Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
"What do you mean? Does opening it cause a white screen crash, or do you not know how to open it?"
Yes.
`BOOTSTRAP` in "TWiLightMenu/settings.ini".
Is it Bootstrap_file or Use_Bootstrap?

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
After trying 15 exact times to launch contra hard corps on my DSi, It worked. Returned to the TWL++, relaunched the game and it didn't work. I've heard that TWL++ is picky but does it have anything to do with .gen files?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one is which? 0 - ? 1 - ?
Use `0` for Release, and `1` for Nightly.
After trying 15 exact times to launch contra hard corps on my DSi, It worked. Returned to the TWL++, relaunched the game and it didn't work. I've heard that TWL++ is picky but does it have anything to do with .gen files?
Sounds like it's an issue with nds-bootstrap itself.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Sorry for being late.
Anyway, the confusing thing is that .gen games are so stubborn they won't even work with release bootstrap. However, DS, GBA, NES, SNES And Gameboy (Color) games work fine. Can anyone tell me what's the source of the problem is? (either nds-bootstrap or TWiLight Menu++)
I Appreciate any answer.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Can I forward non-.nds games? Forwarded DSDoom (I know it's .nds but it's homebrew) when something kinda like this happened to it in TWL++ but everything in TWL++ went on track except for jEnesisDS functionality (which is shocking)

Last edited by Ahmeteled,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being late.
Anyway, the confusing thing is that .gen games are so stubborn they won't even work with release bootstrap. However, DS, GBA, NES, SNES And Gameboy (Color) games work fine. Can anyone tell me what's the source of the problem is? (either nds-bootstrap or TWiLight Menu++)
I Appreciate any answer.
Sounds like it's an issue with nds-bootstrap itself.
Can I forward non-.nds games? Forwarded DSDoom (I know it's .nds but it's homebrew) when something kinda like this happened to it in TWL++ but everything in TWL++ went on track except for jEnesisDS functionality (which is shocking)
You can't.

Reactions: Ahmeteled

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Wish I knew how to code... I'd put sound emulation in picodrive TWL and fix the BG layer glitches in Hard Corps.
All I've got left to say is I sincerely hope someone make my dreams true (atleast fix the BG layer pls dreamman), happy pride month and I'll see you in another thread (I guess)

JiangCF

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you for making twilight menu, i meet a problem with using it.
i can't restart twilight menu with down+l+r+b , if i press theses button together , sometimes it return to homepage of 3ds,sometimes it send Error message.
how can i solve this? i use new 3ds with v0.57.1 bootstrap and v24.8.0 twilight menu++.
waiting for your reply ,thank you!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for making twilight menu, i meet a problem with using it.
i can't restart twilight menu with down+l+r+b , if i press theses button together , sometimes it return to homepage of 3ds,sometimes it send Error message.
how can i solve this? i use new 3ds with v0.57.1 bootstrap and v24.8.0 twilight menu++.
waiting for your reply ,thank you!
How did you install TWLMenu++?

Reactions: Ahmeteled
v24.9.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v24.9.0: TWL Summer Release
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.58.0

What's new?​

• Added AP-fixes for Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (Latin Spanish translation).
  • When detecting rumble, it no longer checks for TIDs of GBA games, in order for custom GBA carts with rumble to work as well.
  • Updated ESRB game list to add more games. (c0645f6)
  • The `External FIRMs and modules` setting in Luma config is now checked before rebooting to widescreen.
    • Make sure Luma is on v11 or later for this to work.
  • The brightness can now be changed in the DS Classic Menu on DS lite consoles!

Improvement​

• @Pk11 and various: Improved translations.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed a long-standing bug where sleep mode would not work and/or cause a crash (with a glitched top screen) after exiting.
    • This is achieved by implementing a custom sleep mode handler, as the one in libnds is bugged.
  • Fixed another long-standing bug where a certain area of RAM gets cleared while using Memory Pit.
    • This allows the complete font set to be loaded without issues in Memory Pit.
  • @lifehackerhansol: The flashcard kernel (Wood, in this case) now uses the correct save file extension (being `.sav` instead of `.nds.sav`).
  • The brightness level on DS lite no longer self-changes while using the flashcard kernel (Wood, in this case) to run games!
  • Fixed AP warning not shown for Mario & Luigi RPG: Siganui Partner (Korea), if AP-fix doesn't exist.
  • DSi-based themes: Fixed crash when opening per-game settings for a DS(i) ROM with no icon.
  • Fixed TWLMenu++ not starting via hiyaCFW, by having Unlaunch start it instead.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v24.9.1 (hotfix)
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.58.1

Bug fix​

• Fixed TWLMenu++ not starting via hiyaCFW, by having Unlaunch start it instead. (For real, this time.)
    • It is still not recommended to have hiyaCFW autostart TWLMenu++, as it takes more time than usual. If you're looking to autoboot TWLMenu++, then set NO BUTTON to TWiLight Menu++ (boot.nds) in Unlaunch options.

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi 👋🏼

I just installed Twilight Menu today on my New 3DS XL, but I can't load up .nds games, they get me back to the Twilight Menu. It might be due to the fact that my 'nds' folder is located on the root of my SD card, and not in the 'roms' folder... What do you think ?

Also, is there a way to play .nds games locally ? I can't do that from the NDS Forwarder, as the connection gets turned off there.

Thank you in advance 🙏🏼

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Twilight Menu today on my New 3DS XL, but I can't load up .nds games, they get me back to the Twilight Menu. It might be due to the fact that my 'nds' folder is located on the root of my SD card, and not in the 'roms' folder... What do you think ?
You should try with other rom dumps, the ones you are using could be corrupted. Also before trying any game, check that it's compatible in the nds-bootstrap compatibility list..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up