Y2JosHBK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
proof or your trolling

first off, I wouldn't know how to prove it to some random kid on the internet. Second, I don't care what you think as I'm just here to discuss the game with those who do have it, and third, if you really want it, do a damn google search it, i'm not your baby sitter. Drink Sprite and play again dude, I'll be too busy playing DQ for me to care about your insults

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Y2JosHBK said:
QUOTE said:
proof or your trolling

first off, I wouldn't know how to prove it to some random kid on the internet. Second, I don't care what you think as I'm just here to discuss the game with those who do have it, and third, if you really want it, do a damn google search it, i'm not your baby sitter. Drink Sprite and play again dude, I'll be too busy playing DQ for me to care about your insults

Let me ask; was the release you found labeled as a dump by VENOM? If so, it's fake. Did you have to fill out a survey? It's fake. Did you get it from a youtube video or the like dated back to January? It's fake. There is no scene release yet.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WiKiLEAK said:
Densetsu3000 said:
Meh, having played the Japanese version when it came out, and now going through the US version, I can say that DQV is my favorite.
GeekyGuy said:
So, it's already begun for this game, eh? All this other great shit we have to play, and folks are already bursting at the seams for the next thing. And I guaran-fucking-tee you as soon as it's release and patched, people will fucking forget about it. 'Tis a shame, really. Too much sugar, and the shit just never tastes sweet anymore.
Yep, that's about right.

But that's not to say DQVI isn't awesome. I love it, but I don't know if it's worth all this hype.
Can you Dump the Game ??? There's a guide on how to do it here some where.
I'd love to, but the only means I have available to dump the ROM is Wi-Fi, and for some reason I can't get it to work. I tried to dump a different game a long time ago, but with no success. I think (and this is just a guess) the problem might have something to do with the fact that my network uses WPA and not WEP. It's not worth changing my settings and dumping it, which I heard takes hours via Wi-Fi. All the effort of dumping, uploading and somehow distributing the link without breaking any rules seems like a lot of trouble for something that will only benefit a few people and will be overshadowed by an official scene release within a short time. I keep thinking that an official dump by one of the release groups could surface any time now.

Surely I'm not the only person on this entire forum who owns a physical retail copy of the game?

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y2JosHBK said:
QUOTE said:
proof or your trolling

Something you have to understand is that there three things what you're playing right now could be. 1) Fake, 2) The fan translation by The Grinch, which isn't bad but not what we're looking for, or 3) an early scene release. So understand that his concern is very real; you could be trolling, you could be playing a fan patch, or you could be playing the real thing.

Which is why, in this case, telling someone to Google it is worthless. Note the websites giving a fake out after telling to fill a survey.

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Densetsu3000 said:
Meh, having played the Japanese version when it came out, and now going through the US version, I can say that DQV is my favorite.
GeekyGuy said:
So, it's already begun for this game, eh? All this other great shit we have to play, and folks are already bursting at the seams for the next thing. And I guaran-fucking-tee you as soon as it's release and patched, people will fucking forget about it. 'Tis a shame, really. Too much sugar, and the shit just never tastes sweet anymore.
Yep, that's about right.

But that's not to say DQVI isn't awesome. I love it, but I don't know if it's worth all this hype.
I'd love to, but the only means I have available to dump the ROM is Wi-Fi, and for some reason I can't get it to work. I tried to dump a different game a long time ago, but with no success. I think (and this is just a guess) the problem might have something to do with the fact that my network uses WPA and not WEP. It's not worth changing my settings and dumping it, which I heard takes hours via Wi-Fi. All the effort of dumping, uploading and somehow distributing the link without breaking any rules seems like a lot of trouble for something that will only benefit a few people and will be overshadowed by an official scene release within a short time. I keep thinking that an official dump by one of the release groups could surface any time now.

Surely I'm not the only person on this entire forum who owns a physical retail copy of the game?

There's two of you who has a physical copy around here AFAIK. The other guy said, he has the slime plushie too.
But i doubt he'll dump it. So yeah.

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Densetsu3000 said:
GeekyGuy said:
Yep, that's about right.

I do. But I'm too busy enjoying my hard earned bought game to share. Sorry guys. No hard feelings.

Y2JosHBK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Let me ask; was the release you found labeled as a dump by VENOM? If so, it's fake. Did you have to fill out a survey? It's fake. Did you get it from a youtube video or the like dated back to January? It's fake. There is no scene release yet.

No. It didn't have Venom. It is labeled ugly as in the s's are 5's and you have to go into the extension and manually change the .nd5 to .nds. I didn't have to fill out a survey, it was on mediafire

QUOTE said:
Something you have to understaavnd is that there three things what you're playing right now could be. 1) Fake, 2) The fan translation by The Grinch, which isn't bad but not what we're looking for, or 3) an early scene release. So understand that his concern is very real; you could be trolling, you could be playing a fan patch, or you could be playing the real thing.

It definitly isn't fake as it works on my flashcard. If i s a fa translation, it is a damn good one as it seems very legit to me. don't see signs of it having a translaton patch

Which is why, in this case, telling someone to Google it is worthless. Note the websites giving a fake out after telling to fill a survey.

I didn't fill out a survey. I would link you but that is agaist ToS. I suggest looking through Mediafire

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
demitrius said:
Densetsu3000 said:
I do. But I'm too busy enjoying my hard earned bought game to share. Sorry guys. No hard feelings.
Were you at the Horii signing in Palo Alto, CA? Or did you just buy it when it was released yesterday?

Exhumed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a crappy day. Would be so nice to chill with DQ6 right now. Chances of it appearing right now are pretty slim, though.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Y2JosHBK said:
QUOTE said:

No. It didn't have Venom. It is labeled ugly as in the s's are 5's and you have to go into the extension and manually change the .nd5 to .nds. I didn't have to fill out a survey, it was on mediafire

Oh, yeah, you have the fan translation. I can pretty much guarantee where that came from. It's a great translation, came out right around Christmas. It isn't 100% complete though (gets messy towards the end I guess, the translator said it though).

advoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked it up today at Gamestop. I haven't ever dumped a ROM but I also do not want to open my game. For some sick twisted reason I want to keep it sealed along with my Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest IX. I shall suffer along with the rest of you waiting for the game to be released.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
advoe said:
I picked it up today at Gamestop. I haven't ever dumped a ROM but I also do not want to open my game. For some sick twisted reason I want to keep it sealed along with my Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest IX. I shall suffer along with the rest of you waiting for the game to be released.

That is valiant in some strange and twisted way.

D

Deleted User

advoe said:

lol, do you have a shelf of unopened games? picturessss!

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Y2JosHBK said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEWhich is why, in this case, telling someone to Google it is worthless. Note the websites giving a fake out after telling to fill a survey.

I didn't fill out a survey. I would link you but that is agaist ToS. I suggest looking through Mediafire
I only know of a place that does such a thing ( and i think their are the only one, i've been to a lot of site and this site i'm talking about seems to be the only one who does that ) and they don't have it yet.

Wasn't it easier to copy-paste the name of the rom file instead of saying that it was named ugly and with various 5s for sss ???

For example, for me it will be easier to copy and paste something like this : M070_R4C3R_D5_3UR_MUL715_CL34N.ND5

They are usually spread to Spanish Speaking roms sites, and to a lesser extension pinoy's one too.

advoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand my motives all the time but the only two unopened games I have are Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest IX. I wanted a Dragon Quest V but forgot to buy it and then it was to late due to their limited numbers.

Plus, its so much better to have all the games on a single flash card because you can switch to play the others and not have to worry about the actual cart. Also, you can backup your save files to a hard drive in case something happens. That might be my paranoia from growing up with NES and SNES games that liked to reset saves at random.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: