PS2 emulator AetherSX2 removed from Google Play Store

unnamed.png

The highly controversial PlayStation 2 emulator for Android devices, AetherSX2, has been removed from the Google Play Store starting from March 10th, 2024.

This doesn't come as a surprise for many, though, as the AetherSX2 emulator halted development entirely back in 2023, with the developer specifically mentioning the "neverending impersonating, complaints, demands, and now death threats". Although, it took almost a year for the actual emulator app to be taken down from the Play Store, following the discontinuation of the project.

While AetherSX2 has suspended development a long time ago, and the Play Store will no longer offer the emulator, there's currently a community effort put into patching certain the latest available AetherSX2 version into a better and more developed application, following the original creator stepping down from the project. This new version is titled "NetherSX2", and has been going strong for the past year for those still seeking to have a followup to the AetherSX2 project.

:arrow: Source

Ducolamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this project already dead? The archive has been mirrored and I only use that version now anyways. I doubt anyone would want to use the latest version with ads. LOL
If NetherSX2 could work something out, I think it would be great, but since the project wasn't open source it'll be awhile before anything happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto