Hacking Downgrade from 7.0 with NAND backup

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a damn shame to post this thread, with this subject but it happened.
My console was updated, to blame anyone in my family would be stupid as I had time to prevent this from happening, anyway, I just want to ask... I have a backup that I made in 12/30/18, 6.2 and I use Kosmos CFW, and I wanted to restore my backup with hekate.
Don't really know much about fuses and that stuff so I wanted to know what risks I have in restoring it from the latest firmware...

Again I am terribly sorry to ask for help with this stupid issue but I really appreciate your help in responding my questions...
Hey seems you might be okay, follow the thread for a bit and make sure it's safe first.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-7-0-downgrade-to-6-2-tutorial.530135/

Reactions: eldavo2090

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
My console was updated, to blame anyone in my family would be stupid as I had time to prevent this from happening, anyway, I just want to ask... I have a backup that I made in 12/30/18, 6.2 and I use Kosmos CFW, and I wanted to restore my backup with hekate.
Don't really know much about fuses and that stuff so I wanted to know what risks I have in restoring it from the latest firmware...

Again I am terribly sorry to ask for help with this stupid issue but I really appreciate your help in responding my questions...

wait atmosphere's cfw updating to compatible with 7.0 OFW

Noaken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Just wait for CFW to come on 7.0 it's pretty close.

JuanDurring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch stealthly updated itself to 7.0 when it was running 6.1 on CFW. I've successfully restored the Boot 0/1 and Nand files and successfully booted back to the state it was at 6.1 so attempted to run CFW again. So I powered it off, put it in RCM mode and loaded ReiNX. I originally used a 32gb microSD to put the nand and boot 0/1 files in for the restore and forgot to remove it and put back the old 64GB that had my games and stuff so when I sent the payload, I saw some orange text on the screen (something about patching) and ReiNX didn't boot.

I then (what it seems like) powered it off, and inserted the original microSD card with my games on it and now I can't get the Switch to detect in RCM mode on TegraRCMGUI and have tried holding the power button down for 10sec, 12 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec and up to 1 minute and can't get the system to boot up. I know the power was in the 90-something percent when it was restoring.

Anyone had this issue and resolved it? I do recall setting up a friend's 6.2 Switch and thought I bricked it (no RCM ready detection, no power, black screen, etc) and was able to get it to boot back up after doing some long power button press and then pressing the home button 1 or 2 times. I've been looking for that link that had that solution and haven't had any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than certain that it's not a brick as I was able to boot to stock OFW after restoring it back to 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Switch stealthly updated itself to 7.0 when it was running 6.1 on CFW. I've successfully restored the Boot 0/1 and Nand files and successfully booted back to the state it was at 6.1 so attempted to run CFW again. So I powered it off, put it in RCM mode and loaded ReiNX. I originally used a 32gb microSD to put the nand and boot 0/1 files in for the restore and forgot to remove it and put back the old 64GB that had my games and stuff so when I sent the payload, I saw some orange text on the screen (something about patching) and ReiNX didn't boot.

I then (what it seems like) powered it off, and inserted the original microSD card with my games on it and now I can't get the Switch to detect in RCM mode on TegraRCMGUI and have tried holding the power button down for 10sec, 12 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec and up to 1 minute and can't get the system to boot up. I know the power was in the 90-something percent when it was restoring.

Anyone had this issue and resolved it? I do recall setting up a friend's 6.2 Switch and thought I bricked it (no RCM ready detection, no power, black screen, etc) and was able to get it to boot back up after doing some long power button press and then pressing the home button 1 or 2 times. I've been looking for that link that had that solution and haven't had any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than certain that it's not a brick as I was able to boot to stock OFW after restoring it back to 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance!

got reinx.bin on the sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)