Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ThatGamingAirman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dimenfer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi People!

I've installed the latest TWL in my SDcard and use it through hiyaCFW.
I use DSTwo for NDS games, but when I try to acess it from the ClassicMenu, it show up like that, glitched and don't work.

Can someone give me a ligth for success, to follow?

Attachments

• photo5118553208476772488.jpg
    photo5118553208476772488.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 145

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
EDIT: SOLVED! I had this error message because Wi-Fi LED was disabled into Twilight Menu settings/ others settings.

I'm trying to play Pokemon Platinum but if I save the game and then turn off my console, after I press the Start button on Giratina menu, I have a blue screen with the following message: "A communication error has occured. If you were in the Union Room, you will be returned there..." and after pressing A, white screen.
I tried to change settings like launching in ds mode but it's always the same. I also checked my .sav file and everything seems normal.
Has someone any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
I'm using a dsi xl with the latest Twilight Menu on sd card.

Last edited by Baromo,

Stabnormality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey people. Do you know if i can get saves to be consistent/shared between my physical cartridge and an nds rom i made using GM9dump on my 3ds? I haven't tried it yet, but the saves seem to be stored in save folder in my roms folder, so that wouldn't be shared by the cartridge. is it possible by using checkpoint or another save manager? Thanks.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello I want to report a very little mistake. There is a message that is displayed wrong in German. If you switch folders it is displayed very shortly:"Wird geladen... Wenn das zu lange dauert, schlie e und ffne deine Konsole." but it ought to be "Wird geladen... Wenn das zu lange dauert, schließe und öffne deine Konsole." but these special-letters "ß" and "ö" are exchangeable by "oe" and "ss" so that it also may be written as:"Wird geladen... Wenn da zu lange dauert, schliesse und oeffne deine Konsole."

I just saw this belongs to issue #1018 and #995

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

3DS_Noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people. Do you know if i can get saves to be consistent/shared between my physical cartridge and an nds rom i made using GM9dump on my 3ds? I haven't tried it yet, but the saves seem to be stored in save folder in my roms folder, so that wouldn't be shared by the cartridge. is it possible by using checkpoint or another save manager? Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think that is possible because the nds cartridge .sav file is on the cartridge itself. One way around this is to move the .sav files manually using GM9dump between the digital and cartridge version.
The way I went about this is transfering all my .sav files from my physical copies to my digital ones. I hardly have a need to go back to my physical copies since they are now all on my 3DS. If I want to change games I can without changing cartridges. However, I do have OpenEmu, an emulator for mac. Because I like to play my retro/nds games on a big screen and pick up where I left off I have a .sav cloud folder where I can upload (manually using GM9dump) .sav files from my 3DS and access using OpenEmu so that way I can keep playing where I left off. Currently I have only done this with two games and because of the fact that I still have to dump the save file manually I only do it every so often and I am okay if the two files aren't perfect duplicates of one another at any given time. I almost treat them as two seperate games that keep up with each other so that if I want to play that game on a tv I don't have to start from the beginning.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe GodMode9i (NB Different from GodMode9) let's you transfer your saves back to your cartridges, manually of course. Probably many other apps let you do that as well. I remember I used an ftp app for DS 8+ years ago to back up and restore saves.

Unfortunately I don't think that is possible because the nds cartridge .sav file is on the cartridge itself. One way around this is to move the .sav files manually using GM9dump between the digital and cartridge version.
The way I went about this is transfering all my .sav files from my physical copies to my digital ones. I hardly have a need to go back to my physical copies since they are now all on my 3DS. If I want to change games I can without changing cartridges. However, I do have OpenEmu, an emulator for mac. Because I like to play my retro/nds games on a big screen and pick up where I left off I have a .sav cloud folder where I can upload (manually using GM9dump) .sav files from my 3DS and access using OpenEmu so that way I can keep playing where I left off. Currently I have only done this with two games and because of the fact that I still have to dump the save file manually I only do it every so often and I am okay if the two files aren't perfect duplicates of one another at any given time. I almost treat them as two seperate games that keep up with each other so that if I want to play that game on a tv I don't have to start from the beginning.
One thing you could do is use 3DSync and set it to the folder where you have your NDS save files, then have that same directory synced on your mac: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wip-3dsync.558310/

3DS_Noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe GodMode9i (NB Different from GodMode9) let's you transfer your saves back to your cartridges, manually of course. Probably many other apps let you do that as well. I remember I used an ftp app for DS 8+ years ago to back up and restore saves.

One thing you could do is use 3DSync and set it to the folder where you have your NDS save files, then have that same directory synced on your mac: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wip-3dsync.558310/

Wow I always wondered if that would be possible. I hope this makes it out of alpha. Thank you for letting me know!

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow I always wondered if that would be possible. I hope this makes it out of alpha. Thank you for letting me know!
Oh and a word of advice if you hadn't already thought of this yourself, is probably to create a separate dropbox account other than your personal one and use that one, unless you can confirm what sort of access to your dropbox files the app gets or uses.

Last edited by Zense,

Stabnormality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe GodMode9i (NB Different from GodMode9) let's you transfer your saves back to your cartridges, manually of course. Probably many other apps let you do that as well. I remember I used an ftp app for DS 8+ years ago to back up and restore saves

Do you think it would be possible, with enough knowledge of coding on the 3ds, to write a program that would automatically do this whenever you saved? or a plugin or addon for twilightmenu++? that would be cool

benjbanjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed all of the steps and am getting stuck on a screen saying “Bootstrap not found. Running without patches. If this is a retail ROM, it will not run”. Do I need to have a game like Mario kart in the cart slot?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed all of the steps and am getting stuck on a screen saying “Bootstrap not found. Running without patches. If this is a retail ROM, it will not run”. Do I need to have a game like Mario kart in the cart slot?
You're trying to use forwarders. Make sure you followed all of the steps in the forwarder thread.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

benjbanjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're trying to use forwarders. Make sure followed all of the steps in the forwarder thread.

What I did is I followed the steps using the universal updater section in the 3DS/2DS tab. After booting up a compatible game with the menu, it gave me that message. The thing that has me confused is that it worked no problem when dsimenu was still TWLoader

Last edited by benjbanjo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...