Hacking Download the NEW NUSGrabberGUI

Do you like the design elements of the new NUSGrabberGUI?

• Yes!

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • Some, yes.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • CHANGE IT BACK!

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

do.ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. Thanks for creating this tool.

I successfully updated New Super Mario Bros. by downloading, decrypting and merging the folders. When I run the game, on the title screen it shows "1.3.0". In your tool however, it shows versions 32, 48 & 80:

2016-04-05 11_38_10-G__Games_Emu__Roms_Wii-U_Tools_NEW-NUSGrabber.png

1. Is this because there is a separate "technical"/internal and "user" numbering?
2. By choosing "Latest", will just the highest number displayed be chosen (80) in this case, or is it a separate version number?

TIA :)

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't seem to work. Updates say not found on servers, system and full titles say feature not implemented yet? I used to use these features a while until i updated?
The system has never been supported (yet) from the start, but the full titles should work... The updates saying "Not found" are because of Nintendo, not me. We suspect that they are moving their updates to another server, or are disallowing access to certain ones.

Hi. Thanks for creating this tool.

I successfully updated New Super Mario Bros. by downloading, decrypting and merging the folders. When I run the game, on the title screen it shows "1.3.0". In your tool however, it shows versions 32, 48 & 80:

View attachment 44687

1. Is this because there is a separate "technical"/internal and "user" numbering?
2. By choosing "Latest", will just the highest number displayed be chosen (80) in this case, or is it a separate version number?

TIA :)
1. Yes, it is. What you see in my program are the internal/technical version numbers that Nintendo uses. The one ingame is the "end-user" version.

2. Yes. There is no separate version number. However, even if the versionlists are not up to date, selecting "Latest" will always get the latest.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
Reactions: do.ob

do.ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. Yes, it is. What you see in my program are the internal/technical version numbers that Nintendo uses. The one ingame is the "end-user" version.
2. Yes. There is no separate version number. However, even if the versionlists are not up to date, selecting "Latest" will always get the latest.

Thanks a lot for your reply and explanation :) I have two further questions:

1. Would it be possible to display what that "latest" version number actually is, before downloading? I want to keep track if each game is up-to-date and so if I actually have to download something or not and updating the whole list takes quite a while.
2. Would it also be possible to let the tool display the "end-user" version?

TIA (again ;) )

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for your reply and explanation :) I have two further questions:

1. Would it be possible to display what that "latest" version number actually is, before downloading? I want to keep track if each game is up-to-date and so if I actually have to download something or not and updating the whole list takes quite a while.
2. Would it also be possible to let the tool display the "end-user" version?

TIA (again ;) )
1. The "latest" version is determined by NUSGrabber, not my program, and updating the versionlists will always get all the versions. However, you have given me an idea, in that I might be able to let the user only get the most recent versions for each game. That would make updating the versionlists super fast, and would only let the user know what they want to know. I could also have the program update versionlists every time it loads the game list, but only if we're getting the latest versionlist (instead of all of them). Thanks for the idea!

2. That is determined by what's contained inside the files you download, so no. Unless each "external" version was documented on a wiki somewhere, I wouldn't be able to provide that info.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright everyone, it is TIME! Time to make this project open-source! I know I said I would wait until a full release to provide the source, but I was feeling generous today and just decided to make it public. If ANYONE wants to download the code for this project, you can find it on the OP. Also, if anyone finds bugs, please, PLEASE use the built-in issue tracker that GitHub provides. I'm very much looking forward to seeing if anyone can benefit from looking at my code, and finally producing a good, feature-filled, stable version for the public to enjoy using.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone getting this when trying to download a patch for any title? http://imgur.com/I1LcrWi on the latest version of NusGrabber the error seems to be "this title cannot be found on nintendo servers". Anyone know what may be causing it?
I'm getting the same thing.
Don't worry... I'm working on a fix right now. NUSGrabber seems to not work, so I'm taking a version that someone edited and I'll use that for the time being until I find a permanent fix.

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone getting this when trying to download a patch for any title? http://imgur.com/I1LcrWi on the latest version of NusGrabber the error seems to be "this title cannot be found on nintendo servers". Anyone know what may be causing it?
Try this. ( http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/bSZcA7nx/file.html - by @DaBlackDeath)

Don't worry... I'm working on a fix right now. NUSGrabber seems to not work, so I'm taking a version that someone edited and I'll use that for the time being until I find a permanent fix.
Confirming that it does fix the title not found errors on all the titles I've tried so far.

--EDIT: OK, so some still don't work , such as YouTube (all) , Mario Party 10 (EUR)

Last edited by supermalloch,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: supermalloch

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
It still hasn't worked for me. The main one that everyone is trying to get is Mario Maker, so would you try that?
Mario Maker downloads fine (EUR), but it did before as well. However "New super Mario bros U" (EUR) didn't work before and now it does.

EDIT: I mean updates not full titles.
EDIT 2: I found A BUG!! Mario Maker full title will download with latest selected, but not with 176 (latest?) selected. :)

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Mario Maker downloads fine (EUR), but it did before as well. However "New super Mario bros U" (EUR) didn't work before and now it does.

EDIT: I mean updates not full titles.
EDIT 2: I found A BUG!! Mario Maker full title will download with latest selected, but not with 176 (latest?) selected. :)
Mario Maker USA does not work for me. Maybe EUR? I'll try it. Yes, that is a bug. I actually don't need any versions when downloading a full title, as it does not matter.

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Maker USA does not work for me. Maybe EUR? I'll try it. Yes, that is a bug. I actually don't need any versions when downloading a full title, as it does not matter.
It doesn't download with the original nusgrabber that comes with 0.84 , but substituting dablackdeath's version allows it to download. Ill go try USA , updates and full titles.

Ok, so USA Mario Maker updates and full title seem to download fine with dablackdeath version. With the original exe it fails on both.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't download with the original nusgrabber that comes with 0.84 , but substituting dablackdeath's version allows it to download. Ill go try USA , updates and full titles.

Ok, so USA updates and full titles seem to download fine with dablackdeath version. With the original exe it fails on both.
Weird... So why is it not working?! I'm pulling my hair out now... *slight ripping sound* THERE. I feel better now. Now, where was I? Oh yes, NUSGrabber... So I'm going to push out a test update, and I'd like you to see if it works or not.

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. The update is out, but it's a hidden update, so force the app to update.

When I do a clean install of your package and update to 0.85 beta it doesn't download MM USA , but if I substitute the exe from the "fixed" rar it works again? I'm not sure if the alternative download method in the settings works either yet. Also the full titles version bug is obviously fixed. :P

Edit: here is the log, fist run with orig exe, second with exe from rar. Not a lot to see :/

Edit 2: Not using nusgrabber method in settings seems to freeze at parsing ticket?

Attachments

• debug.log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 272

badspot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
When I do a clean install of your package and update to 0.85 beta it doesn't download MM USA , but if I substitute the exe from the "fixed" rar it works again? I'm not sure if the alternative download method in the settings works either yet. Also the full titles version bug is obviously fixed. :P

Edit: here is the log, fist run with orig exe, second with exe from rar. Not a lot to see :/

Edit 2: Not using nusgrabber method in settings seems to freeze at parsing ticket?
Either delete old NUSgrabber.exe or move the updated NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe to another folder, start it.
It should create new NUSgrabber.exe and other files that are needed.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States

Alright... So maybe I have the wrong .exe? Can you do a SHA-1 (or any other method) on the .exe from the rar? Also, the internal method (no NUSGrabber), like the warning stated, isn't ready for public use yet. I have it in there as prep for an alternative method of acquiring what you want, as it is LibWiiSharp.

Either delete old NUSgrabber.exe or move the updated NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe to another folder, start it.
It should create new NUSgrabber.exe and other files that are needed.
supermalloch was just doing some testing, and acquired the info that I needed. I'm sure he knows what he is doing, as he is the best bug finder yet :)

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country

So the SHA1.​
original exe : 0B3CBA33AF98F82E6C4FBCB0B7010D13E3FA3399
working exe : EE258C61E232E424F06952513E8EF39AE735F072
RAR exe : EE258C61E232E424F06952513E8EF39AE735F072
Doing another clean install force update seemed to get me the working version this time! :)

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: