DS #3233: Minna de Jibun no Setsumeisho B gata, A gata, AB gata, O gat

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Dec 30, 2008.

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-4324^^

2. tyuno123

Member tyuno123 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    what is this ? It's genre says its an action game and the boxart looks interesting

3. kesadisan

Member kesadisan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    B? A? AB? O?
    isn't that blood type?
    aren't this is educational software?

4. PineappleH

Member PineappleH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure, but judging from the box art, B, A, AB, and O are all blood types. Should have something to do with that. Blood type determines personality and it's pretty popular in Japan. Wouldn't be surprise if this is some sort of analytic program for personality based on blood types.

5. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    What the hell is with this title? It's worse than Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 1, or Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free, or whatever else you can think of with a long name.

It's the list that does it. There's a reason that it isn't called Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Bowser, Wario, Dry Bones, and Toad Kart.

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Just checked out the official website, and it seems to be a simulation game like The Sims, except that it uses characters based on you and your friends' personalities. You answer a relatively long survey about yourself (65+ questions from what I could see). The game builds some sort of psychological profile based on your blood type and how you answered the questions, and applies it to an avatar that's supposed to represent you. Then your friends do the same thing and build their own avatars. Through download play, you can collect and trade avatars of all your friends, place the avatars into one of several available situations (work, school, leisure, bar), and watch them interact. You can intervene with their interactions and make them do certain things, then watch how the avatars would react to each other.

7. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Haha, on first glance at the boxart I thought it was a mathematical game and the A B AB had to do with the binomial theorem (a²+2ab+b²=(a+b)²). Took a few seconds to figure out these were blood groups. [​IMG]

8. Seicomart

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Blood type determining personality was a claim thrown out long ago, for some reason this myth still pervades in the more air headed in Japan and I believe South Korea.

Might want to read a more current medical textbook...

9. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    I probably won't get around to checking it out, but it seems like an interesting concept. Should be interesting to see how it does in Japan.

Thanks for the very informative recap Densetsu. [​IMG]

10. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    wow, only in japan...

and what is it with long titled Japanese games recently?

it is, indeed, baloney. I have no idea why the idea seems so pervasive in japan

11. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    In Korea there's quite a few people that believe that blood groups do point to a certain personality. In Japan people talk about it but don't tend to believe it as much. You may think it's silly but we're still reading horoscopes aren't we? Just as silly if you ask me.

What I find remarkable is that they decided to go with the order B, A, AB, O instead of A, B, AB, O which would make more sense. B, A, AB, O spells out the Korean word for idiot..haha. I find it hard to believe this wasn't intentional. Maybe it's the same guys that made the sUpeR MaRio GalAxY box-art.

12. Biengo

Newcomer Biengo Member

Japan
    I don't know what makes you say that, but almost all the Japanese people I know strongly believe in blood types determining personality.

13. gbaelink

Member gbaelink GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    What is this game? Blood test? [​IMG]

14. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Yup. Just put a few drops of your blood on the touch screen, and it will tell you all about your personality.

You can also put a hair sample in Slot-2 and learn about your future.

15. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Wonder if it has glucoboy support:
    http://www.glucoboy.com/?page=about

Apologies people, that was bad even by my standards.

On the other hand it appears as though there should be a new internet rule along the lines of Japanese dating games will always get more odd as time goes on.

@Seicomart we still have people believing in Phrenology around here: http://www.phrenology.org/intro20.html

16. Seicomart

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Good point, Fast.

I remember when we were cleaning up the family home in the far north of Hokkaido, there was a magazine with an advert for a range of soft drinks aimed at different blood types.

The whole blood thing stinks of the many right wing ideals that still pervade modern day Japan. I recall going for a medical check up and my doctor asking me "have you slept with any foreigners recently, there has been an increase in AIDs recently, if you play around, better stick to Japanese women" this, right in front of the wife (!).

Even blood going back many generations is considered tainted by many, a friend who is burakamin had his mortgage application refused, for example.

Ignorance abounds in society these days, even more so on-line and amongst youth. Just look at the use of the swastika, nazi imagery, Stalin posters etc.

Rant over, off to do something more constructive, the end of year tidy up!

17. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    It's not much different from the Western idea of the Zodiac and horoscopes. Although, it seems that there are more Japanese who buy into the blood type thing than there are Americans who fall for horoscopes. Why anyone believes any of it (blood type and horoscopes) is beyond me.

*EDIT*
    I posted this right before reading Glacius0's post about horoscopes [​IMG]

18. xanth

Member xanth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually did find out my blood type before I went to Japan just for curiosity's sake (since a bunch of Japanese kids in the states had asked me in the past). A+, so I guess I would be sitting quietly in a corner with my DS, watching my avatar sit quietly in a corner with his DS, if blood type personalities are supposed to be believed.

Brings a new meaning to meta-gaming if it's accurate. [​IMG]

19. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well we discussed it recently in Korean class. There's around 7 Japanese people and one Korean teacher. All the Japanese people agreed that it wasn't to be taken too seriously... but I guess it depends on age group.. and people that go abroad are also often a little more open-minded.

20. 3n3a4

Newcomer 3n3a4 Member

Bahamas, The
    you can also take spem instead of blood on the touch screen. Than wait a week and you have a DSi [​IMG]