Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Holster76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I think this thread is the best place to post this.
I am actually creating some custom icons for my GBA games and will most likely do the same thing for my GB and GBC roms. When a few of them are done I'll create a GitHub repo so everyone can download and use them.
Would anyone here be interested in this or maybe even contribute?
absolutely yes

Reactions: Tarmfot

Holster76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I think this thread is the best place to post this.
I am actually creating some custom icons for my GBA games and will most likely do the same thing for my GB and GBC roms. When a few of them are done I'll create a GitHub repo so everyone can download and use them.
Absolutely yes, I'd love to have custom icons but I can't get them to come out right

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The new version I get a white screen when turning on my DSi, in previous version it didn't so I'll have to go back to that version for now.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
We've actually already set up a section of the TWiLight Skins site (from twlmenu-extras on GitHub) for icons, so if you'd like you can PR them to that repo fyi. it's pretty simple just put the files in _nds/TWiLightMenu/icons same as on the SD then edit the _meta.json file with a bit of info about them.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh nice. I was already wondering why seemingly nobody had the idea before. Do you plan to make a icon section for games in general? If so, I'd like to upload a few icons there that I made today.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice. I was already wondering why seemingly nobody had the idea before. Do you plan to make a icon section for games in general? If so, I'd like to upload a few icons there that I made today.
currently just any custom icon goes in that folder, if enough are made might be worth splitting by console or such in the future I suppose

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new version I get a white screen when turning on my DSi, in previous version it didn't so I'll have to go back to that version for now.
I don't see how the new version could cause this issue. Try updating again, and delete "settings.ini" at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello - I just updated Twilight Menu and am still having issues with Big Bang Mini (Europe).

The mandatory tutorial works fine but then as soon as I try to start the Arcade mode I get a black screen.

I've tried multiple tweaks like running in DS mode, changing VRAM mode and turning card read DMA on and off but without any success.

I've even changed Update recently played list to no but this didn't solve the problem.

The same rom works flawlessly on my DS Lite using an M3 Simply flashcard.

Any idea?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - I just updated Twilight Menu and am still having issues with Big Bang Mini (Europe).

The mandatory tutorial works fine but then as soon as I try to start the Arcade mode I get a black screen.

I've tried multiple tweaks like running in DS mode, changing VRAM mode and turning card read DMA on and off but without any success.

I've even changed Update recently played list to no but this didn't solve the problem.

Any idea?
What console are you using to run Big Bang Mini outside of DS Lite?

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Any idea?
Just tried the game on my original 3ds using twighlightmenu with default settings got past the tutorial and then loaded arcade mode and it works perfectly so something is either wrong with your settings or it's your rom.

Edit made a really shaky one handed with my TV very loud in background video of Bang Bang Mini booting arcade mode perfectly fine on my 3ds :rofl2:

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Arcano_cz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi guys, from one moment to another on my DSi TM++ started running laggy, when navigating through the menu or between games it moves with delay.

Do you know what it can be?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, from one moment to another on my DSi TM++ started running laggy, when navigating through the menu or between games it moves with delay.

Do you know what it can be?
Photo/box art color de-banding may cause the issue, if you're already up to date.
Try turning it off in TWLMenu++ Settings, if this is the case.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We've actually already set up a section of the TWiLight Skins site (from twlmenu-extras on GitHub) for icons, so if you'd like you can PR them to that repo fyi. it's pretty simple just put the files in _nds/TWiLightMenu/icons same as on the SD then edit the _meta.json file with a bit of info about them.
Alright, PR is sent. :)

I still created a repo for game specific icons. I think it isn't a bad idea to have it. Here it is. ^^

xaviersaverio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What console are you using to run Big Bang Mini outside of DS Lite?
I'm using a European DSi console.

And I've just tried 2 different roms for Big Bang Mini (Europe): One with CRC32 0091274C and the other one with A74E5508.
Also tried 2 roms of the USA version: CRC32 F0942B6D and 120FDB68 but I'm getting the exact same result with all roms i.e. stuck on a black screen when starting the Arcade mode.

I also tried holding the L button after launching the games as suggested here (https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/nds-bootstrap/issues/777) but it didn't change anything.

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSD HC I with an SD adaptor and it's never caused me any issue so far.

Last edited by xaviersaverio,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a European DSi console.
And I've just tried 2 different roms for Big Bang Mini (Europe): One with CRC32 0091274C and the other with A74E5508.
Also tried 2 roms of the USA version: CRC32 F0942B6D and 120FDB68 and I getting the exact same result with all roms i.e. stuck on a black screen when starting the Arcade mode.
pretty sure @AmandaRose lives in Europe, but she might've tried it on a 3ds console (not sure).

Reactions: AmandaRose

Steph_Arkabane

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed TWiLight Menu++ and everytime I catch a Pokemon in my White Randomizer and try to tap on anything on the touchscreen a blacksreen appears and the game freezes and if I battle a trainer or Pokemon after I had a encounter right after booting up the touchscreen becomes unusable and neither D-Pad or B and A function, also the "battle" option disappears.
Is there a fix to this?

Attachments

• 20220415_181148.jpeg
    20220415_181148.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20220415_182843.jpeg
    20220415_182843.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 28

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5