Replace emmc module with backups and prod keys

Frogger110

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I'm looking for help replacing the emmc module of my modded switch v1.

I installed a few RP2040s and one of the switches showed the "slow emmc" issue after installation.

Since I have a new emmc on hand, I thought about replacing the emmc to test if it's really the issue or simply a problem with the modchip.

I have a complete NAND backup and the prodkeys.

I searched a lot for guides on how to do this but found conflicting informations.

Some guides simply replace the emmc and restore the NAND with Hekate without using the prodkeys.

Some guides use EmmcHaccGen and Tegraexplorer to restore the NAND, but this is usually in the context of a corrupted NAND without exchanging the emmc module.

Could someone please tell me an idiot proof way on what to do after I swapped the emmc module?

Thanks a lot.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think the problem is in the eMMC, probably the problem is in the installation of the modchip. The v1 with rp2040-zero, unlike all the other models, absolutely need 100ohm on dat0 and cmd, otherwise you have the problems described.
In any case, before making a diagnosis, you should cross-test to see if the problem is actually isolated to the EMMC. Test the module on a different motherboard.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,

I'm looking for help replacing the emmc module of my modded switch v1.

I installed a few RP2040s and one of the switches showed the "slow emmc" issue after installation.

Since I have a new emmc on hand, I thought about replacing the emmc to test if it's really the issue or simply a problem with the modchip.

I have a complete NAND backup and the prodkeys.

I searched a lot for guides on how to do this but found conflicting informations.

Some guides simply replace the emmc and restore the NAND with Hekate without using the prodkeys.

Some guides use EmmcHaccGen and Tegraexplorer to restore the NAND, but this is usually in the context of a corrupted NAND without exchanging the emmc module.

Could someone please tell me an idiot proof way on what to do after I swapped the emmc module?

Thanks a lot.
try to retest all mmc points, and as stated use 100 ohms resistors, also if is completely needed to restore the nandbackup use Hekate is the easiest and safe way.

Frogger110

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the feedback. I took the chip out and measured across the resistors, this is what I've measured so far.
I guess the 250 one is dat, the other two 47 makes sense for the clk. The 0.6 one seems off, maybe that's the problem?
resistors.jpg

• Wow

Frogger110

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yea, that's what I thought. Unfortunately, I don't have any 100ohm resistors on hand. I ordered a few resistors and two new RP2040s so I can compare the values on them. They should arrive in 10 days, I will update the post with my findings.

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo