OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsdoommods.lefora.com
XP
Country
United States
fanadical cowhead and Fisk are currently making some important changes to dsdoom:

QUOTE said:
Hi! I'd like to announce that Fisk and I are recompiling the current dsdoom, here's what have in store

- Better controls
- Fixed saving
- removal of doom shadow fading for an increase in FPS
- Iwad and Pwad selector
- Better user interface
screenshot:
screenshotnogba20090515.png

QUOTEIt May not look much different but, the doom shadow fading is gone! It may have looked fairly decent but... The new rendering (without doom shadow fading) increases FPS up to 35fps, Gives a more OpenGL feel to the software rendering and for detailed wads will look much clearer and cleaner, not to mention it will run REALLY fast!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i wonder what fixed controls means... i wasn't aware of an issue with the controls. about the only two things dsdoom needed was fixed saving/loading and an iwad selector. actually the ability to load pwads instead of having to use old tools to merge them would be ideal. i could live with multiple copies or hexed copies and 1 wad per dsdoom if saving/loading was fixed!

my favorite doom wad of all time is Earth. everyone should give it a try! it made doomworld.com's top 100 wad list.

-another world

L

LeoDJO

Good. I'll test it later on my DS.

Anyway, are DSDoom supporting stylus gameplay same way as a mouse on a pc? Playing Doom this way is much better than playing only with default controls.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
LeoDJO said:
Anyway, are DSDoom supporting stylus gameplay same way as a mouse on a pc? Playing Doom this way is much better than playing only with default controls.

d-pad is the way to enjoy doom. strafing around turns with L/R and shooting, laughing, and yelling. this is the way.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Garcimak said:
I'd love to see the same treatment applied for Hexen / Heretic DS

from what i remember hexen only had saves broken. heretic runs on the slot2 side, but runs perfectly. the normal 3 level version comes in just under 32mb and runs great on the ez3in1. with that said, i would love to see both projects revisted. i still have not given hexen a play due to the save/load issues.

-another world

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another World said:
heretic runs on the slot2 side, but runs perfectly. the normal 3 level version comes in just under 32mb and runs great on the ez3in1.

Thanks for the tipsies, i saw this one had emulated music too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?