DraStic DS Emulator on Android is now free to download, will be taken down soon

DraStic_new.png

Exophase, the developer of the DraStic Nintendo DS emulator, has made a statement regarding the future of the emulator. DraStic has been a popular closed-source DS emulator on Android that has been available for many years. However, following the fallout from both Yuzu and Citra emulator's situations, Exophase has decided to take DraStic off of the Google Play Store. According to them, DraStic was already going to be pulled from the Google Play Store, regardless of current events, but that things made the issue, "more urgent".

exophase.png

Before the app gets delisted, Exophase has made DraStic free to download, when it had previously cost $4.99 to buy. They plan on eventually releasing the source code for the emulator as well. You can grab DraStic DS Emulator from the Google Play Store here.

:arrow: Source: The Verge

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i see thats 1 sad news and 2 GOOD ones

Its a shame DraStic will be taken off PlayStore but thankfully (and hopefully :unsure:) he will release the source-code.

I always get super hyped up when an emulator release its source code to everyone, I remember when CEMU and Vita3k done this i was happy af
Post automatically merged:

We always have MelonDS :)
Fun fact, the latest version of MelonDS (om Android at least) they implemented Retro Achievements support, but still only for normal cheevos and not hardcore ones

Drastic times call for DraStic measures.
Oof, that got me:rofl2::rofl2:

:wtf::wtf:Doubt drastic was receiving any updates lately? He's just being weak and using this as excuse to drop development.
The latest DraStic update was literally a year ago:blink:
1000084455.jpg

Last edited by Quore,

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
My go-to app that I currently use to backup apk's is called "Super Backup Pro v2.2.56 build 131". Just Google it and it's self-explanatory how to use it.
I'm not sure if I got the right app but it returned me an .apks file, something I never saw online (couldn't install it as is)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Exophase, the developer of the DraStic Nintendo DS emulator, has made a statement regarding the future of the emulator. DraStic has been a popular closed-source DS emulator on Android that has been available for many years. However, following the fallout from both Yuzu and Citra emulator's situations, Exophase has decided to take DraStic off of the Google Play Store. According to them, DraStic was already going to be pulled from the Google Play Store, regardless of current events, but that things made the issue, "more urgent".

Before the app gets delisted, Exophase has made DraStic free to download, when it had previously cost $4.99 to buy. They plan on eventually releasing the source code for the emulator as well. You can grab DraStic DS Emulator from the Google Play Store here.

:arrow: Source: The Verge
Big N fing with everything.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sending tips and whatnots to an emulator dev? I get that. But paying, like actually purchasing an emulator? Fucking christ, NEVER.

No I disagree… and this is why we never have something and the good things we do have we don’t have anymore….
When someone is making no money from something it will not really be desire of the emulator will get abandoned. When someone is making a good amount of money from something the big corporations will shut them down.

If you guys not noticed this whole YUZU thing is going to make others jump ship. These guys not going to be risking their neck out for people sorry.

It looks like the beginning of the end

Reactions: impeeza

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drastic going open source is an absolute win
The more emulators, the better, and certainly Drastic is up there as one of the best alongside melonDS.

Hope this allows it to come to RA soon enough.
It's not going open source though. It remains closed source but it will be free on gplay.
I wish it was open source but I bet it would've been taken down a lot soone, the devs must have somethin to hide

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
....and at the end of the Day,we have nothing left....

Bravo,Nintendo - THAT´S the Way you have to make ist...bravo.😡
Fucking Company.....You have done it overnight,on my List you have overruled Disney as the shittiest Company worldwide...

New Order:

- Nintendo
- Disney
- LEGO

Reactions: Henx

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
....and at the end of the Day,we have nothing left....

Bravo,Nintendo - THAT´S the Way you have to make ist...bravo.😡
Fucking Company.....You have done it overnight,on my List you have overruled Disney as the shittiest Company worldwide...

New Order:

- Nintendo
- Disney
- LEGO
You have to add to the list Doritos Spain! believe me.

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Something I've noticed with these "Wah wha, Nintendo won! Wah wah!" is that Nintendo tends to do these when they're planning to release something alike themselves.

Allow me to elaborate:
  • Another Metroid Remake, got taken down, months before Nintendo announced a proper 3DS remake of Return of Samus.
  • Went after rom sites months before releasing the "virtual console" in the Switch.

My guess is that, why wait this long to take down a Switch emulator?
    Well, according to tradition, I'm guessing that Nintendo is planning to emulate Switch with their new console.
The designer of Wapeach had made his account private and deleted all posts of Wapeach last year which I bet is sometime before Princess Peach showtime properly revealed the antagonist of that game to be a purple wearing antagonist to Princess Peach (named Grape, by the way).
I do feel like this is definitely underhanded in a cowardly way of Nintendo to go after people and products they think would threaten their next upcoming product or undermine them in any fashion (some suspect Project M was shut down because Nintendo was beginning development on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate around that time). That they didn't go after Citra or the Wii U emulator which were both released towards the end of the consoles' lifespans and wouldn't impact Nintendo so much seems more proof of this tactic.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The designer of Wapeach had made his account private and deleted all posts of Wapeach last year which I bet is sometime before Princess Peach showtime properly revealed the antagonist of that game to be a purple wearing antagonist to Princess Peach (named Grape, by the way).
I do feel like this is definitely underhanded in a cowardly way of Nintendo to go after people and products they think would threaten their next upcoming product or undermine them in any fashion (some suspect Project M was shut down because Nintendo was beginning development on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate around that time). That they didn't go after Citra or the Wii U emulator which were both released towards the end of the consoles' lifespans and wouldn't impact Nintendo so much seems more proof of this tactic.
I think I've said this before... but a hackeable console equals more consoles sold as it attracts people.
It's no coincidence they're not going after emulators when they're fisrt released, because again, equals more consoles sold and Nintendo likes that.

I didn't knew about the Wapeach thing, but yeah, I forgot about Project M and yes, it's another example of Nintendo going after things/projects that they think will damage their brand.

It makes sense, no?

Reactions: Henx

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I've said this before... but a hackeable console equals more consoles sold as it attracts people.
It's no coincidence they're not going after emulators when they're fisrt released, because again, equals more consoles sold and Nintendo likes that.

I didn't knew about the Wapeach thing, but yeah, I forgot about Project M and yes, it's another example of Nintendo going after things/projects that they think will damage their brand.

It makes sense, no?
I do now see that Grape was revealed in September last year while Wapeach was revealed in December not too long after, but I suppose my point still stands in that anything they think will detract or undermine their own products or brand/image is taken down. Project M I believe ended in December 2015 (the same month Bayonetta was revealed before her release in February 2016), and Sakurai himself said that Ultimate's development started almost right after Smash 4's development ended with Bayonetta's release.

Last edited by Blue Sun,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.