Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Incure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted to say how awesome Twlight and NDS bootstrapper are. I followed the development for some time and only recently tried it. On the 3DS it really surpasses any flashcards with all the nice extra's on DS games and the possiblity to play DSi mode and DSi ware games. Kudos!

The only thing I eventually like to see is a loading screen with some info what is happening instead of the (bright) white screens.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say how awesome Twlight and NDS bootstrapper are. I followed the development for some time and only recently tried it. On the 3DS it really surpasses any flashcards with all the nice extra's on DS games and the possiblity to play DSi mode and DSi ware games. Kudos!

The only thing I eventually like to see is a loading screen with some info what is happening instead of the (bright) white screens.
There's a loading screen in nds-bootstrap, but is only shown when creating a FAT table and/or caching the patch offsets. If you don't see it, those are already done, so loading is faster.
This is not done for DSiWare, since no patching is required.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I just tried the second to last version of twilight menu++ on my ds. it also doesn't show box art in that window.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what it shows is a black box with a question mark, so it's detecting the setting, just the image doesn't appear. I'm using a supercard dstwo if that matters.
Just tried, and the image is showing on my side, so idk why it's not showing on your side.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried, and the image is showing on my side, so idk why it's not showing on your side.

is that in the games' list or on the home menu? the home menu is where it's not showing up. I just compared the 3ds to the ds, and mimic'd all settings, and it still doesn't show up. I don't know if it's the sku I have or the fact that I'm using a ds lite. it's a Japanese system if that matters. it doesn't make any sense.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that in the games' list or on the home menu? the home menu is where it's not showing up. I just compared the 3ds to the ds, and mimic'd all settings, and it still doesn't show up. I don't know if it's the sku I have or the fact that I'm using a ds lite. it's a Japanese system if that matters. it doesn't make any sense.
If by home menu, you mean the DS Classic Menu, then yes, it's shown on both the list and the classic menu.
Have you tried clearing the settings?

Reactions: banjo2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nds, gba, and gb folders.

Same place as the 3ds and the 3ds doesn't have this problem.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nds, gba, and gb folders.

Same place as the 3ds and the 3ds doesn't have this problem.
Try the latest TWLMenu++ nightly build, and see if it fixes it.
If it doesn't, then check the SD card for errors. If no errors are found, then I'm out of ideas.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

thangcuoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm following the tutorial for setting up Twilight Menu++ on my M3 DS Simply.

In step 3, it said Set Use nds-bootstrap to No. Is this a setting within Twilight Menu++ as I could not find it?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

lva789hp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I tried to run GBA games in native mode with an Ace3ds clone and a supercard gba, however, I can't get it to work. Whenever I start a GBA game, the GBArunner2 run instead, the setting for GBA roms is already Native>GBArunner2.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I tried changing the allocation size of the micro sd to 32KBs from 8KBs, and it didn't matter. I also tried the nightly build, which also didn't fix the problem. I checked the sd card, no errors, so I have no idea what the problem is.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the tutorial for setting up Twilight Menu++ on my M3 DS Simply.

In step 3, it said Set Use nds-bootstrap to No. Is this a setting within Twilight Menu++ as I could not find it?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
It's in the Games/Apps settings page.
Hey, I tried to run GBA games in native mode with an Ace3ds clone and a supercard gba, however, I can't get it to work. Whenever I start a GBA game, the GBArunner2 run instead, the setting for GBA roms is already Native>GBArunner2.
That means your GBA flashcard has no RAM to be used as ROM space. What does the flashcard look like?
@Robz8 , I tried changing the allocation size of the micro sd to 32KBs from 8KBs, and it didn't matter. I also tried the nightly build, which also didn't fix the problem. I checked the sd card, no errors, so I have no idea what the problem is.
Same here. All is fine on my side.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if totally stupid, but...) Is it possible the TWiLight app uses more battery power than normal? I ask because my battery seems to be draining pretty quickly when playing games in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1