WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very happy for these release, I love the Bubble Bobble! Stylus mode is a bit pointless but then I havent really tried, been playing mostly with the dpad. A question though, why do jap releases have english and japanese mixed into a game? I find this odd, yet helpful and leaning toward my favor!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hah, I wish I knew, WeaponX.

It never makes any sense - you play a game chock full of Japanese text at every turn, but the menus are in English .. or conversely the important game text is in English but the menus are in Japanese.

I've never understood why that's done, perhaps someone can enlighten us.

..and hey, let us know how the stylus mode is, something tells me Puzzle Bobble could be a lot of fun with a stylus.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The whole Japanese/English thing in videogame makes me wonder as well. But I remember see a video game documentary AGES ago where they interviewed (I think) the creator of Resident Evil mentioned that a lot of games in Japan are featuring english voice acting and Japanese subtitles because it's "cool". Pity it wouldn't work in the west.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still does not explain the text in English for menus, having voice done with subs means everyone could understand but having half english and half japanese just is mind boggling. For example Mushihimesama's menu has the left side of the screen (the options like how many lives) in Japanese but the answers are in English? Anyway so about this game, well it seems "stylus mode" is more than just using the stylus to toss your balls.
biggrin.gif
In stylus mode you can still aim and shoot traditionally oy do so with the stylus, but you can also now reserve power balls and then select them with either the buttons, your styus or your thumb! Interesting enough you can also turn of the top, the bottom or both backlit screens, I believe this is the first to offer that but I could be wrong as I don't play alot of games lately. Missing is the option to play across both screens which would most likely suck do to the gap but the option never hurts. Best game of 06
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5