Hacking Enabling "external FIRMs and modules" makes it so DS games and Twilight menu don't work.

GalileoInsight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to set up the Super Mario 64 DS circle pad patch and in order to do so you have to enable "external FIRMs and modules" but when I do it my 3DS cannot load any DS application, whether that is twilight menu or DSI Wifi settings, they all just stay on a black screen. That is until I disable "external FIRMs and modules" then its all back to normal. I want to install the camera mod but can't since twilight and ds games won't load with the setting on. Anyway how to get it working? Also this is a New 3DS LL from Japan I changed the region of when I was hacking it to USA. Maybe that's what is causing it?

GalileoInsight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to do a new thread for the same topic you posted before. Wait for a reply in the other one.
Sorry. But that thread was for an issue where I thought my 3ds was bricked but it was the external firm setting that was causing it so I'm not worried about my 3ds being bricked. Now it's more about my inability to use patches and cheats on ds games.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry. But that thread was for an issue where I thought my 3ds was bricked but it was the external firm setting that was causing it so I'm not worried about my 3ds being bricked. Now it's more about my inability to use patches and cheats on ds games.
Use the nightly build of twilight menu. If you patching the games yourself make sure to you also patch the anti piracy patch in too. As for the cheats, update the latest cheat database from universal updater .

GalileoInsight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the nightly build of twilight menu. If you patching the games yourself make sure to you also patch the anti piracy patch in too. As for the cheats, update the latest cheat database from universal updater .
Tried all of it but I still can't get DS games to run while enabling "external firms and modules" which means the circle pad patches don't work. I was able to atleast get the cheat options for the circle pad to show up but when i enable them sm64ds just freezes into a white screen.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already did all those steps. Still can't enable "external FIRMs and modules" without bricking ds stuff.
Hold SELECT until you get to the Luma3DS config menu, navigate to "Enable external FIRMs and modules", then save the changes. Alternatively, you can manually edit the config file.

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just ended up with the same problem, but also happening with and without enabling external firms and game patching.

Also ran twfix, following all instructions and in the same situation.

I had not run twpatch recently (and it was working after I had run it). The only ds thing I had done recently was update twilight menu and nds-bootstrap using universal updater. Before that I also connected my 3ds to a hotspot and modified the WiFi setting to play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto