Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what to do at this point. Luckily reverting versions works, but I was hoping to run the latest version. Have you tried reverting to version 1.1.0 of the launcher and version 6.0 for the actual DSiMenu? That works for me for some stupid reason.
It's sad the latest doesn't work, though. Oh well. Really wanted to have that auto-update feature.

Confirming that downgrading nds-bootstrap (and nothing else) to 0.11.0 fixed the problem for me. Previously, all games I tested (AAI2, Canvas Curse, 999, Meteos) were getting a white screen. Now, all boot properly.

I was previously using the latest release and nightly builds (I tried both).

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. so a person wouldn't need a flashcard even to use a .nds rom on their 3ds? that seems pretty cool.

Last edited by Latyana,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version of both the app and launcher have been released!

v6.3.0

Starting with this release, this app has been renamed to TWiLight Menu++ (or TWLMenu++ for short), with DSiMenu++ now being the alt name (replacing DSisionX), alongside SRLoader.
(TWiLight Menu++ logo graphics provided by Vulpes-Vulpeos)
It will also be the last rename for this app.

Remember!
Don't hesitate to say TWiLight Menu++, DSiMenu++, or SRLoader, if you have the app set to any of those names. ;)

Update instructions
  1. In "sd:/_nds", rename "dsimenuplusplus" to "TWiLightMenu".
  2. Overwrite the "_nds" folder and "boot.nds" file on the SD root, with the new ones from the .7z file.
  3. For DSi CFW users, put "title" folder from "CFW - SDNAND" root folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click "Yes".
  4. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the "cia" folder.
  5. If you have flashcard autoboot installed for this app, please update the autoboot file for your flashcard.
What's new?
  • The Powered by nds-bootstrap screen has been updated with a cart/SD image next to the logo. (by Vulpes-Vulpeos)
  • A Monster Hunter Generations theme (by Vulpes-Vulpeos) for Acekard theme has been added!
  • The bottom screen images of the R4 theme are now loaded as .bmp files from NitroFS.
    (Sorry, no custom theme support for the R4 theme yet. :()
  • New Mac-like sub-theme added for R4 theme! (original theme by Higurashi, used in Moonshell)
  • DSi, 3DS, and R4 themes: Slot-1 will now not be launched, if there's no cart inserted into the slot.
  • "nds-bootstrap.ini" will now be created in sd:/_nds, if it doesn't exist.
What's new?/Bug fix
  • When exiting settings screen, the screens now fade to white before saving the settings.
    This removes the need to reboot to return to ROM menu.
Bug fix
  • The Guru Meditation Error in the Acekard theme has been fixed.
    It'll no longer be shown, if you have a 3DS cart inserted.

Launcher v2.1.0

What's new?
  • This app has been renamed to TWiLight Menu++ Launcher. (Graphics provided by Vulpes-Vulpeos)
    Only works with TWiLight Menu++ v6.3.0 and later.
  • The alt name DSisionX has been replaced with DSiMenu++.
  • The launcher will now tell TWiLight Menu++ that a 3DS cart is inserted, if there is one inserted, and not have the Acekard theme read Slot-1.
    Fixes Guru Meditation Error in Acekard theme.

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting issues with 6.3.0 sd:/_nds/dsimenuplusplus/main.srldr not found iam guessing you forgot to tell the loader to search for the twilight menu folder it still looking for the dsimenuplusplus folder this causes dsimenu to have conflicted issues.

Attachments

• 1537694289781.jpg
    1537694289781.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
does this work without needing to use a flashcard? and ty i'll try it later too.
Yes, this works without the need for a flashcart. This homebrew doesn't require a flashcart for any features other than the autoboot on flashcarts.
Edit: Two issues on my end, boxart doesn't show up anymore when launched on my 3DS
It now freezes/crashes during boot on my DSTWO with my 32GB microSD card, this wasn't an issue before.
So it does work on a 4GB microSD card, but it randomly asks if I want to delete whatever file it's on upon boot. This is not related to any of my buttons as I tested all of my buttons after this happened. If you go to the settings and reboot the system, then boot it up, it will go to the settings, once exiting the setting, and trying to enter them again, the application will crash to a white screen. Also the background music stops working randomly and box art still doesn't show up.

Last edited by The Catboy,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting issues with 6.3.0 sd:/_nds/dsimenuplusplus/main.srldr not found iam guessing you forgot to tell the loader to search for the twilight menu folder it still looking for the dsimenuplusplus folder this causes dsimenu to have conflicted issues.
You didn't install the new CIAs.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you install both cias? (and the new launcher version, if you are on the 3ds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?