DS #3944: Blood Bowl (Europe)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4ppleseed said:
I'd love to see one of the big X360 American football games like Madden's game engine but presented like Bloodball.

Well there is a 3D version that just came out for PC, and it's coming out on 360 in September.

I'll be grabbing a copy of this for sure.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love NFL Football & most strategy games but when I tried to learn to play the tutorial bored me to death. Football is not meant to be turn based, to slow & boring.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its based on the table top game, which is obviously turn based, deal with it.

and yes, its basically rugby (football for those in the colonies) with weird creatures and where you are allowed to kill other players

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omfg! Blood bowl on the DS! I used to play the board game with my friends and played the PC version tons. Used to love it.
Hopefully the DS version lives up to my old expectations
yaynds.gif

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Killermech said:
Omfg! Blood bowl on the DS! I used to play the board game with my friends and played the PC version tons. Used to love it.
Hopefully the DS version lives up to my old expectations
yaynds.gif

Don't expect much, the touchscreen controls are one of the most atrociously awful ones I've seen on the DS. It's even more infuriating because otherwise it would be a perfect game if they would've just included button controls ( there is -nothing- in the game that wouldn't work that way, AT ALL )

Taylor_Mouse

Trophies
Website
users.telenet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Correct, these controls suck big time, even the zoom function ( L & R button ) sucks

You can use the directional buttons and the Start/Select to quickly quit it !

For the selection of the things on screen there is a terrible precision and a delay on selecting stuff.

The animation is not clear at all ! And the tutorial, yse you guessed it ! It sucks too

This one is deffently a no buy !

T.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yeah, the controls take away a lot from the game. It seems that you have to double click everything and you have to be right on target where you're tapping. The game's pretty unplayable unless they have a mouse peripheral now for the DS.
smileipb2.png

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
elixirdream said:
Orge and Human?
it seems interesting
getting it

I swear Games Workshop had a Warhammer 40k board game called Blood Bowl for a brief time. And the ogre kind of looks like a 40k ogre.

Anyone know if this is anything to do with Warhammer?

Yeah, Blood Bowl is based on the board game by the same name. It's based on the Warhammer universe, using the same races.
Haven't checked the DS version, don't know if I'm going to based on the reportedly shoddy touch-controls. Unless.. Button cheat! Get on that, hackers!

X-Grunger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
CatScam said:
I love NFL Football & most strategy games but when I tried to learn to play the tutorial bored me to death. Football is not meant to be turn based, to slow & boring.
funny, since NFL football looks like turn based to me.

im gonna giv a try, i like turn based/strategy-games and stuff

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice seeing this come to market but it's definitely just one for the fans... and even then, it's not very good unfortunately
frown.gif
Controls definitely are a bit of an issue, and I can't see the tutorial REALLY helping someone who was clueless to the nuances of the tabletop game.

As someone who played the game for years, I found it pretty easy to get into and play. I still wish I could have rotated the game board (if you CAN, i never figured out how) or even give me an alternate game view where you could play top-down. Also, the sound effects are obnoxious. They could have put some effort into some background music instead of just a general crowd noise - and get close to the endzone and everyone starts cheering.... endlessly.... until you score, which could be 3 full turns later.

Player models are tiny, and impossible to tell the differences between at a glance - I kept having to click on all my players to find out who was a lino and who was a blitzer so I knew who had Block. At least the Ogre was recognizable
wink.gif

I really was hoping for better. But, that said, I still may play a few games of this and just plug headphones into the iPod while I play. BloodBowl is still a great game in and of itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?