Hacking Downgrade from 7.0 with NAND backup

AliBeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Update: Restored my NAND and my Switch booted fine!
Hi
Is there a guide that you followed to restore you switch to 6.2 ? Did u use hekate?
I am on the same situation here with system backup see pic. and is 6.2 firmware. Its a clean backup before i ever used cfw. Now the switch is on 7.0 system firmware and 9 fuses burnt.
Do u run SX OS ?

Attachments

• 07D2CD81-F12C-4ED7-A880-0E7F91F1266B.jpeg
    07D2CD81-F12C-4ED7-A880-0E7F91F1266B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

eldavo2090

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi
Is there a guide that you followed to restore you switch to 6.2 ? Did u use hekate?
I am on the same situation here with system backup see pic. and is 6.2 firmware. Its a clean backup before i ever used cfw. Now the switch is on 7.0 system firmware and 9 fuses burnt.
Do u run SX OS ?
no need for a gude, you only need a exFAT formatted sd card, boot up hekate and restore boot 0/1 and the nand... thats it. just make sure that you havent burned any efuses... did you boot in 7.0?

AliBeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
no need for a gude, you only need a exFAT formatted sd card, boot up hekate and restore boot 0/1 and the nand... thats it. just make sure that you havent burned any efuses... did you boot in 7.0?
Efuses? I have 9 brunt fuses. And yes i have booted into 7.0.1 original firmware. Is there a problem then?

eldavo2090

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Efuses? I have 9 brunt fuses. And yes i have booted into 7.0.1 original firmware. Is there a problem then?
If I recall correctly, you need to have the right amount of fuses to load a firmware, if it doesn't match then your Switch wont boot up... So... I Don't recommend you to downgrade now that you have booted in 7.0.1 already...

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I recall correctly, you need to have the right amount of fuses to load a firmware, if it doesn't match then your Switch wont boot up... So... I Don't recommend you to downgrade now that you have booted in 7.0.1 already...

Please don't spread misinformation, It will only fail to boot if you try to load ofw normally. I tested this as soon as 7.0.x came out, burnt my fuses then downgraded to 6.2 to prove the console could still boot.

Its still possible to boot, but it can only boot CFW or stock through Hekate if you downgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make a nand backup, get the latest kosmos files, download the 6.2 firmware, use checkpoint to backup all saves, run choidujourNX to downgrade to 6.2 (choose system initialisation on the left hand menu) Proceed to launch any cfw of your choice

eldavo2090

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please don't spread misinformation, It will only fail to boot if you try to load ofw normally. I tested this as soon as 7.0.x came out, burnt my fuses then downgraded to 6.2 to prove the console could still boot.

Its still possible to boot, but it can only boot CFW or stock through Hekate if you downgrade

Make a nand backup, get the latest kosmos files, download the 6.2 firmware, use checkpoint to backup all saves, run choidujourNX to downgrade to 6.2 (choose system initialisation on the left hand menu) Proceed to launch any cfw of your choice
Dude, like that's why I told him that he was better off not doing what I did, because I don't really know what to do to DOWNGRADE from 7.0.1, as my Switch was with AutoRCM enabled, it never booted uo 7.0 so I never had to deal with burnt fuses... Geez man...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, like that's why I told him that he was better off not doing what I did, because I don't really know what to do to DOWNGRADE from 7.0.1, as my Switch was with AutoRCM enabled, it never booted uo 7.0 so I never had to deal with burnt fuses... Geez man...
Its easier to downgrade than to find a working setup of "sig patches" and a title installer on 7.X

AliBeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah, I'm already in 7.0.1 and so far been able to install the nsps I have tried so imI good with 7.0.1 for the time being...

I am glad that i didnt downgrade to 6.2. Almoust All of my backup games nsp works perfekt with FW 7.0.1. I have a problem to install update to super smash brothers. Cant find a working update nsp.

Last edited by AliBeg,

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question I gonna update to 7.0.1 using emunand.but how can I update using chore...if I wanna play a game that requires for you to upload your gaming profile which means updating the firmware...example YOU CAN'T PLAY MODERN COMBAT EVEN IN SINGLE PLAYER UNLESS U UPLOAD YOUR GAMER PROFILE TO NINTENDO SO HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS WITHOUT BLOWING A EFUSE????? I'm on 6.2.0 fw please help thanks I got xcuter sxox

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Question I gonna update to 7.0.1 using emunand.but how can I update using chore...if I wanna play a game that requires for you to upload your gaming profile which means updating the firmware...example YOU CAN'T PLAY MODERN COMBAT EVEN IN SINGLE PLAYER UNLESS U UPLOAD YOUR GAMER PROFILE TO NINTENDO SO HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS WITHOUT BLOWING A EFUSE????? I'm on 6.2.0 fw please help thanks I got xcuter sxox
You link your account before doing anything and then you start hacking. All you can do now is link your account in OFW (if it is safe) and then make a new EmuNAND to get an EmuNAND with linked account. Or you can link it while in EmuNAND, but that won't be safe.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just do a ofw update like I have previously doing and screw emunand??? Ppl have been telling me emunand isn't real

Can I still use sxos with 7.0.1???I backed up my nand for 6.2 so can I downgrade back if I ever wanted to??? Or don't bother.what is the right thing to do??? Ive been updating in ofw all along and never been banned yet.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Should I just do a ofw update like I have previously doing and screw emunand??? Ppl have been telling me emunand isn't real
It is for few months now (finally). But depends if you are using the real EmuNAND. If you don't want to get banned and you still want to play online just keep it. If you want to link your account, update ofw to 7.0.1 and link it (if it is safe) and then create a new EmuNAND.
Latest SX OS finally supports 7.0.1.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know the difference between the fake emunand and real???

Dam this is way more complicated then 3ds lol God jeese

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
How do you know the difference between the fake emunand and real???

Dam this is way more complicated then 3ds lol God jeese
Is it saved on your NAND? Then it's fake EmuNAND.
It is not way more complicated. TX just makes it complicated.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After it's finished backing up my nand I will update modern kombat linked account ofw update.should I have the rcm activated when I do the linked account or shut it off?? It's almost done.I guess the efuse will be burned after this.I don't know why I'm backing it up.(the nand) oh well

Is there A tutorial on how to install the real emuNAND?? I tried YouTube but there in another language.

I appreciate your help.I'm been searching google like crazy.can't find a proper way to do all this.it's just not 7.0.1 games but I didn't know about that linked account till modern kombat.:( so I'm gonna try google real quick again.thanks for your help if you do know of a emunand tutorial that would help.I'm about ready to do all this.Will I lose my saves doing this??

I see 3 options in the emunand installation menu sxos.when you install it can you copy your saves and games over to it and keep your system nand on a lower firmware like 3ds???

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
After it's finished backing up my nand I will update modern kombat linked account ofw update.should I have the rcm activated when I do the linked account or shut it off?? It's almost done.I guess the efuse will be burned after this.I don't know why I'm backing it up.(the nand) oh well

Is there A tutorial on how to install the real emuNAND?? I tried YouTube but there in another language.

I appreciate your help.I'm been searching google like crazy.can't find a proper way to do all this.it's just not 7.0.1 games but I didn't know about that linked account till modern kombat.:( so I'm gonna try google real quick again.thanks for your help if you do know of a emunand tutorial that would help.I'm about ready to do all this.Will I lose my saves doing this??

I see 3 options in the emunand installation menu sxos.when you install it can you copy your saves and games over to it and keep your system nand on a lower firmware like 3ds???
AutoRCM does not matter. Your fuses will burn if you boot to ofw and you have fewer fuses than required.
You just need to select hidden SD partition in the SX payload when installing the EmuNAND.
That's how it works. That you can keep SysNAND low and update EmuNAND. But you need 7.0.x to link account. You can still preserve your fuses if you update via choidujourn.
And yes, it will copy everything from SysNAND to your EmuNAND when you create it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la