maybe that's what we need to be able to put pictures on? that bit at the end? although the fact that almost every value in the file was different suggests that the DSi saves them differently or something. I'd look into it more and experiment, but I don't have a DSi, so can't really experiment much. Maybe if I get a DSi I'll be able to do something, but probably not, and I won't be buying a DSi, so the only options are winning one or someone deciding to give me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice