Hacking Dragon Quest: Hand of The Heavenly Bride (E/U) Protection Bypass

badz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
M3/Sakura User here...
Tried the DSATM trick and it work like a charm... Problem now no cheat is working on the cheat settings (solution... add it on the DSATM hehehe)

@Grink
Check if the TRAINER option is ON.

If only there was a code just like in Chrono Trigger...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
How did the Sakura users get it to work? I'm just suck on the boat.. :S

Trying DSATM but for any other Rom I've needed it for my end result is normally 'File' and not an nds file
I use Sakura and I got it to work perfectly. I patched it using this.

1. Put all 4 files (dq5fix.bat, dq5fix.xdb, xdelta3.0u.x86-32 and the ROM) into the same folder.
2. Rename the ROM to "b-dqhothb.nds" or the patch won't detect the ROM in the folder.
3. Run the batch file, wait for it to do its thing, then press any key when it tells you to. You should find a new, patched ROM inside the folder.

Alternatively, you can just download the ROM with the patch already applied.

*EDIT*
It works almost perfectly. If you use RTS in Sakura and then try to enter a different area of the game, it'll go into two black screens. If you reset the DS and reload a normal save (not an RT save), it'll work fine again. The solution: just don't use RTS.

GaresTaylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on other boards that all cheats seem to be hosing the game when used?

I was told that when utilizing a cheat like max gold for example...

"If you activate any code, and try to save, your save will be bugged, precisely, the save will start back from the prologue, but keep all your items and gold."

Can anyone confirm this?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, I tried saving at the world map with a quick save after I alighted from the ship. And I got back to the prologue. Is it normal?

Used with narin's anti piracy code under YSmenu on an R4
dry.gif

Tempus35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i am hearing alot about people having issues with the CylcoDS with DQ V. I own one and have been using it to play DQ V, I edited the userevocheat file so I had the piracy code in and have been playing the game fine. I haven't had one of the glitches I have read about, in fact I am some 4 hours in and still nothing is wrong.

Tyralyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tempus35 said:
Ok so i am hearing alot about people having issues with the CylcoDS with DQ V. I own one and have been using it to play DQ V, I edited the userevocheat file so I had the piracy code in and have been playing the game fine. I haven't had one of the glitches I have read about, in fact I am some 4 hours in and still nothing is wrong.
Are you using the Bahamut release? I'm wondering if that's what's causing it. Someone in the Cyclo forums said he had done his own dump of the game and that he had no problems.

Towa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tyralyon said:
Tempus35 said:
Are you using the Bahamut release? I'm wondering if that's what's causing it. Someone in the Cyclo forums said he had done his own dump of the game and that he had no problems.
So now I also have the problem with the guy under the rock who reapears all the time and the bug that saving the game in a church freeze the game.

Are there any other DQ5 roms out than the Bahamut one. I dont want links if there are other roms I just want to know.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Nintendude92 said:
How did the Sakura users get it to work? I'm just suck on the boat.. :S

Trying DSATM but for any other Rom I've needed it for my end result is normally 'File' and not an nds file
I use Sakura and I got it to work perfectly. I patched it using this.

1. Put all 4 files (dq5fix.bat, dq5fix.xdb, xdelta3.0u.x86-32 and the ROM) into the same folder.
2. Rename the ROM to "b-dqhothb.nds" or the patch won't detect the ROM in the folder.
3. Run the batch file, wait for it to do its thing, then press any key when it tells you to. You should find a new, patched ROM inside the folder.

Alternatively, you can just download the ROM with the patch already applied.

*EDIT*
It works almost perfectly. If you use RTS in Sakura and then try to enter a different area of the game, it'll go into two black screens. If you reset the DS and reload a normal save (not an RT save), it'll work fine again. The solution: just don't use RTS.
Hey, thanks for your help and tip. I was able to sniff out a fixed rom.

Also decided to try the patch you used it to confirm it works.

mantendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tyralyon said:
Tempus35 said:

I'm using a CycloDS evo ver.1.53, and i'm having no problems whatsoever.. I used Narin's updated user.evocheats.zip file and put it in my CycloDS folder from my microSD card.
Yes I am using the Bahamut (E) release.

Towa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mantendo said:
Tyralyon said:
Tempus35 said:

I'm using a CycloDS evo ver.1.53, and i'm having no problems whatsoever.. I used Narin's updated user.evocheats.zip file and put it in my CycloDS folder from my microSD card.
Yes I am using the Bahamut (E) release.

Yeah it works!
I only install the 1.53 version on my DS because I only had the 1.41 version, load my save in the first town befor you go in the cave to save the guy under the rock and after I save the guy he didn´t came back under the rock. Also I was able to save without freezzing in the church.

Well I guess to play the game without bugs you just have to install the 1.53 firmware.

hbootsman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anybody got this working on a supercard DSone? I did the bypass cheat, and it gets me off the ship but when i enter the first dungeon in the first town at the start of the game i get 2 black screens.

Running the latest firmare for supercard dsone, any help would make me super happy ^^

Gladhove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please forgive my newbishness, but...

I am using DSTT and I have NO idea what to do with this information. I went to the cheat tutorial linked in the OP, but I don't even know what program the poster is showing screenshots for (not to mention that half the images are missing).

Does this cheat even work with DSTT, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

phobia42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope someone can help me with this. I am using an EDGE card, version 1.43. I have the European version of DQV (Game ID YV5P 9D159278). I am using "02_16_09_EDGEcheats.DAT.zip", which has the Bypass Hack as one of the codes. When I start the game with the code enabled, I get to the ship, talk to the captain, and when I leave his room, nothing happens. I just walk around forever. I have been researching this for hours, tried a lot of different fixes, and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
phobia42 said:
Hope someone can help me with this. I am using an EDGE card, version 1.43. I have the European version of DQV (Game ID YV5P 9D159278). I am using "02_16_09_EDGEcheats.DAT.zip", which has the Bypass Hack as one of the codes. When I start the game with the code enabled, I get to the ship, talk to the captain, and when I leave his room, nothing happens. I just walk around forever. I have been researching this for hours, tried a lot of different fixes, and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

? what do u mean, i was able to play this game perfectly, anyway get the cheat.dat and make sure that the bypass is the same as the one on the front page

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i had something happen
using a CycloDS, 1.43 FW
the game "reset" all the events (so i am it the very start, on the boat)
but
i have the cat and all item

i just did the the part where you make spring come,

when i whet to save (afer you get back to town) saved, no keys work(at the "do you want to quit" message) after that, I
powerd off,
load back at the VERY start of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto