DragonMMC - TriNAND, TriSD, Solderless Internal Payload Injector / Kickstand

DragonMMC replaces the stock MicroSD and NAND boards, and adds a slide switch to choose between up to 3 MicroSD cards/NAND modules. This slide switch protrudes slightly from the original MicroSD card slot, while a replacement kickstand houses 3 MicroSD card slots. Installation does not require soldering, but will require some disassembly of your Switch. All required tools will be included. Removal of the heat shield is currently required. Addons for the DMMC are planned, including fully internal Bluetooth audio streaming, and you can easily make your own thanks to the expansion connector and solderless USB passthrough. (Note that the DMMC itself has no USB capabilities and only passes the USB lines to the expansion connector.)

DragonMMC is modular, with 3 NAND module slots available. An adapter module for the OEM NAND is included. Extra NAND modules of 64GB and 256GB will be available on the web store. The modules are snap-in and do not require soldering. An MCU handles NAND module and MicroSD card detection, as well as safe switching. The slide switch can be moved at any time to change the desired NAND module and MicroSD card. A restart or power cycle of the console will be required to enact the changes. If the selected MicroSD slot or NAND module is empty, DragonMMC will look for the next populated slot and enable it instead.

DragonMMC will be based on the ESP32-PICO microcontroller. More info to come soon!

Last edited by MatinatorX,

Dvallin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible you could include a feature which electrically disconnects the antennas for WiFi/Bluetooth/literally anything when not using the OEM NAND? That way they don’t even get power and can’t even talk to other consoles when there’s something suspicious on the NAND.

Also, a slightly less simple idea, a little bit of firmware which gets injected into the Switch and runs entirely from RAM and helps make clean dumps of the OEM nand, for updating firmware on dirty NANDs.

JToro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@MatinatorX unsure if you happen to be in the Vancouver area. But when you come closer to having them made, if you need to test on switches I have 2 and happy to buy the tech and bring you my switches to test on.

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Things are happening again! More news soon. (Unless @Adran_Marit beats me to it.) :P
IMG_20200313_203848.jpg IMG_20200313_233244.jpg IMG_20200308_225249.jpg

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
could the sx core/ sx core lite be integrated into the chip as aio solution? If it comes out?

There aren't currently any plans to support ipatched consoles, sorry, for more information and updates follow the discord

edit: fixed my tired brains derp

Last edited by Adran_Marit, , Reason: fixed my tired brains derp

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So if I get this one, can I still use the normal NAND (upgraded to 256gb). Do you have any planned prices for the NAND boards you would sell? I hope it's close to the 256 gb NAND board.

Last edited by fvig2001,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if I get this one, can I still use the normal NAND (upgraded to 256gb). Do you have any planned prices for the NAND boards you would sell? I hope it's close to the 256 gb NAND board.

from what i understand it plugs into the nand and sd card modules and u insert the nand chips on it. and yes each of them can only be up to 256GB each

Last edited by pcwizard7,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ugh, so I guess I can't use this with my Switches since they're all 256gb and I'm not tiny soldering guy. Well I might consider this for a 4th switch I guess... lol but I will probably be better of using the 3rd Switch for Linux/Lakka and a 4th for just Android

Last edited by fvig2001,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ugh, so I guess I can't use this with my Switches since they're all 256gb and I'm not tiny soldering guy. Well I might consider this for a 4th switch I guess... lol

no i m saying you place your 256GB flash on this board then plug this board into flash module of the switch

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ah so there's a pass through option. I'll wait for the prices of the NANDs and the project itself. Hopefully they will still push through with the trinket portion.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah so there's a pass through option. I'll wait for the prices of the NANDs and the project itself. Hopefully they will still push through with the trinket portion.

the idea of this so you can have multi nands chips and sd cards in one console so u could have HOS, Android and Linux on their own flashchip. and you can swap between them at boot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o