Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since I connected a router to my PC (in order to use a WLAN with my laptop), my desktop PC's download speed started to behave really weird. You see, I take the speed test at SpeedTest.net and this is what I get:

221670215.png

Fairly normal, I recently got my connection upgraded to 20MB. But, the thing is, my download speed with HTTP direct links is, almost always, capped at 250KBps, when I remember reaching 2MBps not so long go. Also, those downloads seem to randomly stop working. For example, yesterday I was trying to download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul for Oblivion (~300MB), but I had to restart the download several times from several mirrors to be able to complete it. And don't get me started about "light" files, like ROMs...
And, on top of everything, when I first connected my laptop with my desktop, I transfered my sister's files (music, images, videos, saved games, etc.) from one to the other in about 30 minutes. Now, right now, I'm sending said OOO to my laptop and it's taking more than 80 minutes to complete the transfer.

Something isn't right with my connection, but I don't know what. As you could see, the results from the speed test are normal, but, in the practice, things aren't so normal...

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.