Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick bug fixes.
I managed to make a couple of new firmware packs for M3 sakura, M3 Triple loader and R4DS Ultra and they installed nicely.
I am just wondering if I can add any other homebrew packs in a similar way?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does the language/country sort work in the library?

genre seems to work fine, but if I specify English, or USA (or both) it still pops up Japanese exclusives

EDIT: let me rephrase that

if genre is selected, then language/country don't seem to apply to the sort

it's almost like your sort is an OR, rather than an AND

(ie if I select USA & English, it returns all USA games, and all the EUR games that have english. or if I select RPG and English it returns all RPGS, regardless of language on the cart. )

imo, you should be using an AND rather than using OR

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Steevsee said:
I managed to make a couple of new firmware packs for M3 sakura, M3 Triple loader and R4DS Ultra and they installed nicely.

Yep, all homebrew is created pretty much the same way. Here's a post with the util I use for creating the packs.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106...t&p=1939472

Any chance I could get you to upload the packs you make so I can grab them and add them to the download centre?
smile.gif

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Steevsee said:

Yep, all homebrew is created pretty much the same way. Here's a post with the util I use for creating the packs.

Any chance I could get you to upload the packs you make so I can grab them and add them to the download centre?
smile.gif

Thanks for the link. (Sorry I missed it when reading over the thread.)
I have had a play around and managed to do my first homebrew pack - One of my favourite HB Apps - Colors!

Uploading the packs is the least I could do, but have to admit that I'm not too sure how to actually do it.
Do I just use one of the file hosting sites? Which is best/easiest?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Steevsee said:
TrolleyDave said:
Steevsee said:

smile.gif

Thanks for the link. (Sorry I missed it when reading over the thread.)
I have had a play around and managed to do my first homebrew pack - One of my favourite HB Apps - Colors!

Uploading the packs is the least I could do, but have to admit that I'm not too sure how to actually do it.
Do I just use one of the file hosting sites? Which is best/easiest?

Cheers mate, I really appreciate it!
grog.gif
I usually just use FileFactory for quick small uploads, you don't need a premium account or anything and it's pretty straight forward.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
grog.gif
I usually just use FileFactory for quick small uploads, you don't need a premium account or anything and it's pretty straight forward.

No worries! As I said it's the least I can do.
Here is the link for the Colors HB pack.
I will do more packs when I get the chance.

Edit
Here is the pack for Pocket Physics V0.6
Also Here is the FW pack for latest M3 Sakura(v1.40), if any one is interested.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Steevsee said:
TrolleyDave said:
grog.gif

No worries! As I said it's the least I can do.
Here is the link for the Colors HB pack.
I will do more packs when I get the chance.

Edit
Here is the pack for Pocket Physics V0.6
Also Here is the FW pack for latest M3 Sakura(v1.40), if any one is interested.

Cheers mate, that's well handy!
grog.gif
I'm going to be updating the release list in a bit so I'll grab these and add them to the download center as well.

QUOTE(benjaminlibl @ Jul 24 2009, 03:34 PM)
TrolleyDave, I was just wondering, do you have this uploaded anywhere else? I can't access Wordpress and was curious.

Have sent you a PM!

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
more bugs v0.32

NDS Release List.
-- when you click on a title, on the right hand side, it briefly shows the toggle box for "I WANT THIS GAME" but then rapidly is replaced by the Genre field instead. it somehow breaks the functionality of the I WANT THIS GAME flag

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
+ Hitting the Select All button in the File Explorer panel now deselects One Click Scan if active.
+ Fixed bug where MicroSD file list for audio wasn't setting correctly.
+ Fixed bug where MicroSD file list for video wasn't setting correctly.
+ Added Supercard DSOne(i) to the card types.
+ Optimised boot up time a little.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
yaynds.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Tikker said:
more bugs v0.32

NDS Release List.
-- when you click on a title, on the right hand side, it briefly shows the toggle box for "I WANT THIS GAME" but then rapidly is replaced by the Genre field instead. it somehow breaks the functionality of the I WANT THIS GAME flag

Cheers mate! I'll try and get this and the others you mentioned done over the weekend.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
the homebrew pack creator does not accept folders is it a problem with it or the download?
It does take folders. Just drag a zip file onto the "Workzip" folder and it will unpack the files and folders there.
Folders don't show up in the right hand side browser window, but will be added to the pack.

lisa71

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just downloaded and think it's fab, i just have one question

some of the roms i have added seem to have the wrong pictures

Hope someone can help

many thanks

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lisa71 said:
I have just downloaded and think it's fab, i just have one question

some of the roms i have added seem to have the wrong pictures

Hope someone can help

many thanks

Yeah, they were originally downloaded from DS-Scene (Thanks Homie!) and they use a slightly different numbering scheme to Advancescene which DSFCC uses (the pics were all originally in R4 Commander V2.0 which used DS-Scene numbering). Then when DS-Scene adopted the DSI# scheme it threw everything off but I didn't realise at first. If you can let me know which numbers are wrong and what they should be I can fix them. I'm a little too lazy to go through each one and check, it's an awful lot of pics to check!
smile.gif

Steevsee said:
QUOTE(gameguy95 @ Aug 2 2009, 12:21 PM) the homebrew pack creator does not accept folders is it a problem with it or the download?
It does take folders. Just drag a zip file onto the "Workzip" folder and it will unpack the files and folders there.
Folders don't show up in the right hand side browser window, but will be added to the pack.

Now that there's more than just me using the pack builder I'll do a little bit more work on it. Any suggestions? Like is there anything that could be added that would make it easier for you?

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Now that there's more than just me using the pack builder I'll do a little bit more work on it. Any suggestions? Like is there anything that could be added that would make it easier for you?

Thanks again TrolleyDave.
I find the pack builder quite simple to use, though still playing around with it.
Only thing I can think of, would be to add an option to open an esxisting pack to allow editing of the contents.

Also I seem to have encountered a possible bug in DSFCC.
When I am loading .nds files to my card, sometimes it gets "stuck" on a particular file.
It appears to load ok but then when i try to copy another file across, it just seems to re-copy the previous file that it is "stuck" on.
If I delete the "work" folder from the installtion and restart DSFCC, it seems to work ok for awhile, before it happens again.
I am using an M3 cart with latest english sakura.

Lastly, the homebrew library(currently on card) doesn't seem to refresh properly.

EDIT
just noticed the "games currently on you card" report and wonder if this is part of my problem.
I neglected to mention that I am using multiple carts/memory cards(4 x M3 and 2 x DSTT mostly) so not sure how this works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1