Hacking Downgrading help?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to downgrade to 3.2. That's SOOOO 2008. =P

I know you're gonna give me some reason you think you want to downgrade for, but whatever reason it is, it's wrong.

You'd be better off upgrading to 4.2 imo

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, think of it this way: You want to get to a menu where you can install themes and Priiloader. You can use a set of old tools to downgrade and do that, then eventually upgrade to 4.2 and have to reinstall said themes and Priiloader.

Why not cut out the unnecessary middle step?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I'm being so obstinate about it is that some Wiis will brick by going anywhere below 3.4. I assume that yours is an older console that isn't affected by this, but still. It's something I don't advise to anyone.

But if you wanna do it, install IOS30 (the lowest version one, not the new brickaholic stub version), then install the System Menu 3.2 of your region. Do it in that order or you're potentially screwed. If you don't have BootMii at boot2, don't come cryin' to me if you screw something up.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought it that late and it came with 3.4... then yeah, there's a good chance your console would go kaputt if it went below 3.4. IIRC the easiest way to know for sure (aside from downgrading and finding out the hard way) is to check which boot2 revision you have using BootMii. If you've got boot2v4, then it's definitely a no-no to downgrade to 3.2.

See why I'm saying that 4.2 will be better for ya?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you can't install BootMii into boot2, that doesn't mean you don't HAVE boot2. If you didn't, the Wii would have been a brick before it even left the factory. =P

And yup, follow the steps and you'll be sittin' happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless +1