DS #3728: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (USA)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait till I get my DS and stuff back. Another game :'D

Edit: Apparently, Atlus have explained why there isn't any voice acting in it (from GoNintendo):

QUOTE said:
We fully explored recording English battle voices, but due to technical issues relating to the complexity of the game’s sound design, we were unable to complete our dub. This outcome was much easier to accept in view of the excellent quality of the original Japanese voice work, and we hope fans enjoy the final product. - Atlus’s Aram Jabbari

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is so fun they did a great job not dubbing the voice, and not translating they attacks, Perfect, maybe they should do that for some games like naruto

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
ryukyus said:
This game is so fun they did a great job not dubbing the voice, and not translating they attacks, Perfect, maybe they should do that for some games like naruto

You know that even if you don't like the dubs someone would have eventually undubbed it. It's just that with an English dub you can repeat all the catch phrases with no problem (assuming your English is good) and you'll remember them more easily. One problem with this game not having an English dub is that they didn't include subs for when a battle starts and when a battle ends, and they're usually some kind of joke which will now just fly past you.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snesmaster40 said:
ryukyus said:

You know that even if you don't like the dubs someone would have eventually undubbed it. It's just that with an English dub you can repeat all the catch phrases with no problem (assuming your English is good) and you'll remember them more easily. One problem with this game not having an English dub is that they didn't include subs for when a battle starts and when a battle ends, and they're usually some kind of joke which will now just fly past you.

The slippery slope has started now that fans have won the dub-battle. What's next, fans complaining that they translated all the text into English?

IAmSancho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to Newb up the post, but I got another question. I can't get this to work on my R4, and I am on a Mac. Is there any way for Mac users to get this game to work?

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
snesmaster40 said:
ryukyus said:

I'm all for them not bothering to translate things that are of absolutely no relevance whatsoever, in favour of releasing the game earlier and releasing games more often. I don't care if I don't get to hear, in English, what jokes are made about how the enemy is going to be crushed by tits at the start of the battle and I'm sure a proportion of people don't care either.*snip

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
GreatFox said:
mgsfan said:
the voice overs are gone when they are talking...unlike the jap version which has them in still unless its not working on my cyclo..

It is not your card, Atlus removed voice overs but left before- and afterbattle voices. Even tho, those are still japanese and not subtitled.

Um.... the japanese version of the game only has voices while in-battle, so it makes sense the english version doesnt have them during events

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I so wasn't expecting much out of this game, but the more I play it, the more bad-ass I think it is. The skill system is really cool, and some of the new ones are very entertaining. It's deeper than the first impressions seem to suggest. And the dialogue is perfectly campy. A total keeper for folks who like RPGs with good gameplay without the uber-emo storyline.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, I played the Japanese version to the point where I couldn't play it anymore and now I am really happy that I can know how to do stuff
biggrin.gif

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Man, I so wasn't expecting much out of this game, but the more I play it, the more bad-ass I think it is. The skill system is really cool, and some of the new ones are very entertaining. It's deeper than the first impressions seem to suggest. And the dialogue is perfectly campy. A total keeper for folks who like RPGs with good gameplay without the uber-emo storyline.
BOOBIE-GAEMS 8D

Really loving this as well, surprisingly gripping stuff.

IAmSancho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As am I, I bought it directly from the R4 website. Could the version I have be corrupt? I tried playing it with a DS emulator and the sprites are messed up

Edit: When I boot up the game, I just get duel white screens. I waited a minute but nothing happened.

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
QUOTE said:
due to technical issues relating to the complexity of the game’s sound design, we were unable to complete our dub.
Ooh, its so complex to switch resourses nowadays, you guys wont believe how complex it is to do a couple of mouse clicks and fix some timings in the code. It would literally take years and years ! Riiight.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else enjoying the quirky translation as much as I am?

It has that awkward stilted and not quite smooth feel to it that a lot of older games like legend of dragoon have. It adds a wonderfully nostalgic charm to it.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
due to technical issues relating to the complexity of the game’s sound design, we were unable to complete our dub.
Ooh, its so complex to switch resourses nowadays, you guys wont believe how complex it is to do a couple of mouse clicks and fix some timings in the code. It would literally take years and years ! Riiight.
So why don't you do it if it's so easy?

I pre-ordered this game online a few weeks ago. Hopefully it comes soon. =/

Zeorymer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
That site meta gave us is complete crap. Took me 30 minutes to download, because it was split into 15 parts, then the file couldn't get specified. Thats the biggest middle finger i ever got straight up my face. Why can't they just merge the file before uploading? why split it into 15 different parts and making US merge it
seriously!? it took me about 2 minutes to DL, then about 2 seconds to merge the files. I can never understand why people have such crappy dl times and have problems merging the split files. Maybe with ALL the money you save NOT buying any games, you could afford a better internet connection and a better computer.

BTW, this worked perfect for me.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
sa1amandra said:
That site meta gave us is complete crap. Took me 30 minutes to download, because it was split into 15 parts, then the file couldn't get specified. Thats the biggest middle finger i ever got straight up my face. Why can't they just merge the file before uploading? why split it into 15 different parts and making US merge it

The original scene release is about 18 parts. Split rars is the traditional way for games to be released, and it's for the benefit of people like you with a slow connection so that if your download fails or whatever you can just get the missing parts rather than starting all over again from the start. If you can't cope with split rars without having an adult join them before they put them on your rom site then you probably don't deserve to pirate anything, Ask for the game for your birthday or something instead,

Anyway, gonna give this one a shot. Can't say I'm particularly taken with the world graphics or the grid movement but the actual battles look awesome.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karry said:
QUOTE said:

Yeah, you also wouldn't believe how complex it is to pay a bunch of voice actors to do lines that have no effect on the gameplay just to maybe break even on what you paid to localize the game. Of course, since many of us here are pirating the game, we have every right to complain that Atlus didn't address the fine details.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Alright @Silver