Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

SirFinesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Just delete the TWLMenu++ apps using FBI, and the `TWiLightMenu` folder in `sd:/_nds/`.

Okay, thank you. It removed TwilightMenu app but this app still remains and I cannot find it in the Titles folder on FBI

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    975.6 KB · Views: 683
Reactions: Alexander1970

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now there's no problem now with saving games, is it?
Because I would like to play dragon quest 5
Played it from start to finish with zero issues other than the introductory video being a bit glitched.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@Robz8 i would like to install moonshell on my n3ds,is it compatible with TwilightMenu++ for SD card users ? if yes can you please explain how to do it

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 i would like to install moonshell on my n3ds,is it compatible with TwilightMenu++ for SD card users ? if yes can you please explain how to do it
Yes. You can use v1.7#, and you install it just like you would, on a flashcard.
You won't be able to play videos with it though.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
do you know of a working video player for the N3DS ?
Gericom's MPEG4 Player for DS and DSi and Robz's Rocket Video Player are both fairly good for DS mode. (For MPEG4 player I think the build in the first post is fairly old, the latest one by me is the latest)

For 3DS mode the n3DS browser's pretty good, but it can't play local files, I don't know of a homebrew player for local videos, but one may exist that I haven't heard of.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know of a working video player for the N3DS ?
Gericom's MPEG4 Player for DS and DSi and Robz's Rocket Video Player are both fairly good for DS mode. (For MPEG4 player I think the build in the first post is fairly old, the latest one by me is the latest)

For 3DS mode the n3DS browser's pretty good, but it can't play local files, I don't know of a homebrew player for local videos, but one may exist that I haven't heard of.
The latest MPEG4Player build will be included in the next TWLMenu++ version.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

i tried your MPEG4 player on N3DS via TwilightMenu++ & i got GURU MEDITATION ERROR

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Did you add the fps filter? If the video was at 24 or 30 fps or so it won't work, it needs to be 24000/1001 or 30000/1001 respectively
is this line correct : 256x144 -vffps=24000/1001"colorspace=space=ycgco

or is it missing something ?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It should be
Code:
256x144 -vf "fps=24000/1001, colorspace=space=ycgco

red text error something about unable to find suitable output format for colorspace

edit:
i removed the " before fps & it's now converting the video,lets hope it works :)

Last edited by satel,
Reactions: banjo2

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It should be
Code:
256x144 -vf "fps=24000/1001, colorspace=space=ycgco

ok after adding the fps filter the video now has picture but sound is still the same. is there any setting for audio that i need to change ?

or do you think the best option to play video's properly on N3DS is via moonshel on R4 card ?

Ora_Iso

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello everybody, i'm newby in here.
can anybody help me?
i have a problem, after running nds game on my sdcard, i cant load my R4i card directly on twilight menu launcher. my device is ndsi LL. sorry for my bad english

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v12.0.0: TWLMenu++ XL/LL edition (Valentine's Day release)

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.29.0.

More AP-fixes, increased game compatibility, new video playing option,
Valentine's Day and 1st 2020 release!
This is...

TWiLight Menu++
XL edition

(or LL edition, if you live in Japan)

What's new?
  • DSi: Added option to switch between Unlaunch and nds-bootstrap for DSiWare booting.
  • (@Pk11) Use actual image size instead of preset sizes for box art.
  • DSi/3DS/Saturn theme: The Quick Menu has become the DS Classic Menu, replacing the SELECT Menu, and shows whatever is inserted in Slot-1 on the top, as well as the last-launched ROM being on the bottom, instead of GBARunner2, and the Manual icon replacing the yellow arrow.
    If you're on a flashcard, then the last-launched ROM will be on the top as always, and GBA mode will be shown on the bottom.
    The DS Classic Menu can be accessed by pressing SELECT, and can be exited by pressing B.
    To switch between SD and flashcard (if compatible with direct access), hold SELECT+UP/DOWN.
  • New AP fixes (from @retrogamefan) added!
    • Digimon Story: Lost Evolution (English translation)
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (USA/Europe)
    • Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (v3.01 English translation)
    • Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (Chinese translation)
    • Jjangguneun Monmallyeo: Won Peulleoseu Won!: Shock Seong Land Daegyeoljeon!! (Korea)
    • Kirby: Mass Attack (USA/Europe)/Atsumete! Kirby (Japan)/Moyeora! Kirby (Korea)
    • Lupin Sansei: Shijou Saidai no Zunousen (English and Italian translations)
    • Magic Cheongkeuwa Mabeobui Seong (Korea)
    • Makeup Princess 2: Princess Life (Korea)
    • Naruto Jilpungjeon: Insuljeongae! Cha-Crash!! (Korea)
    • Tomodachi Collection (Japan) (Rev 0/1) (Fixed by me, to work on nds-bootstrap)
    • Tomodachi Collection (Rev 1) (English translation)
  • A brand new splash screen for TWiLight Menu++ is now in use!
    It consists of neon bars moving, which later form the letters to the app's logo (like in MegaMan X and MegaMan Zero).
    As a Valentine's Day bonus, the BG will be in a different color than the regular blue!
  • The DS splash bell jingle has been added, and will play on your birthday.
  • (@maorninja) Manual: A new cheats page, with a tutorial to make your own.
  • The console select screen on first boot, is now only shown on flashcards running in DSi mode.
  • (@Pk11) Added proper UTF-8 handling.
  • .mp4 files are now shown, and are played with @Gericom's MPEG4Player (included)!
    Instructions to convert video files are in the linked thread.
  • (@Pk11) Acekard theme: You can now hide files.
  • (@Pk11) Hidden Files now use FAT file attributes and no longer loads hidden file information from a .ini file.
  • DSi/3DS: Added option to switch between the `SD Card` and `microSD Card` text.
  • DSi: The DMA ROM read LED can now be changed separate from the regular ROM read LED.
  • Lots of save sizes are now implemented and used, when creating a new .sav file.
  • (@maorninja) Themes can now be set for the DS Classic Menu.
Improvements
  • (@maorninja) To cut down on file size, most .bmp files have been converted to .png files, and both converted and existing ones have been optimized using tinypng.
    The new splash screen also cuts down on file size.
    Existing photos for the DSi theme (sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/) also need to be converted to .png.
  • The codebase is more organized, less repeats.
  • Extended the `DSi binaries missing` message.
  • SEGA Saturn theme: Fixed text placement.
  • The font from the original DS menu, is now used in the DS Classic Menu.
  • (@Pk11) Improved sorting options.
  • Removed the `powered by nds-bootstrap` text, as nds-bootstrap only runs the DS games (and old homebrew) from the SD card (or flashcard, if using B4DS).
Bug fixes
  • The cartridge of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn can now be launched.
  • When launching GBA ROM on flashcard, use DSi/3DS build of GBARunner2, if DSi mode is detected.
  • You can no longer delete or hide the Back/.. folder.
  • (@maorninja) Per-game settings now affects flashcards in the Acekard theme.
  • DSi/3DS/Saturn/R4 theme: Fixed per-game settings not showing for homebrew, if nds-bootstrap (B4DS) is disabled.
  • (@maorninja) Acekard theme: Writing to R4iSDHC's last save is now supported.
  • Chessmaster, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Suikoden: Tierkreis, and Tony Hawk's American Sk8land now work with auto heap shrink.
Known bug
  • For some reason, the inserted game card's banner icon and text isn't shown on 3DS consoles.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok