Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Sorry it took so long to reply. That is the Windows 7 release candidate (7100) though I can't imagine that'd be affecting the unzipping. And yeah, what happened didn't make sense to me either, but it had to have been DSFCC because it only happened on games I tried copying over. I did it via the File Explorer, not the Game Library. The only thing I can really think of that could've caused the issue is that the games were on a UNC network share because I remember having slight issues with that in the past, though nothing like this before. I definitely had enough free space, on my laptop running DSFCC, the memory card, and even on the server. I ended up just using drag and drop after getting all of my games back, it's a great program but since I'm not sure what happened I just don't want to risk it again.

I can't debug problems with Win7 or a network unfortunately, I haven't got either of them! I know there's people using it on Vista networks though and they've not had any problems similar to what you had and I've looked at the code thought and I really don't see what could have caused something like that.

QUOTE(Daminite @ May 30 2009, 08:44 AM) looks good so far but it needs a way to remove missing files from the database and it would be nice if it was M3real/sakura friendly. depending on how things go i may change from rominator to this

What exactly do you mean by remove missing files from the database? You'll have to tell me how to make it Sakura friendly, I don't own an M3 Real.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i was playing around with the renamer and ended up with 2 entries for the same file and it only would remove the extra one that no longer had a file when i deleted the one that was still there be cause it reassigned the first entry to to the new file. basically you just need to make it check for missing files at start up and remove the entries for missing files and duplicate entries.

as for the m3 friendly part i just meant having a m3 mode like it does for the r4, dstt, acekard, and cyclo. for instance the m3 has a hardware pass through like the ez 3-in 1 but i dont think it works with thins like gba exploder but i dont see a way to disable the gba helper apps just change with one its using.

i'm also having trouble with the flashcard gba file path reverting to root every time i close it and reopen it.

i'm also not sure what to do with the faves folder.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Daminite said:
well i was playing around with the renamer and ended up with 2 entries for the same file and it only would remove the extra one that no longer had a file when i deleted the one that was still there be cause it reassigned the first entry to to the new file. basically you just need to make it check for missing files at start up and remove the entries for missing files and duplicate entries.

as for the m3 friendly part i just meant having a m3 mode like it does for the r4, dstt, acekard, and cyclo. for instance the m3 has a hardware pass through like the ez 3-in 1 but i dont think it works with thins like gba exploder but i dont see a way to disable the gba helper apps just change with one its using.

i'm also having trouble with the flashcard gba file path reverting to root every time i close it and reopen it.

i'm also not sure what to do with the faves folder.

There's no way to disable the GBA_ExpLoader in the app, but it only copies it across when you select the opton from the drop down menu. Is the GBA loading etc. built into the M3 Real firmware? I've added a M3 Real card type as well. The only one's that really make a difference to the app are the AK2, R4 and Cyclo choices, choosing them activates the built-in skin browser/applier for that particular card.

The faves folder is handled automatically by the app. Any game marked in the DS library as a favourite gets copied into it, all the others go in the other folder.

I'm just working on the app now. The GBA folder resetting is a bug, I've just fixed it. I've added in a check/remove for missing files as well.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DSFCC 0.29 released, please upgrade!

+ You can now select to copy games not in the release list to your games folder.
+ The program now removes non-existing files from the game library when it builds the index.
+ Added M3 Real to card types.
+ Removed YSMenu from GBA Loader radio box in Configuration panel. Now says Firmware Integrated only.
+ Fixed a bug which caused the GBA folder to be reset everytime the app was launched.
+ Fixed a bug that allowed duplicate entries in the DS library.
+ Added option to process the unknown files database in the drop down menu. File->Process Unknown Files.
+ Added button to delete the highlighted item from the Drag and Drop Processor List.
+ Added button to clear the Drag and Drop Processor list.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
+ Fixed bug where unknown rar files weren't being copied to the MicroSD card in the File Explorer.
+ The program now rescales if screen isn't set to 96DPI (Thanks TC!)
+ Fixed bug where renamer was deleting files in the game directory when they couldn't be found in the release list.
+ Fixed bug where renamer would delete file in the game directory when renamed to the same file name as the old name and Delete Old Archive was ticked in the renamer configuration.
+ Removed threading as it caused General Exception errors on some setups. Speeds up packing/unpacking as well.
+ Added lots of error checking!
+ Now displays the status log if renamer comes across an error.
+ Now displays an error message dialog box when an error occurs during unzipping.
+ App now shows more in depth error reporting.
+ Ctrl-A now works in File Explorer, Audio Browse Saves Library and most MicroSD file list boxes.

kadooosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a help file or something for this program.. so many buttons but I have absolutly no idea what they do.
I wanna rename all my nds files but how...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
In the main file explorer window highlight the files you want to rename and underneath the file list box is a rename button, hover the mouse over each button and it'll tell you what they do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
0.31b
+ Fixed Abort button not disappearing after using the Scan button in the file explorer.
+ Rom CRC verification button works again!
+ Added refresh button to File Explorer file browser.
+ Fixed a bug where if a file in the Unknowns list didn't exist anymore then it would select all files during processing of the Unknowns list.
+ Added refresh button to File Explorer MicroSD file list.
+ Moved Delete File button for File Explorer MicroSD list.
+ Added right click menu to File Exploror file list.
+ General tidy up of boot up code.
+ Fixed a bug in the NDS artwork refresh code.
+ Added to the DS Library right click menu.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks TrolleyDave for this awesome rom manager. I tried R4 Commander previously, but admit I have only been using Rominator recently.
I have only been playing around with DSFCC for a couple off hours but am very impressed so far!

Just a couple of quick questions.

When I go into audio or video browser, the list of files on my MicroSD is not visible.
If I copy an MP3 or DPG across, the list refreshes and shows all files on the card, but once I restart DSFCC, the lists are no longer visible again.

I am using v0.31b on XP SP2.

Edit. I am also getting an error when trying to open GBA library - "List index out of bounds (1)"

Thanks

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
could you please add the Supercard DSone(i) to the card types
i have a Supercard DSonei and i would really like to see it as a card type thanks if you can

I'll add the option in to the next update.

mcboom said:
Can this read the save files of games?

How exactly do mean can it read save files of games? Do you mean does it read them off the card and back them up or do mean can it tell which game they're from?

Steevsee said:
Thanks TrolleyDave for this awesome rom manager. I tried R4 Commander previously, but admit I have only been using Rominator recently.
I have only been playing around with DSFCC for a couple off hours but am very impressed so far!

When I go into audio or video browser, the list of files on my MicroSD is not visible.
If I copy an MP3 or DPG across, the list refreshes and shows all files on the card, but once I restart DSFCC, the lists are no longer visible again.

Edit. I am also getting an error when trying to open GBA library - "List index out of bounds (1)"

Thanks

It sounds like the GBA library has become corrupt somehow, delete it from the data folder and restart and it should be ok. You'll have to add your GBA games again though sorry. The other problems sound like bugs, I'll try and get em fixed as soon as I can.

QUOTE(KingdomBlade @ Jul 18 2009, 03:04 AM)
My slow com keeps hanging when I try to update it. It looks great, but I want the latest version.

I'll add the latest version as a download on my blog later on hopefully.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
gameguy95 said:
could you please add the Supercard DSone(i) to the card types
i have a Supercard DSonei and i would really like to see it as a card type thanks if you can

I'll add the option in to the next update.

mcboom said:
Can this read the save files of games?

How exactly do mean can it read save files of games? Do you mean does it read them off the card and back them up or do mean can it tell which game they're from?

Steevsee said:

Thanks

It sounds like the GBA library has become corrupt somehow, delete it from the data folder and restart and it should be ok. You'll have to add your GBA games again though sorry. The other problems sound like bugs, I'll try and get em fixed as soon as I can.

QUOTE(KingdomBlade @ Jul 18 2009, 03:04 AM)
My slow com keeps hanging when I try to update it. It looks great, but I want the latest version.

I'll add the latest version as a download on my blog later on hopefully.
YAY

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
0.31b
+ Fixed Abort button not disappearing after using the Scan button in the file explorer.

I'd dropped off the end of the world for a bit, but I'm glad I found this again

great stuff

found a bug for you
wink.gif

when you have 1 click scanning enabled, then highlight all roms, you can't start a scan of all the roms in your directory

if you unclick 1 click scanning, it works again (clicking "highlight all" needs to auto-unclick 1 click scanning, imo)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
+ Hitting the Select All button in the File Explorer panel now deselects One Click Scan if active.
+ Fixed bug where MicroSD file list for audio wasn't setting correctly.
+ Fixed bug where MicroSD file list for video wasn't setting correctly.
+ Added Supercard DSOne(i) to the card types.
+ Optimised boot up time a little.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch