DS #5294: Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi (Japan)

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
WildArms said:
Yeah man, some people just dont understand, is too obvious for their minds, what if your dog eats the book?, you spill water on it? it get wets when it rains, lose it?
You... can't beat the game then? Do you guys really think someone would sell something like this to the masses? It's a bonus, the same book the MC char has, is like when you brough, dunno, demon souls, and it brough a book with info? Or anything else at all, grownlance 4 pre order bonus, etc
Yeah totally man, this is such a stupid idea and its never even been used before!
/sarc

It appears this game does require the book. And supposedly each rom/book combination is unique, so if someone dumps a diffrent rom, the symbols asked will be diffrent. Don't know if thats been confirmed yet, but its what JewWario said. As far as concerns of it being damaged, true that is possible, and I am sure they will provide a service to buy new manuals if need be. However the pages are supposedly glossy and strong, not like thin bible-paper or cheap crap. Its small, so keep it with the rest of your electronics where it wont get wet if it does rain, or simple put it in a ziplock baggy when not in use. This is also a perfect time for third party accessory makers to sell special book protectors or DS/Book combo carrying cases. It's really not far-fetched at all.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SparkFenix said:
To everyone with the acekard thing

It's because of the rom size, it can be fixed by reflashing your card

I think it's related to the SD card, can't remember how to fix it
Check the AK section or ask

There were some very very specific scenarios where this could happen. It appears to be mostly related to FAT32, cluster sizes and specific brands of microsd cards. In any case you can re-flash the cart using these instructions

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231410&hl=

I think the fix was to re-format the SD card to FAT

raptordio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Crass said:
WildArms said:
Yeah man, some people just dont understand, is too obvious for their minds, what if your dog eats the book?, you spill water on it? it get wets when it rains, lose it?
You... can't beat the game then? Do you guys really think someone would sell something like this to the masses? It's a bonus, the same book the MC char has, is like when you brough, dunno, demon souls, and it brough a book with info? Or anything else at all, grownlance 4 pre order bonus, etc
Yeah totally man, this is such a stupid idea and its never even been used before!
/sarc

It appears this game does require the book. And supposedly each rom/book combination is unique, so if someone dumps a diffrent rom, the symbols asked will be diffrent. Don't know if thats been confirmed yet, but its what JewWario said.

Oh God, another member agreeing to me, it's a miracle haha

There isn't a link that says exatly that, except the last one i posted ,that says that the book is needed to advance.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crass said:
shlong said:
Pablo3DS said:
The is 4 GB ?! MY Micro SD is Only 2GB...

Can some one solution this problem?
Simple, it's 4Gb, not 4GB, therefore being 512MB :3
I predict this will be asked atleast 3 times more before the thread dies down.
Yeah
closedeyes.gif

Disappointing really.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
WildArms said:
/sarc

It appears this game does require the book. And supposedly each rom/book combination is unique, so if someone dumps a diffrent rom, the symbols asked will be diffrent. Don't know if thats been confirmed yet, but its what JewWario said. As far as concerns of it being damaged, true that is possible, and I am sure they will provide a service to buy new manuals if need be. However the pages are supposedly glossy and strong, not like thin bible-paper or cheap crap. Its small, so keep it with the rest of your electronics where it wont get wet if it does rain, or simple put it in a ziplock baggy when not in use. This is also a perfect time for third party accessory makers to sell special book protectors or DS/Book combo carrying cases. It's really not far-fetched at all.

While I know this has been used 'before'. Though I have fond fond memories of my C64, going through the code wheel to play Bard's Tale isn't really one of them
tongue.gif
I think Links had some kind of weird thing too with a red-viewfinder thing, or was that Wing Commander. Yeesh I'm getting old.

BTW Why can't EA just make a god damn regular golf game like Links? Last time I checked, Tiger Woods doesn't shoot golf balls full of fire. Isn't 'realism' the new thing these days, can't we just get a 'realistic' golf game without fireballs, explosions, etc? Just an accurate depiction of a golf course? Is this so hard to do?

Ok rant off
tongue.gif

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the release from a newsgroup, Tried it on the latest R4 Wood 1.19 and also the new DSTT Update. DSTT gives an Error-4 and the R4 plays the intro then the first cut-scene of the game, when it's supposed to go into gameplay the screen just goes black.
frown.gif

I will try Decrypting it and trying on DSTT again but it probably won't work

Edit: Tried the Rom on DeSmuME and it runs properly and goes into game, however it runs really really slow for me.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
While I know this has been used 'before'. Though I have fond fond memories of my C64, going through the code wheel to play Bard's Tale isn't really one of them
tongue.gif
I think Links had some kind of weird thing too with a red-viewfinder thing, or was that Wing Commander. Yeesh I'm getting old.

BTW Why can't EA just make a god damn regular golf game like Links? Last time I checked, Tiger Woods doesn't shoot golf balls full of fire. Isn't 'realism' the new thing these days, can't we just get a 'realistic' golf game without fireballs, explosions, etc? Just an accurate depiction of a golf course? Is this so hard to do?

Ok rant off
tongue.gif
Yeah I agree that a lot of the older style protections were annoying (X-wing and Tie Fighter had the annoying manual look up thing, hated it!). But I really liked the copy protection used in Ultima 7, with its runic language, the book of the Fellow ship and cloth map provided (hmm a lot like Ni No Kuni). It wasn't some jarring thing you had to do every time you started the game, but was incorporated in the gameplay and made it a little more immersive imo. I don't know how extensive Ni No Kunis book protection works, but from the looks of it, it doesn't appear to be the annoying style, but incorporated into the game like Ultima, which is kinda cool imo. We'll have to wait and see tell more info is provided.

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Crass said:
/sarc

(...)

Oh, but i never said it has never been used before, i just said that it would be pretty stupid for a game's ending to depend on a phisical thing that can be subject to any accident. I never said it didnt help for anything.

QUOTE(ryan90 @ Dec 8 2010, 09:29 PM) Got the release from a newsgroup, Tried it on the latest R4 Wood 1.19 and also the new DSTT Update. DSTT gives an Error-4 and the R4 plays the intro then the first cut-scene of the game, when it's supposed to go into gameplay the screen just goes black.
frown.gif

I will try Decrypting it and trying on DSTT again but it probably won't work

Edit: Tried the Rom on DeSmuME and it runs properly and goes into game, however it runs really really slow for me.

Thanks for the info! Aw darn, wood was close enough T.T, have you tried playing with the options? like turning off cheats thing, etc

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I really hope they localise this. The art work is awesome and the book looks cool.
BTW, anyone know what the WiFi is used for? Heard it had monster trading.

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this comes to the states too. I'm a big fan of Level 5. Bigger fan of Studio Ghibli. Add them together and the product is well worth my money.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Well tried decrypting the rom for DSTT and i still got error code =4, on both R4 and DSTT there are no cheats enabled so that wouldn't make a difference.

I don't think it will be too long before a patch gets released though, if it's working on emulators then its likely it will be patched at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo