Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Thank you very much for implementing the 2 Emulators.
Awesome work @wavemotion :yay:
Works really good on the Flashcards and DS Lite Devices,but awesome on the DSi XL.
Thank you very much.:)

The Report for the GBA native Loading on the DS Lite Devices:

First,good News - success,it works with both Flashcards (R4 SDHC Dual Core 2018 and R4iTT v1.6) and the EZ Flash IV Device.
Games runs,of course,perfect.
Awesome Developement.
(I hope,@Gericom is not disappointed...:()

Second - Depending on the Game it needs up to 1 - 4 Minutes before the Game starts.

- Super Mario Circuit - 64 Seconds
- Castlevania - Circle of Moon - 119 Seconds
- Pokémon Fire Red - 198 Seconds
- Sonic Advance - 121 Seconds
- Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World - 64 Seconds
- Wario Land 4 - 110 Seconds

Roms checked of SRAM Patch needed with GBA Tool Advance 0.7a
I have tried each Game 3 Times,opened/closed the Lid during the Loading Process.

Once they have loaded,they work like 1:1 Original Gamecarts,perfect.:yay:

Did I maybe miss a "Setting" too ?

Thank you.View attachment 237601
Thanks for the report! Glad to hear native GBA loading (finally!) working for EZ-Flash cards!
You don't need to change any settings, if it works fine.

Also, I doubt @Gericom would be disappointed. :P
We're still hoping for GBARunner2 improvements.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

TontonSerge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hellow, I have juste a little problem.

I have DSI rom, properly dumped from a cartridge, and when i launch one of them on twilight menu ++ it says me that the dsi binary are missing, could someone help me pls

TontonSerge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also i tried differents rom from my friends who have dump their, and rom from other website
And i haven't any slot 2 flashcard because they are too expensive for me

igdegoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also how do you put twlmenu on the dsi home screen i think i used to have it a few years ago but its not there anymore

Miyacchi_777

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello! Is it possible to run games at 133mhz on YSMenu? Because when I followed the guide on GitHub (how to install TWLMenu++ on Flashcard) and autoboot my flashcard with TWLMenu++ installed(both on my DSi SD and R4) it just keeps booting on the system's TWLMenu not the R4 but when I replace the R4.dat with YSMenu's it boots normally.
Note: I'm using a Japanese DSi XL with TWLMenu++ and Unlaunch. No CFW.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Is it possible to run games at 133mhz on YSMenu? Because when I followed the guide on GitHub (how to install TWLMenu++ on Flashcard) and autoboot my flashcard with TWLMenu++ installed(both on my DSi SD and R4) it just keeps booting on the system's TWLMenu not the R4 but when I replace the R4.dat with YSMenu's it boots normally.
Note: I'm using a Japanese DSi XL with TWLMenu++ and Unlaunch. No CFW.
You need to set-up TWLMenu++ autoboot on your flashcard, and turn on "Auto-start Slot-1" before launching your flashcard.

Reactions: banjo2

Miyacchi_777

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You need to set-up TWLMenu++ autoboot on your flashcard, and turn on "Auto-start Slot-1" before launching your flashcard.
Thanks for responding! I already did that and I also enabled scfg(?) access but still no good. Though there's a weird thing I noticed when I try to boot my R4 on the select menu, it boots on the system's TWLMenu like before but then when I press the select menu again the theme changes to my R4's TWLMenu theme(dark instead of the system's white) and it shows that there's no cartridge inserted in slot-1.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding! I already did that and I also enabled scfg(?) access but still no good. Though there's a weird thing I noticed when I try to boot my R4 on the select menu, it boots on the system's TWLMenu like before but then when I press the select menu again the theme changes to my R4's TWLMenu theme(dark instead of the system's white) and it shows that there's no cartridge inserted in slot-1.
Check the controls on the first post to see how to switch between the SD and flashcard contents.

Miyacchi_777

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To add something when I launch my R4 card(with TWLMenu installed) on the default dsi launcher it launches completely perfect but without the option to enable TWL mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Check the controls on the first post to see how to switch between the SD and flashcard contents.
Update: Already solved it! Didn't know you need to press a combo button to launch. Thanks!

flyteofheart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if you can make the GBC games loaded through twilightmenu++ on the n3DS XL run on a larger part of the screen? its really tiny in the middle. and yeah I know it might stretch it, but id rather it at least take up the vertical space that it can and then keep the aspect ratio...

Last edited by flyteofheart,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if you can make the GBC games loaded through twilightmenu++ run on a larger part of the screen? its really tiny in the middle. and yeah I know it might stretch it, but id rather it at least take up the vertical space that it can and then keep the aspect ratio...
There's a scaling option in GameYob, and you can find it by touching the touch screen.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Hey again the Widescreen is gone again I followed the directions on https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/Playing-in-Widescreen not working then i delete the old TwlBg.cxi in Luma/ and then generate in TWPatch with X+Start after that went in Twilight menu ++ do setting Misc 4:3 to 9:16 widescreen then load up game stuck in 4:3 mode im still on 16.6.0 updated in November

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc