Hacking Download the NEW NUSGrabberGUI

Do you like the design elements of the new NUSGrabberGUI?

• Yes!

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • Some, yes.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • CHANGE IT BACK!

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, you're saying (correct me if I'm wrong) That we can update games while being on a lower firm?
What's the point when 5.5.1 is exploitable??
Like I'm not trying to say any bad stuff about this software, I actually don't see the point for updating games when the latest firm has been exploitable. I like this for Loadiine, so that's why I kinda use this.

EDIT: What's the point to stay on a lower firmware?

Last edited by TheFrenchiestToastYou,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you're saying (correct me if I'm wrong) That we can update games while being on a lower firm?
Like I'm not trying to say any bad stuff about this software, I actually don't see the point for updating games when the latest firm has been exploitable. I like this for Loadiine, so that's why I kinda use this.

It's always best to stay on the lowest exploitable firmware just in case there are unforseen issues later on down the line with it that haven't been discovered yet. Since developers are targeting 5.5.1 right now, though, there's really no reason to stay behind current. This was very useful pre-5.5.x exploit, though

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just wondering but will i need to install every update for smash or i can just install the latest one?

i do see this as a benefit if downloading & installing the update yourself is much faster than the wii u itself.

Last edited by jerzmob,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
i was just wondering but will i need to install every update for smash or i can just install the latest one?
i do see this as a benefit if downloading & installing the update yourself is much faster than the wii u itself.
You will only need to install the latest. The older ones are there in case there is an update that you don't like.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @FoxMcloud5655 !
Can you say a hint or totally how to compile your program when i do some change?
And for new languages i put they in: New NUS Grabber GUI/NUSGrabberGUI/languages (its a new folder)/ and then spanish.lang, french.lang...
And the .lang format its like in Loadiine GX2:
msgid "Original text"
msgstr "Traduction"
I decided to work a little on this until you have less work xD
Bye!

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi @FoxMcloud5655 !
Can you say a hint or totally how to compile your program when i do some change?
And for new languages i put they in: New NUS Grabber GUI/NUSGrabberGUI/languages (its a new folder)/ and then spanish.lang, french.lang...
And the .lang format its like in Loadiine GX2:
msgid "Original text"
msgstr "Traduction"
I decided to work a little on this until you have less work xD
Bye!
I appreciate it! Before I merge it with the main program, I might modify it (just saying), but here goes:
In order to compile my program, you need to download and install some sort of Visual Studio. The one I used was the Community version. Once it's installed, open up the .sln file, and edit away!
EDIT: It would probably be easier to put the text in a .csv style, like this:

error,"NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."
intro,"Welcome to the NEW-NUSGrabberGUI!"

Note that these texts do not appear in the actual program, and these are only provided as an example.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
Reactions: victormr21

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate it! Before I merge it with the main program, I might modify it (just saying), but here goes:
In order to compile my program, you need to download and install some sort of Visual Studio. The one I used was the Community version. Once it's installed, open up the .sln file, and edit away!
I have Visual Studio since 2014 and i have seen now that on top of the program there is a function called compile xD, is this option?
I tried it and i dont see the .exe file GG
Bye!

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Show me, because different Visual Studio versions have different methods of compiling. When I compile the program, I just "play-test" it in release mode and decline to open up the program once it finishes compiling. I then take that .exe and move it to the host file and update the version number.

In general, when you compile a program, look inside the bin folder for a Debug or a Release folder, and the .exe should be inside.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
It worked, it was here all time!
But Visual Studio compiled all folders (properties, resources, obj...) or only info inside .sln file?
I say this because there isnt option to change language

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    32 KB · Views: 195

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will only need to install the latest. The older ones are there in case there is an update that you don't like.
Unfortunately for me, I got an error twice when using wupinstaller whenever it completes installing the update. I even used upper case on first of "Install". any suggestions for future updates? is it because I'm already on 5.5.1?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
It worked, it was here all time!
But Visual Studio compiled all folders (properties, resources, obj...) or only info inside .sln file?
I say this because there isnt option to change language
It compiles whatever is set up inside the .sln file. By editing the actual program and adding resources, such as a language file, the compiler knows where to pull said resources from. I have a specific way that resources are used in the file, so that's why I said that I might have to edit the program before releasing it.

In order to create and use the language file, this is what needs to happen:
1. The program needs to be modified to pull strings from an external source... This means creating a new function that executes at run-time that grabs values from the language file and adds them as variables inside the program.
2. The english strings that are hard-coded need to be extracted and put inside a language file of it's own.
3. A setting needs to be implemented that allows the user to change languages. If the program is running for the first time, then prompt the user before the program loads on what language they want.
4. Any other languages can now be added to the program, following the schema from the english language file.

Unfortunately for me, I got an error twice when using wupinstaller whenever it completes installing the update. I even used upper case on first of "Install". any suggestions for future updates? is it because I'm already on 5.5.1?
What error did you get? Also, I'm not the best person to ask on this. fiveighteen and TotalInsanity4 are great members of the community who are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.

Reactions: victormr21

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
It compiles whatever is set up inside the .sln file. By editing the actual program and adding resources, such as a language file, the compiler knows where to pull said resources from. I have a specific way that resources are used in the file, so that's why I said that I might have to edit the program before releasing it.

In order to create and use the language file, this is what needs to happen:
1. The program needs to be modified to pull strings from an external source... This means creating a new function that executes at run-time that grabs values from the language file and adds them as variables inside the program.
2. The english strings that are hard-coded need to be extracted and put inside a language file of it's own.
3. A setting needs to be implemented that allows the user to change languages. If the program is running for the first time, then prompt the user before the program loads on what language they want.
4. Any other languages can now be added to the program, following the schema from the english language file.

What error did you get? Also, I'm not the best person to ask on this. fiveighteen and TotalInsanity4 are great members of the community who are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.
pufffff, i think i will wait to the next release and i see source code and changing things xD
Or if you want tell me step by step and i do it
Tanks for all replies and and your quickly help!

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
pufffff, i think i will wait to the next release and i see source code and changing things xD
Or if you want tell me step by step and i do it
Tanks for all replies and and your quickly help!
You're welcome :) I'll get around to it, as soon as both of my computers stop being stupid and I recover all of my data that I lost.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the person to ask about WUP Installer, I used it once before it was ported to ELF to spoof my console version and that's about it

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
how can i download DLC by this program?
Go to the title that you want to download DLC from, note the TitleID, and visit this link: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database. Then search the TitleID inside the DLC section, note the full ID of what you want to download, and run NUSGrabber.exe inside the folder that contains NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe with the argument of that ID, minus the hyphen. (e.g., "NUSGrabber 0005000C10101010")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-