Hacking Download the NEW NUSGrabberGUI

Do you like the design elements of the new NUSGrabberGUI?

• Yes!

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • Some, yes.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • CHANGE IT BACK!

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know thx :D really appreciate all the help BTW are you realeasing a new version of nus grabber
Yes... I will be. I can't give you an estimate, but I am working on a few things. Over the next few updates I'll be implementing different languages, a new method for obtaining content from NUS which will include a STATUS BAR for your download among other things, and the ability to download system updates.

Reactions: Garou

Dumb-Nut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yes... I will be. I can't give you an estimate, but I am working on a few things. Over the next few updates I'll be implementing different languages, a new method for obtaining content from NUS which will include a STATUS BAR for your download among other things, and the ability to download system updates.
AWESOME

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it downloaded after re-extracting but it downloaded only 2 folders code and content and that other stuff but didnt download the meta folder when i copy the content and code to the extract folder and open it in cemu it says unkown file type even thought it is an rpx file( in miguels youtube tutorial it downloaded all files with older version)When i try the old version it says unknown problem occured right after i clicked the download button thx for replyin the extracted game works without update i would really appreciate the help
What did you try to download? I've heard of that happening, but I've never heard of Cemu refusing to run it in that case

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Dumb-Nut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What did you try to download? I've heard of that happening, but I've never heard of Cemu refusing to run it in that case
i downloaded mario maker and mario kart 8's update and it downloaded only content and code folder but didnt download the meta folder thanks for replyin

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded mario maker and mario kart 8's update and it downloaded only content and code folder but didnt download the meta folder thanks for replyin
If your using loadiine. I don't believe mario kart 8 will work with updates. Maybe it's fixed now

Dumb-Nut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Do nusgrabber downloads even work in Cemu/Loadiine? I've only ever used it for updating games and looking into files
they do i saw a guy in youtube named miguel something something(it included miguel ok) he updated his mario maker but if i try to do it it says unknown file type because i think that its because of da meta folder not downloading

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your using loadiine. I don't believe mario kart 8 will work with updates. Maybe it's fixed now
even except the loadline when i extracted the game and tried to update it it said unknown file type

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they do i saw a guy in youtube named miguel something something(it included miguel ok) he updated his mario maker but if i try to do it it says unknown file type because i think that its because of da meta folder not downloading

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

even except the loadline when i extracted the game and tried to update it it said unknown file type
Did you put the downloaded content in an update folder on sd card and in loadiine select update folder?

Dumb-Nut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
FI
--------------- NEW-NUSGrabberGUI ---------------

Development of a new NUSGrabberGUI was suggested to me by members of the community over on the thread "The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking" created by fiveighteen. Since I wanted to help the community of hackers, I decided to go for it. Now, after months of development, the beta is here, and I will try my best to implement good suggestions. If you find any spelling or grammar (including spacing) issues, PLEASE tell me. It's one of my pet peeves. Also, you can now find the project's source code here: https://github.com/FoxMcloud5655/NEW-NUSGrabberGUI

NUSGrabber1.JPG
This program will provide you a way to easily view all the titles that the Wii U has to offer, and allows you to call the command line versions of NUSGrabber and CDecrypt straight from the program. Basically, it allows you to download and decrypt game updates, system titles, and even full titles, granted that you have the keys to decrypt them.
Right here! This is a zip which contains almost everything you need to run NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41125193/NUSGrabber/NEW-NUSGrabber.zip
If you're on a Linux computer, follow these instructions:
1. Install winetricks (if it's not installed already) using this command in your terminal: "sudo apt-get install winetricks" If wine has been previously installed on your computer, delete/rename the .wine folder located at "/home/*username*/.wine".
2. Run this command in the terminal: "export WINEARCH=win32"
3. Download this file somewhere (preferably in your "Downloads" folder) using this command: "wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks"
4. Now for a long wait... Run this command to install the .NET Framework and all required binaries: "bash winetricks dotnet45 corefonts". When a dialog asks to restart the computer at any point after install, select "Restart Later".

If you're on a Mac, you can also install WINE, but I don't currently have instructions, as I don't own a Mac. If you get it to work, let me know!
First of all, you'll need to download Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.5 if you haven't done so already. Here is a link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30653

To download a title, follow these steps:

1. Load the program, and update your versionlists. (You can skip updating the versionlists if you know they are up to date or if you want the latest version.)
2. Search for/Click on the title you want to download.
3. Select a version from the list on the right side. (This step is optional if you want the latest version.)
4. Hit the download button.

To install the title that you've downloaded, you need to put ALL the files that you downloaded (stored in the root directory of the program, in a subdirectory with the titleid, and optionally a version if you selected one... like this: "/program/titleid/version/") from this program (WITHOUT decrypting them) onto your SD Card in a folder called install. So, if your SD Card was mounted as the F: drive, then one example of the files should look like this: (F:\install\00000001.app)

If you want to decrypt the title for use with Loadiine or for your personal use (which is NOT needed if you want to install the update to the Wii U), then follow these additional steps:

1. Hit the decrypt button.
2. Navigate to folder which was just created (if you selected a specific version, then it would be "\rootdir\titleid\version\", but if you got the latest version, then it would be "\rootdir\titleid\")
3. Select the .bin of the Wii U Common key (which you have to obtain yourself)

Additionally, you can check the auto-decrypt checkbox in the settings to always decrypt downloaded titles. After the first time of use, the program remembers where your WiiU Common Key is stored, and uses that every time unless you move or delete the key.

If you have errors when you attempt to download or decrypt a title, then you probably need Visual C++ x86, which can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
MAKE SURE YOU GET "x86", NOT "x64", EVEN IF YOUR SYSTEM IS 64-BIT!

If you have any other errors while running this program, you can PM me about them, open up an issue on GitHub (preferred method), or enable the debug feature yourself (if you know what you're doing) by renaming the .exe to NUSGrabberGUI, and attempt to deduce the problem and fix it yourself. (You can also rename it to NUtSGrabberGUI or DeezNUSGrabberGUI. Thanks, lonemoonHD... [If you're wondering where that came from, check my profile's status.])

The changelog can be found at this project's home on GitHub: https://github.com/FoxMcloud5655/NEW-NUSGrabberGUI/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

The versions that start with a 'v' are the versions that the wiki has. If there are versions for a particular title inside the versionlists, then that title will not have any 'v' style versions, and instead pull its versions from the compiled versionlist.

If you have questions about how to use/install the files gathered by the NUSgrabber (the command line version that my program calls) or have questions about NUSgrabber in general, then this site that crediar put together might prove useful to you: http://www.wupinstaller.com/

My alpha testers:
WiiuGold for willingly being my only alpha tester and for listing my app on their site.

My beta testers:
hama for finding a bug with some setups not handling NUSGrabber being started from another program properly on startup.
supermalloch for finding a crash when attempting to do multiple tasks in a row.
markehmus for finding the bug with being able to hit the download button when there were no titles.
Nemesis90 for finding out about the redistributable problem.
Net-KILLER for finding the fix to the redistributable problem.
Nym5 for finding a permanent fix to the redistributable problem.
lonemoonHD for beta testing the "hidden" debug features ;)
emuman100 for testing the GUI on WINE in Linux.
xtremegamer for providing instructions on how to get the GUI working in Linux.
aspire78 for finding the regional settings bug.
Garou for finding the auto-updating bug.
CableLeecher for finding that the region wasn't saving.
FunThomas for finding out that some systems don't like floats.

And last, but not least:
Sumea for the NEW name (haha)
Maximilious for suggesting CDecrypt to be added to the GUI.
Adr990 for the original code for the GUI.
crediar for the command line NUSGrabber and CDecrypt.
fiveighteen for being the first to suggest making this program!
FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK COPIED THE NEW GUI TO THE OLD ONE IT WORKED YEAHHHHHHHHH

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Hyrule Warriors update isn't showing in NewNUSGrabber GUI. I select "latest" and it says I've already downloaded this one. But my Wii U wants me to update to play the game, so I know there's a later update than version 192. What gives? I've updated the title list and everything.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
The latest Hyrule Warriors update isn't showing in NewNUSGrabber GUI. I select "latest" and it says I've already downloaded this one. But my Wii U wants me to update to play the game, so I know there's a later update than version 192. What gives? I've updated the title list and everything.
Did you update the versionlists? I'm assuming that's what you meant by title list. If you have already done that, then it may be related to the fact that most of the games won't download on people's computers anymore via NUSGrabber.exe.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I didn't have any problem once I realized the previous update I'd downloaded was what was giving me that "You've already downloaded this version" dialog.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? I didn't have any problem once I realized the previous update I'd downloaded was what was giving me that "You've already downloaded this version" dialog.
Good. Well, the program assumes that you are going to move said directory when you update using the "latest" version... That's why it said that you've already downloaded it. You can just ignore that and download it anyways (if you know there is a new version out) if that happens again.

TeflonWeasel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I downloaded super smash bros v288 just fine, but when I go to decrypt it, it gives me an error "There was an unknown problem while decrypting." I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't decrypt. I have the ckey.bin file, which i used HxD to make, and I have the correct Visual c++ installed. Any help would be appreciated

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I downloaded super smash bros v288 just fine, but when I go to decrypt it, it gives me an error "There was an unknown problem while decrypting." I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't decrypt. I have the ckey.bin file, which i used HxD to make, and I have the correct Visual c++ installed. Any help would be appreciated
Put the program in debug mode... That should produce a debug.log. Upload that in your next post, and let's see if we can solve this issue.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
For one, never run .exe's straight out of a .zip! That causes all sorts of issues. Two, I think I have a bug in which the MSVCR120.dll and another .dll extracts from the program when it doesn't need to. After you load my program, delete the two .dll's that start with an M.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, tell if I did something wrong...
1. I clicked on the "Full Titles'' tab and downloaded Pokken Tournament
2. After that says download title succeeded'' or something, the grabber then puts the files in a folder

I copied the files, every one of 'em into (not the folders, an install on my root, and wup says '' Not a version title or a game updates.

Help thanks

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, tell if I did something wrong...
1. I clicked on the "Full Titles'' tab and downloaded Pokken Tournament
2. After that says download title succeeded'' or something, the grabber then puts the files in a folder

I copied the files, every one of 'em into (not the folders, an install on my root, and wup says '' Not a version title or a game updates.

Help thanks
You cant install pay games, its only for updates and free content (decrypt it and paste it in games folder manually)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators