Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"autoboot.bin" file for HiyaCFW is now included in the latest SRLoader's .7z file!
If you are getting the "An error has occurred." screen when using HiyaCFW, place the mentioned file into "sd:/hiya", then in HiyaCFW settings, tick the "Autoboot title" option, or replace the 0 at "TITLE_AUTOBOOT" in "sd:/hiya/settings.ini" with a 1.

thebigboss1206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Robz8,
I installed the latest version of SrLoader (4.1.0) on Hiya cfw dsi 1.4.5 E. Everything works smoothly, but when I try to launch patched/hacked roms, it crashes on .rom start screen saying "unable to delete savedata. Please turn off the console". I tried it with the "newer super mario" rom (v1.6 patch) and it works perfectly on any dsi flashcart. Tried launched in Donor mode too, but unsuccessfully.
Why this issue? Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Robz8,
I installed the latest version of SrLoader (4.1.0) on Hiya cfw dsi 1.4.5 E. Everything works smoothly, but when I try to launch patched/hacked roms, it crashes on .rom start screen saying "unable to delete savedata. Please turn off the console". I tried it with the "newer super mario" rom (v1.6 patch) and it works perfectly on any dsi flashcart. Tried launched in Donor mode too, but unsuccessfully.
Why this issue? Thanks.
You need a physical DS cart to use as donor for saving.
The donor cart must have the same save type as the ROM you're running.
Check here for what carts you own.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the clock CPU setting twl or ntr are better?
TWL is faster and can help games like Trackmania Turbo (at least when run through a flashcart in TWLoader) not drop frames, but some games, like the Sonic Rush trilogy, crash/break horribly when TWL is used because they were built strictly for the slower NTR speeds.

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SRLo--er, I mean DSiMenu++ v4.2.0

How to upgrade from SRLoader
  • In `sd:/_nds`, rename `srloader` to `dsimenuplusplus`.
  • Re-extract the `_nds` folder to the SD root.
  • Re-extract what's inside CFW - SDNAND root folder, to the SDNAND root.
  • Overwrite `boot.nds` on SD root, with new one.

What's new?
  • 3DS/2DS: A launcher for DSiMenu++ has been added! Just install all 4 CIAs in the `cia` folder, then start the launcher!
  • DSi: `CFW - SDNAND root` folder has been updated. Please re-extract what's inside the folder, to the SDNAND root.
  • Flashcard autoboot files have been updated!
  • You can no longer set a donor ROM by pressing SELECT.
  • Pressing SELECT on a highlighted ROM will now show the ROM's SDK version!
    This feature also works on flashcards, making DSiMenu++ the first ever DS(i) homebrew to show a ROM's SDK version!

Improvement?
  • Text on the top screen of the R4 theme is now white. It is still hard to see some text, though.

What's new?/Bug fixes
  • Old method of direct ROM loading with no reboot, has been restored as a new option called `Quick-start ROM`.
    This is useful, in case if you're thrown back at the DSi/3DS HOME Menu plenty of times, or at a Luma exception screen.
    However, this option will break touch screen input, unless when launching the last-ran ROM outside of DSiMenu++, but the next version of nds-bootstrap will fix the touch issue.
  • An option to enable/disable DSi icon animation has been added! (Disabled by default)
    Disabling the animation will fix some icons appearing as white squares, particularly in the DSiWare list. (suggested by @jerbear64)

Bug fixes
  • Touch screen now works in old DLDI homebrew!
  • If last-ran ROM is (old DLDI) homebrew, it will now use the homebrew bootstrap, instead of the regular one.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing ill have to uninstall my twloader cias... will it keep the same file structure, and work with all my saves? btw thanks for your continued dedication to this project

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can I keep using the dsi menu music I had in TWloader?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New super Mario doesnt work anymore for me it freeze at boostrap loading screen im waiting since fews minutes

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New super Mario doesnt work anymore for me it freeze at boostrap loading screen im waiting since fews minutes
Make sure your ROM is USA, and that USE_ARM7_DONOR is set to 0 in the .ini file, as you'll now need a DS cart in the card slot to use as donor for saving.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im guessing ill have to uninstall my twloader cias... will it keep the same file structure, and work with all my saves? btw thanks for your continued dedication to this project
It will still work with your saves.
Donor ROM support has been removed, as it breaks compatibility with some games. In nds-bootstrap.ini, set USE_ARM7_DONOR to 0, as you'll need a donor cart for some games that can't read saves from SD.
SDK1-2 and some SDK4 games will still read saves from the SD card.
Also, can I keep using the dsi menu music I had in TWloader?
The DSi Menu music is built in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual