Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug Report: Entering Sleep Mode on v16.6.0 causes audio to be laggy and does not enter into Sleep Mode at all, I've tested this with two games
Pokémon Platinum (Spain): Causes the audio to be laggy and audio offsyncs in some parts like the intro.
Newer Super Mario Bros. DS: The "Come back!" and "Mario Time!" when entering Sleep Mode loops over and over.

I'm playing on a N3DSXL. I've downgraded to v16.5.0 and this doesn't happen.
This seems to be the cause:
v16.6.0 Changelog said:
Added Slot 1 power saving. Unknown if this affects IR functionality.
Try leaving the Slot empty for now.

ivandadams

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I am having an issue when playing Bower's Inside Story, where when I select a save file, it just shows a black screen. I am on a normal dsi with twilight menu version 16.6.0 and nds bootstrap version 0.35.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ivandadams,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am having an issue when playing Bower's Inside Story, where when I select a save file, it just shows a black screen. I am on a normal dsi with twilight menu version 16.6.0 and nds bootstrap version 0.35.1. Any help would be appreciated.
That happens sometimes. Just try again.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v17.0.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++:
Due to a change made in TWLMenu++ that requires a fix on nds-bootstrap's side, a stealth version of nds-bootstrap is included.
See here for the changelog.

What's new?
  • Added AP fixes for DSLazy-repacked versions of C.O.P.: The Recruit.
Improvements
  • Improved ROM size checking for ROM loading to RAM.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
  • The "Rocket Robz" letters in the year text now uses the logo's font.
Bug fixes
  • Disabled entering cheat menu for DSiWare.
  • Fixed Guru Meditation Error when soft-resetting in nds-bootstrap with a 3DS cart inserted, if "Slot-1 microSD access" is turned on.
  • Fixed Slot-1 being re-enabled when soft-resetting in nds-bootstrap.
  • In hopes of fixing the sound glitches in the TWLMenu++ splash, the sound bank is now allocated by "main.srldr".
  • SCFG is now locked before booting DSTWO plugins.
    • This fixes a bug where the console would freeze on white and black screens, if you're able to switch between flashcard and microSD contents.
Known bug
  • The "Ex. ROM space in RAM" Spanish and Swedish text in the per-game settings, may be too long.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

famiac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Robz! Looking forward to trying this update.

Two questions:
In 2018, i had configured twilightmenu to use widescreen on a per-game basis. Since TWPatch came out, I have to redo the TWLbg.cxi anytime i want to switch since the 4:3 option in twilightmenu has no effect. Am i missing a filesystem operation to make this more configurable? Like, should i rename TWLbg.cxi to Widescreen.cxi? What folder should i place it in?

Also, i was trying to load the Cave Story DSiWare using TwilightMenu, but the nds-bootstrap always crashes with the "An error has occurred" message. I had the same result on my O3DS and N3DS running Luma 10.2. Any idea why this might be happening?

I will try the new update and see if i still have these issues.

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Robz! Looking forward to trying this update.

Two questions:
In 2018, i had configured twilightmenu to use widescreen on a per-game basis. Since TWPatch came out, I have to redo the TWLbg.cxi anytime i want to switch since the 4:3 option in twilightmenu has no effect. Am i missing a filesystem operation to make this more configurable? Like, should i rename TWLbg.cxi to Widescreen.cxi? What folder should i place it in?
The per-game widescreen effect has been removed, due to it not working correctly for some users, so it's widescreen everywhere now.
As a result, the games that don't support widescreen will have the top screen stretched with no fixes.
Also, i was trying to load the Cave Story DSiWare using TwilightMenu, but the nds-bootstrap always crashes with the "An error has occurred" message. I had the same result on my O3DS and N3DS running Luma 10.2. Any idea why this might be happening?

I will try the new update and see if i still have these issues.
There is no way of running DSiWare in .nds format yet.

famiac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok. I guess i got confused when i downloaded the TwilightMenu 3DS release from github and in the roms/ folder there is a dsiware directory with a file called "Place DSiWare ROMs here"

thanks for the clarification

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Robz8 I found some weird bugs with the London Life sub-game in Professor Layton and the Last Specter. Everything freezes when London Life is launched, forcing to return to 3DS main menu. Restarting Twilight Menu automatically boots London Life. The sub-game then works pretty well, except for some minor graphical glitches.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
v17.0.0

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++:
Due to a change made in TWLMenu++ that requires a fix on nds-bootstrap's side, a stealth version of nds-bootstrap is included.
See here for the changelog.

What's new?
  • Added AP fixes for DSLazy-repacked versions of C.O.P.: The Recruit.
Improvements
  • Improved ROM size checking for ROM loading to RAM.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
  • The "Rocket Robz" letters in the year text now uses the logo's font.
Bug fixes
  • Disabled entering cheat menu for DSiWare.
  • Fixed Guru Meditation Error when soft-resetting in nds-bootstrap with a 3DS cart inserted, if "Slot-1 microSD access" is turned on.
  • Fixed Slot-1 being re-enabled when soft-resetting in nds-bootstrap.
  • In hopes of fixing the sound glitches in the TWLMenu++ splash, the sound bank is now allocated by "main.srldr".
  • SCFG is now locked before booting DSTWO plugins.
    • This fixes a bug where the console would freeze on white and black screens, if you're able to switch between flashcard and microSD contents.
Known bug
  • The "Ex. ROM space in RAM" Spanish and Swedish text in the per-game settings, may be too long.

Thank you,awesome Approvements and Fixes,thank you very much !! :yay:

Actual I only updated the New3DS XL and...

....had little scary Moments...

I have used the TWiLight Updater,the Download and Installation seems ok.
After leaving the Updater and booting TWiLight I got....

2 White Screens.....waited around 10 Minutes...closed/opened the 3DS....nothing.
So I decided to leave it via the "HOME" Button and tried it again.....with the same Result.:sad:
Then I was maybe "brave or stupid" and turned the 3DS off and on.
Same Result....

Since I remembered some "Issues" in the Past with the Updater I decided to make again an Update with the Universal Updater v3.0.0
After the successful Download/Installation and going back to the 3DS Mainscreen,
TWiLight Menu is now booting/working. tired.gif

I hope,this Experience was only for me.....:lol:

Thank you and later you get my Feedback on my other Devices if you like.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a corrupted install of twilight menu++ has happened a couple times to me, but that was quite a while ago. I usually use the updater. I don't typically update my 3ds stuff except for every few months. I'm so paranoid about losing data that I'd feel obligated to backup the sd card and all important files if I did, which is a task in itself (have 4 backups of everything for all systems).

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

a corrupted install of twilight menu++ has happened a couple times to me, but that was quite a while ago. I usually use the updater. I don't typically update my 3ds stuff except for every few months. I'm so paranoid about losing data that I'd feel obligated to backup the sd card and all important files if I did, which is a task in itself (have 4 backups of everything for all systems).

A good Advice,I also should do more Backups...I am so lazy about it..
But maybe because of the many different Devices ? :D
No,that is no Excuse for making no Backups.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, the last time I updated 16.x.x I think -- I encountered only one bug with gbarunner 2. it's the fps code @Robz8 mentioned where it causes a ripple effect at the bottom of the screen. no issues with snes, gb, gba, or ds games other than that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you.:)

A good Advice,I also should do more Backups...I am so lazy about it..
But maybe because of the many different Devices ? :D
No,that is no Excuse for making no Backups.

I'm so paranoid about losing data that I even back up essentials again like the movable.sed as well as a NAND backup. I did do so hex comparisons and found the only things that seemed to change were the ticket databases (only some of them). this is if only updating twilight menu++ I believe.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I found some weird bugs with the London Life sub-game in Professor Layton and the Last Specter. Everything freezes when London Life is launched, forcing to return to 3DS main menu. Restarting Twilight Menu automatically boots London Life. The sub-game then works pretty well, except for some minor graphical glitches.
What's supposed to happen is for the console to reboot into London Life, but for some reason, it rebooted into the 3DS HOME Menu for you.
If you're using an O3DS, that's a known issue with no fix. If you're using a N3DS, that'll happen sometimes.

Reactions: banjo2 and Zense

BlueTrainer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating twilight menu with the stealth nds bootstrap update and testing sonic rush, I noticed the credits roll was doing fine, the screen static was gone but it slowly froze in the middle of the credits. So, perhaps wait for another update then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol