Hacking Dragon Quest: Hand of The Heavenly Bride (E/U) Protection Bypass

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War Destroyer said:
is a good idea to always have the cheat on or only when needed?

if only when needed, where do you need the code besides to get off the boat?
Probably couldn't hurt. I'd hate to get 1/2 done and suddenly find myself stuck in a dungeon or something and not be able to get out, etc...

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
i used narins cheat to bypass security.. i play it. In the cave, the guy keeps reappearing after u save him. then today i saved at the church and the game froze. i reset game, load my game up but its lost my save game and im back at the beginning of the game.

next i try the new fix that is out, i fix the game... turn off cheats in CycloDs options... go to start the game and ...nothing, just a black screen.

anyone else had this problem please.. and know how to get past it?

I also noticed that after the fix, the rom isnt named to its proper name

Tyralyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Domino said:
I added the cheat on my CycloDS Evolution and got past the boat, so that was good. Thanks so much for the work, Narin.

But when I made it to the first town with the cave, I've come across another glitch. I don't know if it's anti-piracy or just a problem. I go into the cave and rescue the man from underneath the rock, but when I leave the room he reappears under the rock again. This happens every time. I also can't save at the church without the game freezing. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes! I have a CycloDS and have that exact same problem. Futhermore, saving doesn't seem to work too well at any other church either. I am able to save but it turns out as a weird save that appears to log all my play time, but it says I'm level 1, and when I try to load it, it's just like starting a new game.
I've been using realtime save, so I am able to save, just not in the normal fashion.

But there's more... When I get back to Wehalbrook the second time (with the gold orb) I can't seem to get anywhere. It's just like the thing with the boat. And when I go into the cave, that man still lies there trapped under the stone, and I can even release him.

There was another bug I noticed as well. When you get back from that mansion over in that other town, your father and that girls parents are waiting outside their house/hotel. If I entered any other house and exited, they were gone! It was just like I hadn't progressed in the story. When I entered their house, that girl was even downstairs waiting for me, and when I talked to her and went to bed, she woke me up like before and joined the team. I now had two of her and I even still had the cat!

Are these bugs only on the CycloDS? And those of you that use a cyclo, did you get past the point where you get back to Whealbrook for the second time?

QUOTE(Bloodangel @ Feb 18 2009, 05:49 PM) i used narins cheat to bypass security.. i play it. In the cave, the guy keeps reappearing after u save him. then today i saved at the church and the game froze. i reset game, load my game up but its lost my save game and im back at the beginning of the game.

next i try the new fix that is out, i fix the game... turn off cheats in CycloDs options... go to start the game and ...nothing, just a black screen.

anyone else had this problem please.. and know how to get past it?

I also noticed that after the fix, the rom isnt named to its proper name
Read your post after I posted mine. It might have been the saving at the church in Whealbrook that messed up the save then.

It seems to me the CycloDS needs a different fix...

EDIT: I now found out that I might be able to continue the story after all, I just hadn't realized what it was I had to do. Will try and save at the next possible church to see if the save gets fixed by that.

- It doesn't. I suggest all CycloDS users use the RTS save feature. Maybe Narin could update the original post with a warning to CycloDS users?

TransformersFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kreatur84 said:
TransformersFan said:
Im so confused. I just got my R4 2 weeks ago, and I didnt know it would be so difficult. Uhm, im sory for soundign so dumb, but what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to replace the CHEAT dat file I already have with this new one to play Dragon Quest V?

Im not very good with computers, so the way everyone is discussing it is very alien to me. My friend was the one who got me an R4, I just transfered all his files to my SD. He doesnt really understand himself either.

I have a CHEAT dat file in my systems folder. I dont know what it does though. I tried replacing it with the new cheat file but I didnt even see any cheats available, like when you scroll down your list of games and some have a "press Y" function. So I switched back to the old cheat file.

Can anyone explain in simple (noob-terms) what is needed to play this game?

Im so confused and frustrated at this point that I may just spend the $40 and get this game.
frown.gif

there are enough other games you can play,you become your card two weeks ago i think you should play first other games
ih i know , it's just that i was looking forward to playing this game alot, and i was hoping to figure this out as i have a feeling that future NDS games will have similar antti piracy codes.
frown.gif

Tyralyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
TransformersFan said:
ih i know , it's just that i was looking forward to playing this game alot, and i was hoping to figure this out as i have a feeling that future NDS games will have similar antti piracy codes.
frown.gif
I hear you dude, and I thought that was a stupid thing of Kreatur84 to say.

I haven't got an R4 and know nothing about it, but maybe someone else could help this guy out?

Towa

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well to the guys who use CyclonDs. I also have a CyclonDs Card an used the Bypass Cheat but I can save without freezing or that my hero is level 1 or something like that. Ok I only played 15 mins and only saved once in the first town. Is Whealbrook the name of the first town? I only play the german version an the name in this version is "Steinach".

Tyralyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Towa said:
Well to the guys who use CyclonDs. I also have a CyclonDs Card an used the Bypass Cheat but I can save without freezing or that my hero is level 1 or something like that. Ok I only played 15 mins and only saved once in the first town. Is Whealbrook the name of the first town? I only play the german version an the name in this version is "Steinach".
No, and I'm not sure if it gets corrupted the first time you're in Whealbrook. You and your father walks to Whealbrook, then you walk to a second town (Rose something maybe?), and after spending some days there, you and your father go back to Whealbrook. I know for sure that if you save at the church then, the save gets corrupted.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

yeah does seem the save becomes corrupt and starts back at beginning.

Have you emailed team cyclods about it?

have you tried the 1.54 beta 2 firmware? i myself am using the latest official 1.53 firmware. maybe using the latest beta may fix it?

i wish i was able to save the guy under the rock
frown.gif

i dont know how to advance the story any further and thought you had to save him to advance the story

TransformersFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tyralyon said:
TransformersFan said:
frown.gif
I hear you dude, and I thought that was a stupid thing of Kreatur84 to say.

I haven't got an R4 and know nothing about it, but maybe someone else could help this guy out?

Thanks, But he has a point though. In some ways I am being greedy. My main problem is that If I cant figure out how to apply cheats and other means to bypass anti piracy due to my technical illetaracy, then as more games come out (especially Square Enix games) with anti piracy coding, it will make my "new" R4 obsolete.

The reason I got an R4 (besides the obvious financial reasons) was that it seemed so easy to use.

Can someone please either describe step by step on link me to a document that describes how I apply Narins cheat code to my R4?

Otherwise, Ill just buy the game....

Arn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've the same problem as TyraLyon on a M3 Real (Last fw and roms hack with Narin code).

I 'll try with sakura but i need to restart a game.

TransformersFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I think I figured it out. This is what I did for R4.

1st step- go to http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ then click on the 1st file called 02_16_09_All.zip. Download it to your desktop. Using Winrar (or whatever u use for .zip files, extract the file inside.

2nd step- your desktop will fill up with all these cheat files, some may apply to you, some don't. Your looking for the file called USRCHEAT. See it? good. leave it for now.

3rd step- connect your microsd with all ur NDS games to your computer. You should have a folder called _system_ , yes? click it.

4rd step- now in this folder is there a file called CHEAT (its a DAT file)? f there is, rename it to something called CHEAT1. Copy it to ur desktop just in case something goes wrong u can still re-use this file again. Once you've renamed it and saved it to ur desktop, delete this file from your _system_ folder. Done? Ok, go back to your desktop.

5th step-See that earlier file called USRCHEAT? Click and drag this file to the _system_ folder as a replacement to your earlier CHEAT file. Got it? good.

6th step-safely remove your SD card, and put it back in your R4. Boot up ur DS. And scroll down to your Dragon Quest V game. See an an icon that says Cheat(Y) under the game on the bottom screen. Select it. Now on the top screen u see a cheat called Piracy Check Bypass Cheat. Select it. (it took me awhile to enable this). You wanna have a green square next to Game Disable and Cheat Disable only on the bottom screen to select the cheat in the top screen. Fiddle around with it.Then select save and exit.

7th step-turn on your game, talk to everyone on the ship and leave the captain for last. When you go back out on the deck the ship will dock.

It worked for me. Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps someone. And sorry if I annoyed anyone.

Thanks to Narin for making this file and all those who assisted.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what must i do in the first village where ive gone with ludwig?
i can´t figure out what i have to do

ps dq 5 looks original like DQ4.just a new story eh?

TransformersFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kreatur84 said:

seems to have a better plot though.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Nintendude92 @ Feb 18 2009, 10:46 PM) Zomg another Mario And Luigi 3 issue for the Real users.

It's a good thing I've never played the other DQ's.
does Mario and Luigi 3 have english option ?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TransformersFan said:
Kreatur84 said:

seems to have a better plot though.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Nintendude92 @ Feb 18 2009, 10:46 PM) Zomg another Mario And Luigi 3 issue for the Real users.

It's a good thing I've never played the other DQ's.
does Mario and Luigi 3 have english option ?
No, it doesn't.

Anyway I'm gunna try this on M3 Sakura firmware now..

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did the Sakura users get it to work? I'm just suck on the boat.. :S

Trying DSATM but for any other Rom I've needed it for my end result is normally 'File' and not an nds file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto