Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The Unlaunch installation guide is in the same site as where you installed the DSi exploit.
Unlaunch gives homebrew more privileges, such as Slot-1 access for dumping ROMs, as well as accessing a Slot-1/DS(i) game cartridge's IR features. You can also have it autoboot TWLMenu++ or other homebrew when you turn on your DSi.
Before you install Unlaunch, you need to backup the NAND. The guide for that is also in the same site.
You will encounter a low brick risk when you install Unlaunch.

hiyaCFW is custom firmware where you use the original DSi Menu and it's apps on the SD card instead of the console's NAND.
hiyaCFW is not needed (even for brick protection), as TWiLight Menu++ can do a lot more, while giving the look and feel of the original DSi Menu.
I followed the guide you shared, and I successfully installed unlaunch. I also used a 3rd part tutorial from some youtuber, installed hiyacfw and it looks like this:
IMG_20231110_020707_791.jpg

This is crazy, lol.
But i can access TWLmenu either from this screen or autoboot.
I have some questions...
1 - This DSi XL is not in perfect condition. I bought it with upper screen problem, and I'm trying to transform it into a Macro DSi XL... I know I will need some soldering abilities and a 330 ohm resistor. I also do not need camera anymore in order to go to TWLmenu. So, if I remove the broken upper screen and all of those stuff in there (cameras, speakers, etc) I will still be able to acess camera not to take photos, but to see the photos I already taken? (sorry I know this question is not about TWLmenu, but maybe you know something about it...)
2 - If I set autoboot to dsi system instead of TWLmenu, does have a risk of brick?
3 - I'll be stopping by this question, I know you are a busy guy, also I thank you from everything, all the work on TWLmenu so far since 2017 and sharing it with us. Not only that, u still helping newbies like me, and this is very nice, you are a cool person. Could you explain about my curiousity: what's the difference between gbarunner2 and gbarunner3? (ik gbarunner3 is a future release, but I meant what new things it has? Also, do you know any good video player that plays video on bottom screen? it can be either for flashcard (yes, I own one) or to be runned inside TWLmenu.

Again, thank you ^-^
... and sorry if I'm being so... noob...

Oh, almost forgot... I wanted to ask if it is possible to hide some system folders on windows, because there are so many folders when I access TWLmenu, and I want to keep only GBA folder visible... Thanks :3

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions...
1 - This DSi XL is not in perfect condition. I bought it with upper screen problem, and I'm trying to transform it into a Macro DSi XL... I know I will need some soldering abilities and a 330 ohm resistor. I also do not need camera anymore in order to go to TWLmenu. So, if I remove the broken upper screen and all of those stuff in there (cameras, speakers, etc) I will still be able to acess camera not to take photos, but to see the photos I already taken? (sorry I know this question is not about TWLmenu, but maybe you know something about it...)
2 - If I set autoboot to dsi system instead of TWLmenu, does have a risk of brick?
3 - I'll be stopping by this question, I know you are a busy guy, also I thank you from everything, all the work on TWLmenu so far since 2017 and sharing it with us. Not only that, u still helping newbies like me, and this is very nice, you are a cool person. Could you explain about my curiousity: what's the difference between gbarunner2 and gbarunner3? (ik gbarunner3 is a future release, but I meant what new things it has? Also, do you know any good video player that plays video on bottom screen? it can be either for flashcard (yes, I own one) or to be runned inside TWLmenu.
  1. Yes, you should still be able to view the photos.
  2. No, it does not.
  3. GBARunner3 has improved audio emulation, as well as improved game compatibility for certain games such as Mother 3 to work.
    Also, I don't know of any video players which play on the bottom screen.
Oh, almost forgot... I wanted to ask if it is possible to hide some system folders on windows, because there are so many folders when I access TWLmenu, and I want to keep only GBA folder visible... Thanks :3
Yes. When you hide folders using Windows, they'll be hidden in TWLMenu++ as well. You can hide folders by using TWLMenu++ as well, by pressing the X button, and then the Y button to hide.

Also, I recommend turning on Macro Mode, if you don't want to use the top screen. Macro mode will move some top screen elements to the bottom screen.

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am trying to get asphalt 4 to work on ds lite, i chose two dsi enhanced roms as donor, then when i start asphalt 4 , i still get the message that this a dsi title only. What could i have done wrong here?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: RetrogamingAddict

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my o3ds and it seems like the ds mode screen brightness got lower. Even with it maxed out. What happened?
No idea. Try changing the brightness while the "Return to HOME Menu" message is opened.
Press HOME to open it, then hold either START or SELECT and press Up/Down to change the brightness.

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea. Try changing the brightness while the "Return to HOME Menu" message is opened.
Press HOME to open it, then hold either START or SELECT and press Up/Down to change the brightness.
I tried that and it still is way dimmer than normal before i updated everything

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (ACVE-USA) and I'm getting a consistent and replicable crash in a particular room (game freezes, no audio/movement)

Everything was working fine in the game up until this point.

I've tried setting the +133hz overclock and tried turning on/off a bunch of settings in Twilight Menu - but nothing gets me passed this room.

Anyone have any ideas?

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to use this as primary kernel without dual boot on ds lite with m3ds real sd card adapter?

Would the ndsbootstrap at its current state be more recommended than ysmenu kernel on m3dsreal?

At the moment i use dual boot ysmenu as primary and twilight as secondary.

2k_intentions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (ACVE-USA) and I'm getting a consistent and replicable crash in a particular room (game freezes, no audio/movement)

Everything was working fine in the game up until this point.

I've tried setting the +133hz overclock and tried turning on/off a bunch of settings in Twilight Menu - but nothing gets me passed this room.

Anyone have any ideas?

Which part ? I finished game twice (On DSI and o2ds) and I didn't have any problems / bug

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use this as primary kernel without dual boot on ds lite with m3ds real sd card adapter?
As long as there's an autoboot file for your flashcard, yes.
Would the ndsbootstrap at its current state be more recommended than ysmenu kernel on m3dsreal?
nds-bootstrap still has slightly lower compatibility than flashcard kernels, so no.

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which part ? I finished game twice (On DSI and o2ds) and I didn't have any problems / bug
Using a New 3DS - it routinely crashes on a long corridor room with zombies rising from the floor and a witch floating around on a broom.

If i run through the corridor without attacking anything - i can get through ok. If i kill 1-2 zombies or try to attack the witch then the game hangs... Very strange.

For now I got around it by just zooming through the room without touching anything. :D

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a New 3DS - it routinely crashes on a long corridor room with zombies rising from the floor and a witch floating around on a broom.

If i run through the corridor without attacking anything - i can get through ok. If i kill 1-2 zombies or try to attack the witch then the game hangs... Very strange.

For now I got around it by just zooming through the room without touching anything. :D
Try turning off card read DMA in the per-game settings menu (opened by pressing Y button in TWLMenu++).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu