Hacking Dragon Quest: Hand of The Heavenly Bride (E/U) Protection Bypass

Elminster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi, i have some problem.
It's impoossible to patch game with DSATM 433 because crash on win xp and with DSATM 20 the only thing i have obtained its a folder named x.
Someone has a link of m3 version of file or a savegame after the ship?
Exist another program like DSATM for patching?
Thank you.

Arn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elminster said:
Hi, i have some problem.
It's impoossible to patch game with DSATM 433 because crash on win xp and with DSATM 20 the only thing i have obtained its a folder named x.
Someone has a link of m3 version of file or a savegame after the ship?
Exist another program like DSATM for patching?
Thank you.

Hello,
you can use this : http://thug.gbatemp.net/Dragon_Quest_The_H...FIX_NDS-iND.zip
just put your rom in the same folder and launch the bat.

It works for me to pass the boat.

But after my save is always corrupted, when i restart the ds, it loop on the start screen i can't load savegame.

I'm using m3 sakura

Elminster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Arn said:
Hello,
you can use this : http://thug.gbatemp.net/Dragon_Quest_The_H...FIX_NDS-iND.zip
just put your rom in the same folder and launch the bat.

It works for me to pass the boat.

But after my save is always corrupted, when i restart the ds, it loop on the start screen i can't load savegame.

I'm using m3 sakura

Ok i've patched this game correctly and WORKS.

Unknown Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question. I am using my R4DS with firmware 1.18. I patched my copy of Dragon Quest V with DSATM and it works perfectly. I read on Scorpei.com wiki on the R4 compatibility list that i need to arm7 patch the game for it to work on firmware 1.18. My question is do i still need to patch it? It can get of the boat and i can save in the church and on the map without any problems. Is the information on the R4 compatibility list incorrect or is the Arm7 fix for something after the boat trip and the first city. In other words why do i need to Arm7 patch this game?

Thanks in advance.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Unknown Ninja said:
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question. I am using my R4DS with firmware 1.18. I patched my copy of Dragon Quest V with DSATM and it works perfectly. I read on Scorpei.com wiki on the R4 compatibility list that i need to arm7 patch the game for it to work on firmware 1.18. My question is do i still need to patch it? It can get of the boat and i can save in the church and on the map without any problems. Is the information on the R4 compatibility list incorrect or is the Arm7 fix for something after the boat trip and the first city. In other words why do i need to Arm7 patch this game?

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to Arm7 patch it for it to work on 1.18, I didn't and it's working fine. The wiki is probably just wrong, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I went there and some haters had changed the information to say that every ROM needs to be Arm7 patched.

Unknown Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Law said:
Unknown Ninja said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to Arm7 patch it for it to work on 1.18, I didn't and it's working fine. The wiki is probably just wrong, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I went there and some haters had changed the information to say that every ROM needs to be Arm7 patched.
Thanks for the really quick answer.

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wooo.. well, i used the xdelta and the fix... i uploaded it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2G6NG1H

Note that the .bat didnt work for me so i had to manually patch it using dos prompt ( usage: xdelta.exe patch patchfile [fromfile [tofile]] )

patchfile being xpa-dqvu.fix

So far it seems to work fine (im using a M3 Slot-2)

arwiiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i Just have a question is this the master code?
and im a total noob at this stuff how do you put this in the game i tried it and it wont work on my dragon quest game can you please help me?
thanks

Ryakin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hiya guys!! I got A problem:

i got an Edge Card (latest os 1.44) i downloaded the cheats DB but i cant make the game go after the ship....i've enabled the fix cheat but it seems to not work at all....someone can help?? ty guys

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Ryakin said:
hiya guys!! I got A problem:

i got an Edge Card (latest os 1.44) i downloaded the cheats DB but i cant make the game go after the ship....i've enabled the fix cheat but it seems to not work at all....someone can help?? ty guys

use cheat.dat and enable the piracy bypass at this post, AND make sure u have talked to everyone

mantendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mantendo said:
Tyralyon said:
Tempus35 said:
Ok so i am hearing alot about people having issues with the CylcoDS with DQ V. I own one and have been using it to play DQ V, I edited the userevocheat file so I had the piracy code in and have been playing the game fine. I haven't had one of the glitches I have read about, in fact I am some 4 hours in and still nothing is wrong.
Are you using the Bahamut release? I'm wondering if that's what's causing it. Someone in the Cyclo forums said he had done his own dump of the game and that he had no problems.

I'm using a CycloDS evo ver.1.53, and i'm having no problems whatsoever.. I used Narin's updated user.evocheats.zip file and put it in my CycloDS folder from my microSD card.
Yes I am using the Bahamut (E) release.

Ignore that, the firmware i'm actually using on my cyclods evo is 1.51 >_>

Smokey911

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey just letting you guys know that the other cheats elixirdream made dont work on the M3Real when the game has been anti-piracy patched with DSATM. We will have to wait untill they come out with a new system update as the emails ive been sending to the m3 team have just bounced back

hazard99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so frustrated ;;

I have an M3 Simply (Slot 1) and it seems like I've tried everything posted here, but i still cant get off the freaking boat. Can someone with a m3 simply who got this working tell me what you did?

xblkdragonx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this annoys the veteran out there but I need desperate help. I got a r4 with ysmenu via r4ysauto. For the life of me I can't get the cheat for DQ5 to show up and only for that game. I use Cheat Code Editor but it just won't pop up. Since I heard that it also works on r4 v1.18, I used my sister's r4 with that firmware using the usercheat.dat that I made from Cheat Code Editor but it still won't show up. I also tried using Narin's CHEAT.DAT but then none of the cheats show up. I just changed the firmware to ysmenu yesterday so I have a feeling I'm screwing up on something. U do just post the cheats in the TTMENU right? So confused...

Unknown Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xblkdragonx said:
Sorry if this annoys the veteran out there but I need desperate help. I got a r4 with ysmenu via r4ysauto. For the life of me I can't get the cheat for DQ5 to show up and only for that game. I use Cheat Code Editor but it just won't pop up. Since I heard that it also works on r4 v1.18, I used my sister's r4 with that firmware using the usercheat.dat that I made from Cheat Code Editor but it still won't show up. I also tried using Narin's CHEAT.DAT but then none of the cheats show up. I just changed the firmware to ysmenu yesterday so I have a feeling I'm screwing up on something. U do just post the cheats in the TTMENU right? So confused...
I don't know if this will help but when i Arm7 patched my Dragon Quest V game it would not show the cheat option in the game select screen. When i put a clean version of Dragon Quest V on my R4 it did show the cheat option. I tried this with almost all ysmenu custom firmwares and R4DS official and unofficial firmwares and with the Arm7 patched version i don't get a cheat option. It didn't recognize it.

Now that we all know that the Arm7 fix is not necessary just use the clean version with your R4. With 1.18 it works great. I played a few hours and it runs like clockwork.

I also tested patching the cheat into the game with DSATM and it worked so you can try that if all above info is useless.

I am new to this scene so if my help is of no use then sorry for the inconvenience. If it does help good for you. No one needs to miss this great game just because of a stupid copy protection!

I recommend using only the official R4 firmwares. I use Ysmenu only with games that are unplayable with 1.18.

Elminster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
M3 users: i have a M3 SD, i have resolved the boat problem in this way:

- Download the first relase of DQV, the releas UNpatched for M3/R4 etc.
- Patch it with Norin's tip and DSATM.
- The checkbox Enable/Disable must be checked and after patching you must indicate name of new rom pressing the button "save as" and the file must be saved NOT in the same directory of patching program.

For me has been definitely worked.
smile.gif

seifer777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TO: hazard99

an alternative to Elminster would be to download the unpatched game file. and use Narin's protection code. this allows you to:
1. enable other cheats that you cant use if you patched the game
2. bypass the DSATM patch if you're new to it

*be sure to ALWAYS enable Narin's code or else you will have problems saving.

rmanal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a M3 user and I would like to recapitulate and to point the difference between M3 and other card:
- On the original ROM the antiprotection cheat code is not working with the M3 but works with other card.
Could you explain briefly what is the difference from these cards. I have read something about 10seconds but understand nothing?
Do we need, as I have read, to always set to ON the cheat code else it will not work anymore? Is it the same behaviour for all the cards?

- The patched ROM is working for all the main cards, without using any cheat code. But in this case the other cheat code are not functionning anymore.
Tha fact that other cheat codes are not functionning is a M3 behaviour or also applicable to all cards?
Is it pssible to get the same cheat codes but specific to the patched ROM?

Thank you in advance for your explanations.
Rmanal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol