Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
v24.8.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.57.1

What's new?
  • @DeadSkullzJr: Added AP-fix for Pokémon: SoothingSilver Version (v1.2.0).
  • DSi theme: Added support for rumble, when moving the cursor!
    • Requires the DS Rumble Pak, Drill Dozer, or WarioWare: Twisted.
  • A message will now appear when attempting to launch a DSiWare title from a flashcard in DS mode on DSi or 3DS consoles.
  • The donor ROM message can no longer be skipped without viewing the second page of it.
  • 3DS theme: Message box now pops up instead of sliding in.
Were you able to fix those dsiware titles that didn't work (using Flipnote as an exploit) , that we talked about (Dr. Mario and the "Absolute" series) and that were giving white screens, crashing the console?
Thank you for your continued dedication to improve your software. :)

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to fix those dsiware titles that didn't work (using Flipnote as an exploit) , that we talked about (Dr. Mario and the "Absolute" series) and that were giving white screens, crashing the console?
Thank you for your continued dedication to improve your software. :)
Yes, I did. Please check previous version changelog(s) for more information.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Good day to whoever is reading :)
I hope you're doing OK!
So, I updated TWiLight Menu++ and felt like playing some "CONTRA: Hard Corps" with the jEnesisDS emulator. But to my shock, it didn't work. Reopening the top screen and relaunching the game from the menu both didn't help. Tried PicoDrive, it hardly emulates the background layers. Is there anyway I could get Hard Corps (and castlevania bloodlines) to work again?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're doing OK!
So, I updated TWiLight Menu++ and felt like playing some "CONTRA: Hard Corps" with the jEnesisDS emulator. But to my shock, it didn't work. Reopening the top screen and relaunching the game from the menu both didn't help. Tried PicoDrive, it hardly emulates the background layers. Is there anyway I could get Hard Corps (and castlevania bloodlines) to work again?
Apparently, there isn't a way to emulate the game properly.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope you're doing OK!
Very strange...🤔
Using jEnesisDS on a flashcart (Ace3DS+) both games work perfectly "out of the box", without even needing to change settings. Why wouldn't they work on TwilightMenu++?

1654012357130.jpg

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to trick it into thinking I'm running it through a flashcart?
That's basically how it works when using a RAM disk.
In the case of launching Genesis ROMs from the console SD with jEnesisDS, a temporary disk drive is created in the console's RAM by nds-bootstrap, in order for the emulator to read it.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I have this "RAMDisk Configuration Utility" program, I know how to make a RAMDisk but what do I name it and where do I put it?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this "RAMDisk Configuration Utility" program, I know how to make a RAMDisk but what do I name it and where do I put it?
I didn't say that you need to make one. I said that it's made by nds-bootstrap, when you launch a Genesis ROM through jEnesisDS via TWLMenu++.
When you launch a Genesis ROM via TWLMenu++, it gets passed to nds-bootstrap. Then nds-bootstrap creates a temporary disk drive in your console's RAM to store the ROM in. After that, jenesisDS starts to read the RAM disk (as if you're using a flashcard), in order for the ROM to be booted.

Reactions: Ahmeteled

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
EDITELED: After a long research with my file-replacing rhapsody, I found out that the problem is with nightly nds-bootstrap (idk which either nds-bootstrap-nightly or hb-nightly). Now the question is; How to let it launch from release (hb) bootstrap?

Last edited by Ahmeteled,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDITELED: After a long research with my file-replacing rhapsody, I found out that the problem is with nightly nds-bootstrap (idk which either nds-bootstrap-nightly or hb-nightly). Now the question is; How to let it launch from release (hb) bootstrap?
Switch "Bootstrap" back to "Release", though this is confusing, since both the current release and nightly builds of nds-bootstrap-hb are supposed to be the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: