Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I seem to be having an issue with Alice in Wonderland; is the AP patching actually working on TM++? I'm on the latest version of Twilight Menu++ which includes Anti-Piracy patching in NDSbootstrap by default and I *assume* I'm using a clean dump, however I'm still running into the AP check which makes enemies invincible. I'm trying the EU version (which says it's compatible on the patch list) but haven't tried the US one. Same thing happens in both DS and DSi modes. Anyone got any ideas on how to get around the AP?
Try manually AP-patching the ROM using DS-Scene ROM Tool.
If it fixes the AP issue, then the AP-fix may be replaced in the next version of TWLMenu++.
If the issue persists, then it may be an undocumented AP measure.

Reactions: Tarmfot

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try manually AP-patching the ROM using DS-Scene ROM Tool.
If it fixes the AP issue, then the AP-fix may be replaced in the next version of TWLMenu++.
If the issue persists, then it may be an undocumented AP measure.
It does not work with DS-Scen ROM Tool. However I found a rom that works but only in DS mode (TWL++ says that there are missing binaries).

@JomasterII : look for "4762 - Alice in Wonderland (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) b.nds"

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work with DS-Scen ROM Tool. However I found a rom that works but only in DS mode (TWL++ says that there are missing binaries).

@JomasterII : look for "4762 - Alice in Wonderland (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) b.nds"
It seems the issue only occurs with the European version, and I've found why. The AP-fix which TWLMenu++ bundles is the wrong one supposed to be for a different game (no idea which one though).
The correct AP-fix will be bundled in the next version.

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems the issue only occurs with the European version, and I've found why. The AP-fix which TWLMenu++ bundles is the wrong one supposed to be for a different game (no idea which one though).
Thanks so much, I await with bated breath for the next update.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't "b" stand for "Bad Dump"?
It does.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks so much, I await with bated breath for the next update.
Unfortunately, the corrected AP-fix will not fix the issue, which means there may very well be an undocumented AP measure implemented into the game.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: CrashMidnick

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to get all train parts in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (EUR), so I enabled that cheat. Instead of unlocking the parts it removed my tender weagon and reduces train hearts to 1. So i tried the x99 all treasures x99 cheat instead but that didn't seem to have any effect. Lastly I tried the have all train materials cheat but also no effect noticable.
What am I doing wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get all train parts in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (EUR), so I enabled that cheat. Instead of unlocking the parts it removed my tender weagon and reduces train hearts to 1. So i tried the x99 all treasures x99 cheat instead but that didn't seem to have any effect. Lastly I tried the have all train materials cheat but also no effect noticable.
What am I doing wrong?
Not all cheats work properly.

v25.8.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.8.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.69.0 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• The new Digimon Story: Lost Evolution English translation is now AP-fixed instead of the old one.
  • Corrected AP-fix for Alice in Wonderland (Europe).
    • Does not fix the AP issue.
  • @DieGo367: Allow setting custom color palettes based on user profile color for all paletted graphics (#2137)
  • @Pk11: Allow making the loading screen dark (#2134)
  • @Pk11: Added option to disable alpha blending (#2141)
  • @Pk11: Improved in-game menu hotkey setting menu (#2127)
  • DSi/3DS: Added feature to swap SD cards before TWLMenu++ starts, by holding Right + A.
    • Useful if Unlaunch cannot display TWLMenu++ (as boot.nds), despite the SD card being formatted properly, and if you have another SD card which Unlaunch can display the boot.nds file just fine.
  • @lifehackerhansol: Added M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) autoboot (#2138)

Improvement​

Last edited by RocketRobz,

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I’m curious if anyone else is having an issue launching Pokémon HeartGold and/or SoulSilver, as I noticed that after updating twilight menu on my DSi XL (the previous x-mas update) both games are halted at a red screen, but are fortunately not frozen as they are able to return to the main menu (photo attached).

I’ve done some basic troubleshooting (after updating to the most recent Twilight version) which included replacement of the ROMs with newly downloaded “No Intro” releases, both of which had the same problem on the DSi, but interestingly were able to launch successfully on my 3ds in the most recent version of Twilight, as well as DeSmuME on Mac. In all instances of these tests, the rom files were placed in a new temporary folder in the nds roms directory, and I did not utilize my old save files, hoping to further isolate the issue.

I’m so sorry for the long explanation, and would be so grateful to hear any other troubleshooting suggestions. There’s no urgency to play the games, just curious how to fix them for the future. Thanks so much for all the incredible work on Twilight!

Attachments

• 8F7BC4A2-2A29-4980-8A65-3BDF87007D1C.jpeg
    8F7BC4A2-2A29-4980-8A65-3BDF87007D1C.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 28

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I’m curious if anyone else is having an issue launching Pokémon HeartGold and/or SoulSilver, as I noticed that after updating twilight menu on my DSi XL (the previous x-mas update) both games are halted at a red screen, but are fortunately not frozen as they are able to return to the main menu (photo attached).

I’ve done some basic troubleshooting (after updating to the most recent Twilight version) which included replacement of the ROMs with newly downloaded “No Intro” releases, both of which had the same problem on the DSi, but interestingly were able to launch successfully on my 3ds in the most recent version of Twilight, as well as DeSmuME on Mac. In all instances of these tests, the rom files were placed in a new temporary folder in the nds roms directory, and I did not utilize my old save files, hoping to further isolate the issue.

I’m so sorry for the long explanation, and would be so grateful to hear any other troubleshooting suggestions. There’s no urgency to play the games, just curious how to fix them for the future. Thanks so much for all the incredible work on Twilight!
If you don't have any cheats turned on on DSi, then I have no clue why the crash only occurs there, since they should run the same on both DSi and 3DS.

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats are turned on for other games, but not these two specifically. Are there preference files specific to cheats that I could quarantine? I think I might build a fresh system on the SD and see what goes on. Thanks for the help!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats are turned on for other games, but not these two specifically. Are there preference files specific to cheats that I could quarantine? I think I might build a fresh system on the SD and see what goes on. Thanks for the help!
It's possible certain cheats are still turned on. Open the cheat menu, and press L to ensure all cheats are disabled, and then save.
If the issue persists, then delete "usrcheat.dat" from "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".

Crimson0verlord

The Crimson Øverlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to set a rom as a donor rom. The game i want to play tells me "Please set a different SDK2.0 title as a donor ROM, in order to launch this title." do I need a rom with specifically SDK2.0? and if so is there a list I can reference to find such a rom? I only ask because I've added two DSiWare titles and when I press (Y) on them, there is no option to set as donor rom

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to set a rom as a donor rom. The game i want to play tells me "Please set a different SDK2.0 title as a donor ROM, in order to launch this title." do I need a rom with specifically SDK2.0? and if so is there a list I can reference to find such a rom? I only ask because I've added two DSiWare titles and when I press (Y) on them, there is no option to set as donor rom
No DSiWare ROM is SDK 2.0, as they're only SDK5.x.
To see which ROM is SDK 2.0, open the per-game settings for the ROM to set as donor by pressing Y.

Stez827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open a GBA game on my dsi and save it then reboot my console the save doesn't persist does anyone know why?
Post automatically merged:

When I open a GBA game on my dsi and save it then reboot my console the save doesn't persist does anyone know why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0