Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every time I boot the updater, it somehow crashes, I've already tried re-installing the CIA but the crash is still there.
Has someone encountered this error already?
Have you tried using the 3dsx version of the updater to see if that works.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not yet, but I'll try to see if it works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, the 3DSX version of the updater also crashes
Seems more like a problem with your 3ds than the updater then as both the cia and 3dsx works perfectly for me and not seen anyone else having your issues.

Reactions: darkscrech

darkscrech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a dumb question Rob (this was probably mentioned before but I'm too lazy to look), but DSi-Enhanced games (like Pokemon White 2) don't work on TWiMenu++ using DSi mode correct? I kept getting white screens.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to work fine for me but now whenever I try and launch a game it just goes blank and brings me to the 3DS shutdown menu. This happening with anyone else?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not yet, but I'll try to see if it works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, the 3DSX version of the updater also crashes
Seems more like a problem with your 3ds than the updater then as both the cia and 3dsx works perfectly for me and not seen anyone else having your issues.
I heard this happens because WiFi isn't connected.
Okay, I have a dumb question Rob (this was probably mentioned before but I'm too lazy to look), but DSi-Enhanced games (like Pokemon White 2) don't work on TWiMenu++ using DSi mode correct? I kept getting white screens.
Correct. Extra patches in nds-bootstrap are required for DSi mode to work.
This used to work fine for me but now whenever I try and launch a game it just goes blank and brings me to the 3DS shutdown menu. This happening with anyone else?
Delete the .ini files in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras".
If that doesn't fix your issue, delete "settings.ini" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu".
Do the different themes use different cheat databases? The R4 theme doesn't find any cheats for some games [Pokemon HeartGold], but other themes do.
It uses the same cheat database.

Myzteziz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and can't really find a patches ROM or traces of working patches either
Apparently you have to hold the L button right after you start the game. Just tried it and didn't freeze when I talked to the vendors. Hopefully I can fully play DQ4 with no other issues :lol:

grub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm trying to get the TWL CPU speed of 133 MHz to work with a flashcard, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using a DSi XL and booting to TWiLight with Unlaunch and an R4i Gold Plus. I have the setting enabled on both the SD card and flashcard, along with the SCFG access option set to "on." Autoboot on the flashcard is also working correctly. I tried this with a normal DSi earlier today and it seemed to be working, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I would appreciate any help!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm trying to get the TWL CPU speed of 133 MHz to work with a flashcard, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using a DSi XL and booting to TWiLight with Unlaunch and an R4i Gold Plus. I have the setting enabled on both the SD card and flashcard, along with the SCFG access option set to "on." Autoboot on the flashcard is also working correctly. I tried this with a normal DSi earlier today and it seemed to be working, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I would appreciate any help!
Not all games benefit from the CPU boost.

Reactions: cvskid

grub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games benefit from the CPU boost.
I'm playing Pokémon White to test it, and I think it was being affected by it earlier. Scrolling through menus in particular was a lot faster. Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly, it seemed to be working when I tried it on my DSi, which I was only using to test Unlaunch before installing it on the larger model.

Edit: The DSi XL is on version 1.4U, could that affect anything?

Edit 2: Actually, I think I am misremembering. I've only been able to get it to work while playing it through the SD card from a normal 3DS. The flashcard isn't working there, either. I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

Last edited by grub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped